my thoughts on playstation home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cloudy Wolf

CAGiversary!
as a ps3 owner, I am pleased to see something new that will rectify their lack of online community...however, they failed to elaborate on the features of Home, specifically relevant, and much more importantly, functional features for the gaming community. it left me with very pivotal questions that are going to determine my interest in actually utilizing Home.

a majority of the microtransactions and personalization seems superfluous. why such micromanaging? i'm not one to spend real-life money on virtual community items, save the in-game expansion software (maps, weapons, characters, levels, etc.) and i just can't personalize a virtual apartment, personal space, trophy room, much less my online virtual character appearance, nor do I think most people who own a ps3 would like to either, but that is too subjective a statement...

overall though it is refreshing, but it just seems way too much. i think gamers in general would be more appreciative of a more simplicistic and straightforward user interface. not that home cannot deliver that type of experience, but rather what's shown so far doesn't appear to

granted, the free price tag is nothing to whine about...but it seems more and more that Sony is following the Nintendo and Microsoft path of expanding their consumer demographic to more than just gamers.

A normal Sony fan...

What was wrong with the topic dealing with Playstation Home? You must be "special".

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back