My TRU find this afternoon...

STATIC3D

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I picked up my oldest son after school today and took him by Toys R Us to find out what he wants on his Christmas list. While there, I headed over to the video game area (of course) to see what they had on sale. One bin was still riddled with copies of Constantine for the XBOX @ $6.98 (which had been cheaper when they had a 20% off sale a while back...lol). Anywho, not too much was on sale that I was interested in.

I saw several boxes of Intec XBOX Wireless AV Selectors. They allow for 4 decives to be connected, have one a drawer for game discs and another for memory cards and the system's remote. It's shaped like an XBOX and is designed with a lip so an XBOX can sit directly on top. None of the boxes had a price, nor, was there any price on the shelf. I thought I remembered seeing them for around $20 to $30 back when. I took one up to the counter and asked the guy if he could find out how much it was. He scanned it in the computer and said "$2.80".

Needless to say, I snagged the 6 they had left for under $20 total. :}

[quote name='mer71']Why do you have 6 Xbox systems?[/quote]

maybe he lives in a fatass house with a bunch of TVs and has them all XBMC'd and networked. i have only one, but i plan on buying a second. owning six doesn't seem unreasonable to me, as long as you use them all.

Good luck with those AV selectors. I picked one up when it was $6. The thing burned out on me after two days. POS Intec merchandise.

yeah, intec's are a piece of trash...it's like playing the lotto when buying their products. Sometimes they work, and somtimes they dont

We have 2 XBOX's (actually 3 if you count the broken one my Dad picked up for free off CL and gave to me...lol). I'm probably gonna use 2 of the system selectors (1 for each XBOX), see if my Dad wants one for his game stuff (he plays games with our boys when they visit him and Grandma). I've got a group of XBOX games I need to ebay and will put one of them in with that stuff. The other 2 I'll probably use as trade material or sell off on ebay cheap.

I've never purchased any Intec stuff before. I know their racing wheels seem sorta cheap feeling (which is why I use MadCatz MC2 wheels for my XBOX as well as Dreamcast). I figured for $2.80 each, even if the thing was a POS, I could maybe sell them at a garage sale cheap and still make a couple of bucks.

I'll have to see how long mine lasts. Perhaps I'll store one away as a backup in case one I'm using dies...lol.

[quote name='mer71']Why do you have 6 Xbox systems?[/QUOTE]

Oh no! You have brought immeasurable suffering upon the world by denying others of this awesome AV selector. You shall burn in hoarder hell for all eternity.

[quote name='mer71']Why do you have 6 Xbox systems?[/QUOTE]

rofl, for some reason this made me laugh. Good luck with those AV selectors, sounds like they arn't the best

[quote name='Zing']Oh no! You have brought immeasurable suffering upon the world by denying others of this awesome AV selector. You shall burn in hoarder hell for all eternity.[/QUOTE]

Burn in hoarder hell? For an item that was sitting on the shelf so long that TRU dropped the price from $20 or $30 to $2.80? OMG, I better take them back and get a refund so as not to doom my soul...hehe.

I used to be a collector of comics and sci-fi/horror film stuff back in the day. However, I got burned out on it when companies started marketing things AS collector's items. Things should BECOME collectible over time due to rarity/neatness/etc. Anywho, the last thing I was actually collecting (or just trying to finish out) was the last 2 Doomtrooper CCG cards I needed for the entire English set. And, thanks to the internet, I ran across a guy in Poland that was also looking for some cards. We've traded and helped each other complete out collections. :}

I was a TRU today and got .....
Warriors (XBOX) - $10.50
Castlevania (XBOX) - $7.00
Phathom Dust (XBOX) - $3.50
James Bond: FRWL (XBOX) - $7.00

bread's done
Back