My top 10 of the year

7thton

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
Here is my top 10 video games of 2009. I'd be interested to see other people's lists as well.

1. Uncharted 2

The perfect mix of gameplay, story, sound, and voice acting. It's like playing a really good Indiana Jones type film.

2. Resident Evil 5

Less a horror game these days, it still retains a spooky atmosphere. The graphics are amazing, the game play is great, and inventory management is really streamlined. The co-op experience is awesome.....probably the best co-op game I have ever played.

3. Modern Warfare 2

The campaign is short and sweet. Controls are tight, the guns add variety, the story is good enough.

4. Batman: Arkham Asylum

Great atmosphere and the game play mechanics are a nix mix of old school and stealthy new school. Arkham is fun to explore and the characters are used well. Voice acting a top notch.

5. Shadow Complex

2D action-platforming at it's best. Exploring the world is addicting and the level up system is well thought out.

6. New Super Mario Brothers Wii

More of a classic. But why is it so hard?

7. FEAR 2: Project Origin

Solid first shooter controls with a very creepy environment. The time slowing ability is fun and necessary to survive.

8. Wolfenstein

Solid FPS with some nice original touches. The level up system for the weapons is cool and the special abilities remind me a bit of the plasmids from Bioshock.

9. Left 4 Dead 2

Not much different from L4D 1, but great co-op nonetheless.

10. Henry Hatsworth

This DS game may not be on your radar, but it is really very original and a lot of fun. How original is it? It blends a platformer and a puzzle game together....and you play both simultaneously.

[quote name='7thton']Funny, this post is really nothing different than this post:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=246574

...but no one thread craped it.

Isn't this the forum to talk about "video games in general"?[/QUOTE]

Yes, but there are already several threads dedicated to top games of the year (including the one you linked), I'd suggest just posting your list in one of those. I think people are threadcrapping you (rightly or wrongly) because you thought your list needed its own thread.

[quote name='7thton']

Isn't this the forum to talk about "video games in general"?[/QUOTE]

No, it's not. General Gaming and Industry NEWS. Not just to talk about whatever it is you want to talk about. This forum is really supposed to be about gaming or industry news, general announcements, etc.

[quote name='mtxbass1']No, it's not. General Gaming and Industry NEWS. Not just to talk about whatever it is you want to talk about. This forum is really supposed to be about gaming or industry news, general announcements, etc.[/QUOTE]

I think that ship has probably sailed. :D

bread's done
Back