My stupid Child's Play.. uh.. challenge?

SikFlux

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
Heya.. I'm sure this may sound ignorant but I figured what the hell...

I just donated $50.00 to Child's Play (on behalf of CAG of course) and I figured I'd issue a challenge of sorts to all you good people that would end up in me donating up to another $50.00.

I'm not a social butterfly in any sense of the word so the only people I currently have on my XBL friends list are "real life" friends who, while they are gamers, are much more casual than I am and rarely ever play the same games as I do. This wasn't ever a big deal but now that leaderboards are more prominent and interesting (i.e. NFS:HP) I find mine to be.. well... a little barren.

So my "challenge" is this.. for every person that sends me a friend request on XBLA I'll donate another $5.00 to Child's Play up to a maximum of $50.00. If I get more requests than 10, that's great as I'd love to play with you all, but I'm a broke ass, so another $50.00 is all I can do.

Obviously it would be in everyone's best interests if our gaming tastes actually overlapped in some way, so here's a brief rundown of me (wow.. this is getting kinda lame, yeah?)

I'm in my mid 30s and while I do have a mic, I usually don't have it plugged in or, if it is plugged in, I usually have it muted.. probably one of the reasons I don't really "connect" with people on live, but.. that's just how I am. Not that I won't talk.. I just usually don't. But now on to the important crap... games.

Currently I'm mostly playing NFS:HP and XBLA games like Pinball FX 2 and I'm interested in getting more time in with Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood Multiplayer. I'm mainly looking to just have some cool people I can compare my progress with on leaderboards.. I'm not real competitive (or good).. I just want to see what the CAG community is doing, really. I'm always up for a good co-op game as well.. even going back through old games is always fun for me with a cool co-op partner.

So if you're interested in having an old man's score on your leaderboards to make you feel better about yourself go ahead and post your tag on here or send me a request on XBL. My gamertag is SikFlux (on PSN as well, though I rarely turn my ps3 on). If you want to compare more of the kind of games I have or have played recently you can look me up on trueachievements.com.

So yeah.. there's my pathetic anti-socialite challenge, but remember the most important thing... IT'S FOR THE KIDS!!! Oh.. and if anyone is in the same type of situation and just wants some more cool people on their friends list, feel free to glom onto this thread and reach out... if I can bring myself to do it, anyone can.

hey, you did a good deed and i'll add you whether or not you donate. I have tons of xbla games and am looking for people to play online multiplayer xbl games with them but most people just wanna achievement boost (er whatever). I play bioshock 2, cod black ops, halo reach, gears 2, rb the beatles, guitar hero and rock band games.

I'm always down for being friends with a fellow CAG. Much respect for the Child's Play donations man, see you on Autolog :cool:

Looking to boost my friends list as well.

Mid-40's gamer, always get my ass beat by my son at multiplayer :)
We've recently started downloading xbla games with all the good deals.

Gamertag is CSideGamer

Sent a friend request.

I play a lot of xbla. Have pinball FX2. I see you have dance central too, I have some pretty good scores for a white guy.

Sending out some requests. If you want some leaderboards fodder, I'm game. I'm also up for some quick pick up games of whatever. If you see I have the game just send an invite and if I have the time I'll game with you. I'm not a hardcore gamer in the sense that I play game to relax, be entertained, or just have fun. I like having friends score on my leaderboards so I can challenge their scores without it getting rude or nasty like some CoD or Halo matches.

TL;DR Seems like we are similar gamers. FR sent.

I'll send you one when i get home. I'm the same way. My microphone is normally muted if I even have it on but good to still play with others once in awhile. (plus Brotherhood rules)

I sent you one as well. I'm pretty much like you in that I don't use my mic much, but I do like to compare my scores and such with my friends on XBLA games.

My wife and kids share my Live account, so it is not always me, but it's pretty easy to tell when it is me. My wife will usually be the one playing Zuma or Uno. My son and daughter play the kids games. I play the RPGs, Action, Sports, Shooters, etc.

Well, my magic number has been hit and another $50.00 has been donated to Child's Play on behalf of the CAG community! I'd just like to thank everyone again and please feel free to keep sending those friend requests... nothing better than having the awesome people of the CAG world to game with!

bread's done
Back