My Sakura Wars: So Long, My Love impressions

I'm playing this game on 20gb PS3 and it seem to be working perfectly fine for me. Normally, an Atlus or NIS games that came within 1-3 years ago I tend to experience some sort of game corruption. Games like Persona 4, Mana Khemia 2 and Ar Tonelico 2. I'm not sure it's the hardware, ps3 emulation software or coding for these games that are causing the problems. So far, I never experienced any save corruptions for this game. I did made some back ups just in case it happens.

The people that experiencing some game problems are owners of 80gb or newer. Quote from gamefaqs.
I'm playing the game on a PS3... Why am I getting audio and/or video glitches?

The later models of the fat PS3 simply aren't very good at running PS2 games perfectly, due to their usage of software emulation. A considerable percentage of PS2 games will experience audio/video glitches when played on any PS3 model that isn't the early 20GB/60GB version, which came equipped with the Emotion Engine chip. From the reports we've been getting on the board, this game is simply one more addition to that sizable list, and there's nothing you can do about it, unfortunately.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=561890&topic=54354248

[quote name='fatbeer']The game length varies depends on how much you do in free movement sessions and how fast you read the text. I saw people on gamefaqs have a short time length of 12 hours for first play through. I think they're rushing it. Most of battles are pretty easy. If you eliminate enough enemies, you can apply basic rpg hurt and heal strategy. For most part, this game takes around 20-30 hours to beat and around 40-50 hours to complete.[/QUOTE]

The game is extremely easy as long as you don't fuck up bigtime in the conversations.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']The game is extremely easy as long as you don't fuck up bigtime in the conversations.[/QUOTE]

Seems like a lot of conversations have the same three options though, the right answer, the wrong answer, and the answer that seems right but for reasons I'll never understand is not. I got hit by that last one a few times.

[quote name='KillerRamen']I'm super jealous... I'm still dealing with Rosenqueen's customer service trying to get my copy. Out of curiosity, about how long did it take to complete?[/QUOTE]
What's wrong with RQ? Did you preorder a copy and it hasn't shipped still?

There was one copy available 2 days ago on RQ (after it was sold out for weeks). I pulled the trigger. They charged my card already but my order still says "Processed". Now I wonder if they did really have a copy left for sale or their website just screwed up.

[quote name='eau']What's wrong with RQ? Did you preorder a copy and it hasn't shipped still?

There was one copy available 2 days ago on RQ (after it was sold out for weeks). I pulled the trigger. They charged my card already but my order still says "Processed". Now I wonder if they did really have a copy left for sale or their website just screwed up.[/QUOTE]

I pre-ordered in January, but I also ordered a bunch of other stuff with my order. I didn't realize that they held off on shipping until they had everything in stock, so they made an exception and split my order. I've been e-mailing them about it, but I eventually had to call them. Apparently the system is advanced enough to know when to charge my card, but it wasn't smart enough to know that they should ship my game. (Hopefully) I should be getting it sometime next week. (Who knows)

[quote name='fatbeer']I'm playing this game on 20gb PS3 and it seem to be working perfectly fine for me. Normally, an Atlus or NIS games that came within 1-3 years ago I tend to experience some sort of game corruption. Games like Persona 4, Mana Khemia 2 and Ar Tonelico 2. I'm not sure it's the hardware, ps3 emulation software or coding for these games that are causing the problems. So far, I never experienced any save corruptions for this game. I did made some back ups just in case it happens.

The people that experiencing some game problems are owners of 80gb or newer. Quote from gamefaqs.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=561890&topic=54354248[/QUOTE]

Cool, thanks. I usually try to avoid GameFAQs forums whenever possible, so I figured I'd ask here first.

bread's done
Back