My Three best Deals

L0rd Raiden

CAG Veteran
Hey, I'm Raiden.

Obviously, I'm new here. I have partaken in several videogame forums, and so far, this one is the best. Most of my friends call me Raiden because my last name, when translated into Japanese (I'm a college student taking Japanese as a minor), actually becomes "Raiden". I researched it, and I discovered that Raiden is also the one of the names for the Shinto god of thunder, along with several videogame characters named Raiden. So Raiden (in one form or another) is what I usually use for gaming/internet stuff.

Anyway......

3) When I was 16, I visited my grandmas house one day to say hi, and I left with a huge (2x2x1 foot) box full of an NES, NES games (some complete), dozens of issues of Nintendo Power (including issue #1), and assorted controllers. I always knew she used to play NES a lot when she was a little younger, but I never knew how much. Most of the games were RPG's, and she had little hand-drawn maps everywhere.

2) Again, from my grandma. Last summer, me and my family helped her move out of her house and into assisted living, and one day, my mom brouhgt home a big box, and she said
"here, look inside". To my great surprise, the box had roughly 20 complete atari 2600 and Colecovision games (including Donkey Kong and other well-kmown classics), in impeccable condition, plus a Colecovision and a module that enables it to play Atari 2600 games.

1) At a pawn shop near my house:

SNES

Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest
Final Fantasy 2
Final Fantasy 3

PS1

Alundra (complete)
Persona (complete)
Legend of Legaia (complete)
Beyond the Beyond (complete)

all for 20 bucks.

What are your 3 best finds/deals?

damn man. the persona game you can get 50-100 for it depending on the conidition. Alundra it's self is worth prolly about 20-30. damn man. im jealous.

Nice deals. Over the years my best have been.

1.) Super Mario RPG, $2. Found it at a swapmeet. Sweet find

2.) Limited Edition Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne $5 at pawn shop. Almost pissed on my pants when I found it.

3.) 10 copies of Guitar Hero 3 w/guitar (PS3 and 360 versions) in it's first month of release. $10 each. Wholesaler unloaded a bunch of crap at the swapmeet

Your grandma freakin' rocks. My grandma just played bingo and watched Jim Thome play for the Indians from what I remember.

I can't remember the best VG deal I've gotten, but best deal ever was buying $100 of Target gift cards for $75 and having them send $200 worth several years ago.

Nothing really comes to mind besides finding MvC2 "new" (it was a gut) for PS2 at FYE a couple years ago. $19.99

EDIT: Also found Ikaruga on Gamecube for like $15 at a pawnshop. I think the eBay price dropped now but this was back when it was going for $45-50

I suppose the best one was the friend who game me her SNES and games so her mom'd get off her case about having 3 game systems, which was apparently way too many (I had 5 at the time and said as much.)

Games included Zelda, Mario RPG, E.V.O., Starfox, all the Donkey Kong Countries, and several other less-notable titles (liscensed junk and such.)

I also got an incredible windfall of cheap/free Dreamcast stuff from various folks back when I got it, like Shemue 2, brand-new keyboard, Power Stone, Lodoss War... actually, I think only 3 of my DC games weren't accquired free/dirt cheap.

[quote name='MikeHoncho']2.) Limited Edition Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne $5 at pawn shop. Almost pissed on my pants when I found it.[/quote]

why were your pants off? ;)

The 3 best that I can think of would have to be:

1) Spider-Man: Web of Fire Complete at Pre-Played in Mint condition for $2

2) Suikoden II from my buddy for $5

3) FFVII in Perfect condition black label at Goodwill for $3

[quote name='Mako1215']damn man. the persona game you can get 50-100 for it depending on the conidition. Alundra it's self is worth prolly about 20-30. damn man. im jealous.[/quote]

Alundra is worth $20-30 you say? But that's complete and mint, right? I ask because I just sold a fellow local CAG my disc only copy of GS that I got in beat to hell condition for $5 along with two other games(Treasures Of The Deep and one other).

I couldn't stand Alundra personally. I tried it, disliked it, but I knew it was probably worth a couple bucks. But I think I only paid $1.20 for it during Gamestop's 75% off clearance of PS1 and older stuff, so I still made money. lol

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Alundra is worth $20-30 you say? But that's complete and mint, right? I ask because I just sold a fellow local CAG my disc only copy of GS that I got in beat to hell condition for $5 along with two other games(Treasures Of The Deep and one other).

I couldn't stand Alundra personally. I tried it, disliked it, but I knew it was probably worth a couple bucks. But I think I only paid $1.20 for it during Gamestop's 75% off clearance of PS1 and older stuff, so I still made money. lol[/quote]

Yes Alundra complete. Not disc only.

[quote name='L0rd Raiden']Hey, I'm Raiden.

Obviously, I'm new here. I have partaken in several videogame forums, and so far, this one is the best. Most of my friends call me Raiden because my last name, when translated into Japanese (I'm a college student taking Japanese as a minor), actually becomes "Raiden". I researched it, and I discovered that Raiden is also the one of the names for the Shinto god of thunder, along with several videogame characters named Raiden. So Raiden (in one form or another) is what I usually use for gaming/internet stuff.

Anyway......

3) When I was 16, I visited my grandmas house one day to say hi, and I left with a huge (2x2x1 foot) box full of an NES, NES games (some complete), dozens of issues of Nintendo Power (including issue #1), and assorted controllers. I always knew she used to play NES a lot when she was a little younger, but I never knew how much. Most of the games were RPG's, and she had little hand-drawn maps everywhere.

2) Again, from my grandma. Last summer, me and my family helped her move out of her house and into assisted living, and one day, my mom brouhgt home a big box, and she said
"here, look inside". To my great surprise, the box had roughly 20 complete atari 2600 and Colecovision games (including Donkey Kong and other well-kmown classics), in impeccable condition, plus a Colecovision and a module that enables it to play Atari 2600 games.

1) At a pawn shop near my house:

SNES

Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest
Final Fantasy 2
Final Fantasy 3

PS1

Alundra (complete)
Persona (complete)
Legend of Legaia (complete)
Beyond the Beyond (complete)

all for 20 bucks.

What are your 3 best finds/deals?[/quote]

lol

I forgot one very good deal. Earthbound from some kid who lives near me for 10 bucks :bouncy:

1. FFVII Greatest Hits Excellent condition - $0.75

2. Huge box (about 50 games, 10-15 controllers, 2 atari 2600 systems) for $8

3. Gamestop giving me about 80 guides for free when I went gameboy game hunting at their store :)

[quote name='andrewfour20']The 3 best that I can think of would have to be:

1) Spider-Man: Web of Fire Complete at Pre-Played in Mint condition for $2

2) Suikoden II from my buddy for $5

3) FFVII in Perfect condition black label at Goodwill for $3[/QUOTE]

I hope you told your buddy that Suikoden II is worth more than 5. I'd think he be pissed if he finds out it is worth a lot more. hehe

[quote name='dinobot']I hope you told your buddy that Suikoden II is worth more than 5. I'd think he be pissed if he finds out it is worth a lot more. hehe[/quote]

My buddy gave me two copies of FFVII even after I told him they were worth a good amount. He's an awesome dude. That's why I got him a Wii.

Best deal of my life was when my friend sold me his entire gaming collection for 25$. This was several years ago and the boxes were heavy and I could barely lift them. I had to tell my parents he gave it to me for free so I would be allowed to bring it home. It included a SNES with several boxed games (good games like mario), several atari systems with over 100 games, a toploader NES complete in box, a super scope complete in box, NES systems, Intellivision II system with games, mario paint complete with mousepad and mouse, and loads of controllers. I also got a few of the coleco tabletop games.

He didn't really care what the stuff was worth just wanted to get rid of it because no one was using it (just so people don't think I ripped off a friend). In fact he was happy that he gave me good stuff and that I was making good use of it.

Next best deal was a very mint and complete copy of dragon force for the sega saturn for 50 cents at a yard sale. There were some creases in the manual and stuff but the disc looks like it was never even played. They had other Saturn games so I just swapped out the Dragon Force cover for a better one from one of the other games. I also got Mr. Bones for the Saturn at the same yard sale for 50 cents.

I guess the next one would be the watermelon red Nintendo 64 my friend picked up for me for a measly 10$ from another yard sale. It came with 3 controllers and memory cards so that only added to it. I also REALLY wanted the watermelon red N64 since I love things that are clear red in color, so for once I actually got something I really, really wanted from a yard sale. Considering the value of good Nintendo 64 controllers these days its good to pick them up whenever you see them. The colored N64's also have pretty good value on ebay especially around Xmas time. But there have been many deals that are about equal to this one.

I got 13 unique guides for some doubles of mostly shit guides from a local shop:

Guides I got:

Fade To Black(PS1/PC guide)
Fear Effect(PS1 guide)
Fear Effect: Retro Helix(PS1 guide)
Mercenaries(PS2/Xbox guide)
Duke Nukem: Time To Kill(PS1 guide)
Freedom Fighters(PS2/Xbox guide)
Psi-Ops(PS2/Xbox guide)
Ape Escape 2(PS2 guide)
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas(PS2 version)
Secret Weapons Over Normandy(PS2/Xbox)
Syphon Filter 2(PS1)
Syphon Filter 3(PS1)

Guides I traded to his shop:

Bourne Conspiracy x4
Bully Scholarship Edition x2
Quake Wars x2
God Of War: Chains Of Olympus x4
Incredible Hulk x2
Iron Man x2
Legend Of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass Collectors x2
Orange Box x4

In other words, I traded the shop a mostly big, steaming pile of crap for 13 unique and older guides. The clerk ended up keeping the two Phantom Hourglass guides and a copy of the Zone Of The Enders: Second Runner guide I also stashed last time I was there. I didn't care though, since I let him have the ZOE2 guide, since I figured that'd make him wanna do the lopsided deal I offered.

I also snagged a sealed copy of the GTA IV Special Edition from a local Blockbuster for $31.79 total tonight. I paid $95 and change last April for it on release day.

[quote name='allyourblood']why were your pants off? ;)[/quote]

You always piss on your pants whether you're wearing them or not. :]

bread's done
Back