my rockband shop-a-thon

nugarp

CAGiversary!
Feedback
10 (100%)
I thought the past couple months went down pretty well. What do you guys think? With the RB Pepsi Promotion and the Amazon 50% coupon/10% ECA and all I went on a shopping spree.

My "net buying" is as follows, with adjusted prices in parentheses:
RB2 (Sealed/360) ($25.01)
The Beatles:RB Premium Bundle (Sealed/360) ($100 + $4 gift wrap + $10 release day ship)
Gretsch Duo-Jet Guitar (360) ($89.99)
97 DLC (From Pepsi Promo/360) ($8.70)
+ 21 songs Country Track Pack (Used Import Code & Sold, 360) (net cost: $6.72)
+ 20 songs Classic Track Pack (Used Import Code & Sold, 360) (net cost: $11.27)
Triple Cymbal Expansion Kit (for RB Drums) ($36)
Big Kahuna Reef (Hey it was $0 and came with $5 Mp3 credit) ($0)
$25 Amazon MP3 Credit ($0)
$20 Amazon GC ($0)
ECA Membership ($20)

so it came out to $311 for all of the above.

Did anyone else jump in on all the good RB stuff going on?
I know as a CAG I shouldn't get GW+RDS for TB:RB, but I bought it as a gift for my father.

Edit: Grabbing the values of everything above for it's MSRP/Sale Price:

B2 (Sealed/360) ($46.99 Amazon.com)
The Beatles:RB Premium Bundle (Sealed/360) ($249.99 Amazon.com)
Gretsch Duo-Jet Guitar (360) ($99.99 Amazon.com)
97 DLC (From Pepsi Promo/360) ($194 @ 97*$2)
+ 21 songs Country Track Pack (Used Import Code & Sold, 360) ($20 eBay Avg)
+ 20 songs Classic Track Pack (Used Import Code & Sold, 360) ($15 eBay Avg)
Triple Cymbal Expansion Kit (for RB Drums) ($40)
Big Kahuna Reef (Hey it was $0 and came with $5 Mp3 credit) ($0)
$25 Amazon MP3 Credit ($25)
$20 Amazon GC ($20)
ECA Membership ($20)

which comes out to a value of $730.98, 57.5% off.

It was a video game trade-in promotion that they were running back in early to mid July. Trade in $50 worth of video games and get a coupon good for 50% off any video game or accessory. They either didn't notice or didn't care that this code could be applied to Rock Band bundles.

Kudos to the haul TC. I've been contemplating picking up The Beatles Rock Band, but I just have so much on my plate this fall I had to draw the line somewhere. How is it so far?

the game is GREAT. totally worth it to get the premium bundle IMO but that's just because my dad is a huge beatles fan and the way his face lit up when he saw it -- it was like watching a six year old on their birthday opening their presents (he opened up the AZ.com guitar and cymbal expansion box as well). wonderful! i'm not home during the week (off to college) so I don't know if they've been playing, but it really did bring my family together for pretty much all of friday and saturday (I'm not sure about Sunday, I left). I also didn't have any instruments for the 360 beforehand, so...

sure I could complain about the game only having 45 songs, but I knew that before buying the game, so there's nothing to complain about, and with the amount of research and detail Harmonix put into the game, I think they deserve every penny (minus a few pennies maybe..). Getting the Beatles to officially license a game is no easy feat.

One thing I * do * think is overrated is people's reactions to dreamscapes. Yeah okay it's nice to have a varied background but it's just an animation after all. It does beat watching them practice in the studio without any action but some people pitch that in as a feature RB has over GH. I'm not a GH fan (at all) but I don't get what the big deal is.

I'll definitely be buying all of the DLC released for TBRB when it comes out. Highly recommended game at $59.99, bundle maybe at $199, but $250 is pricey. Though the bundled instruments seem to be going for more than their fair share of the cost of the bundle if sold separately on eBay...

sorry for taking a while to get back to you!

Not bad OP, if you want Rock Band Beetles. If I was going on a RB shopping spree, I would've went with the ION Drumset myself.

You did save a lot of cash though, that's for sure.

bread's done
Back