Not open for further replies.

Kayden

Banned
Onimusha 2 nonGH $2
Okagi $3
Zelda Windwalker book $1
Soul Calibur 2 book $1
Intec PS2 sound system $8

It may not sound impressive, but this is what I kept.
What I bought gave me three+ feet in receipts.
~10 copys of Primal for $1.50
~10 copies of Terminator $4
~5 copies Back Yard Wrestling $2
~15 copies of Savage Skies $1
And a lot of other crap games

I was thinking, "great, with these games I'll get about $200 in credit for only spending 100."

As I was going to EB in the mall across from TRU I saw an FYE.
I figured what the hell... I brought in 6 games and they rang up to be about 40 some dollars! I payed 10!! I asked the manager if they had any kind of limits or restritions, and he said no, we take anything (except demos). I brough in two LARGE bags full and walked out with a PSP pre-order and $450 in store credit.
:bouncy: :booty: :bouncy:
:booty: :bouncy: :booty:
:bouncy: :booty: :bouncy:

TRU Price = $1,750
after discount = $175
FYE Credit = 450 even
PSP Pre-Order = $25
Total spent today = -$250

Not a bad day...

[quote name='Scorch']

Take it to fatwallat, you hoarding bastard[/quote]

I didnt keep them, I returned them to the public.

[quote name='Scorch']

Seconded

So you wouldn't have bought the games then?

How is this any different than taking them to EB? Atleast this way I got a decent return.

[quote name='Kayden'][quote name='Scorch']

I didnt keep them, I returned them to the public.[/quote]

The "public" won't have a chance to buy them for $1.50 like you. Do you really think FW people keep them. They take them to ebay and sell them. Whats the difference between them and you?

[quote name='Scorch']

Thirded... or something. Even though you put them back on the market no one is going to be able to get them for what you paid.

[quote name='zewone'][quote name='Kayden'][quote name='Scorch']

The "public" won't have a chance to buy them for $1.50 like you. Do you really think FW people keep them. They take them to ebay and sell them. Whats the difference between them and you?[/quote]

I'm not selling them for retail and gouging for shipping.

They had all those copies after all this time... if they were going to sell, dont you think the would have before?

Would you have a problem if I bought 2 of 15 different games instead of 15 of 2?

[quote name='Kayden'][quote name='zewone'][quote name='Kayden'][quote name='Scorch']

The "public" won't have a chance to buy them for $1.50 like you. Do you really think FW people keep them. They take them to ebay and sell them. Whats the difference between them and you?[/quote]

I'm not selling them for retail and gouging for shipping.[/quote]

No, but I think you're missing the point.

[quote name='Kayden']They had all those copies after all this time... if they were going to sell, dont you think the would have before?

Would you have a problem if I bought 2 of 15 different games instead of 15 of 2?[/quote]

No, they're just now 90% off. Yes, it would have been much better to buy 2 of 15 different games.

[quote name='Zman310'][quote name='Kayden'][quote name='zewone'][quote name='Kayden'][quote name='Scorch']

No, but I think you're missing the point.[/quote]

Obviously I am... From what I gathered, the big deal about the TRU deal was to buy them cheap and bring them to EB for the $10 bonus credit. And I'm being ostricized for bringing them somewhere else for a better deal? So what if they were all the same game. Whos going to miss that crap ass Terminator game?

[quote name='Kayden']They had all those copies after all this time... if they were going to sell, dont you think the would have before?

Would you have a problem if I bought 2 of 15 different games instead of 15 of 2?[/quote]

I don't think they would have necessarily sold before, I would have bought a copy of Primal at 90% if I had found one, but probably not at 70%. And as far as getting 2 of 15 games, I think that would much more acceptable since you would be letting other people have a chance at buying some of those games while still doing well for yourself. It's not that we're mad you got a bunch of credit, we CAGs don't like it when you hoard all of the games from a sale to do so.

I seem to remember you saying you lived in the Twin Cities earlier, am I correct? If so, I could have possibly gone to one of the TRUs you drained. If so, thanks for taking all the Primals, jackass.

[quote name='Kayden'][quote name='Zman310'][quote name='Kayden'][quote name='zewone'][quote name='Kayden'][quote name='Scorch']

Obviously I am... From what I gathered, the big deal about the TRU deal was to buy them cheap and bring them to EB for the $10 bonus credit. And I'm being ostricized for bringing them somewhere else for a better deal? So what if they were all the same game. Whos going to miss that crap ass Terminator game?[/quote]

Somebody that wanted to play it.

the point is that you didn't give any other CAG members that may be in your area, a chance to join you in the deal!!!!

It wouldn't have sold before, since today is the first day where the green tags were give 90% off. I didn't buy mad maestro when they were $3 (70% off) but I did buy it today when it was $1.

As a general rule, everybody expects there to be people to take advantage of these kind of deals. Hoard, sell, and make money. What no one likes is to read about it on a forum designed to help each other find cheap games to play. You will ALWAYS be flamed for boasting about making money off of deals to the level you aspired. We all buy an extra game or two at times, to keep a sealed copy, give it to a friend, trade it in at EB, whatever. But what you did is clean out a toys r us, meaning other CAGs will go into that toysrus after you and waste time and gas.

some people here have a problem with hoarding games...I personally don't have a problem with it, but I don't do it either...but other seem to get upset when you buy a ton of copies of cheap on sale games...I don't understand what the problem is, as numerous members buy 2 copies of a game, in order to either trade or get credit....to me either way is taking it out of the hands of someone else that wanted it at that price...but either way, it is looked upon unfavorably when one buys a bunch of 1 game that is on sale

[quote name='Kayden'][quote name='Zman310'][quote name='Kayden'][quote name='zewone'][quote name='Kayden'][quote name='Scorch']

Obviously I am... From what I gathered, the big deal about the TRU deal was to buy them cheap and bring them to EB for the $10 bonus credit. And I'm being ostricized for bringing them somewhere else for a better deal? So what if they were all the same game. Whos going to miss that crap ass Terminator game?[/quote]

You're still missing the point. You're not being ostricized for bringing them somwhere else for a better deal, you're being ostricized for HOARDING. And, you're stupid for posting this, you should know that CAG frowns on
hoarders.

Actually, I applaud him . . . he's helping to run FYE out of business.

Nobody cares about these games . . . I agree that hoarding sucks . . . but no one wants these games.

FYE is soooo out-of-touch with reality.

How did you find a TRU with this much stuff? All of the ones I've been to in the last two months (4 of them) had squat.

I left a lot of games, I just grabbed the ones I wanted to trade at FYE. What isn't considered hoarding? 2? 4?

If there were only two left and I bought both, would that be bad?

I only went to two of the 4-5 near me. I didn't grab everything I could.

[quote name='schultzed']Actually, I applaud him . . . he's helping to run FYE out of business.

Nobody cares about these games . . . I agree that hoarding sucks . . . but no one wants these games.

FYE is soooo out-of-touch with reality.

How did you find a TRU with this much stuff? All of the ones I've been to in the last two months (4 of them) had squat.[/quote]

I guess not many people go to the Burnsville TRU... but you cant really be surprised... who would buy Terminator or Primal?

I'd like to believe that CAG was built upon the notion that we are a community of gamers who want to find games for cheap, and then help eachother out on getting those deals. Who did you help by doing what you did? Yourself.

CAG doesn't work when people are selfish. Why tell anybody else about a good deal if you first discover it? Why not just buy everything for yourself and get 12 PSPs?

You're selfish, and THAT'S the problem.

Another thing, its not like I got up at the crack of dawn and was beating the door down at opening. I didn't roll out of bed until 11:30. I got to the first TRU and noon and it was 1-1:30 before I got to the second. Then I went to FYE with my first batch (very small 1-2 of each game) I found out how great their deals were and went and got the rest. When I finally got back to get the rest it was about 3pm... So anyone really anxious to get in on this deal had plenty of time before I came.

[quote name='evilmax17']I'd like to believe that CAG was built upon the notion that we are a community of gamers who want to find games for cheap, and then help eachother out on getting those deals. Who did you help by doing what you did? Yourself.

CAG doesn't work when people are selfish. Why tell anybody else about a good deal if you first discover it? Why not just buy everything for yourself and get 12 PSPs?

You're selfish, and THAT'S the problem.[/quote]

I'd share any deal I found, its just that I don't go out without a reason that often, so I don't find them.

Its not like I went to every TRU on the planet. I didn't even go to half in my area! Also, I seldom get in on any of these deals, so I compensated on this one.

[quote name='opportunity777']I like to play with myself. 2 more hours until I can leave work :p[/quote]

:shock: :shock: :shock:
What does that have to do with TRU?

:lol:

[quote name='Kayden']I left a lot of games, I just grabbed the ones I wanted to trade at FYE. What isn't considered hoarding? 2? 4?

If there were only two left and I bought both, would that be bad?

I only went to two of the 4-5 near me. I didn't grab everything I could.[/quote]

It's very simple if you don't want to be known as a hoarder don't post this kind of shit here. I know several other posters who also do this type of stuff but they are intelligent enough to not brag about it here.

I found an Xbox Exhibition Vol. 2. $0.50.

I bought about $175 worth of games; mostly one copy each of some PSOne games I wanted but didn't have. EDIT to specify that I paid ~$18 for these games; I didn't buy $175 for $1750 worth of individual titles at 90% off...oh no.

I wash being selfish by shopping for myself and myself alone, yet I wasn't about to ruin everyone else's fun by hoarding.

know your CAG, man.

myke.

Most of them are pissed because you most likely found out about the deal here, but didn't feel like letting anybody else have a chance at the deal. Its the people like you that didn't let me or other people get in on the deal, because you went and hoarded everything right when the doors opened. I'm almost %100 sure that if you had done what you did a week later, or a even a few days, nobody would have had a problem. That would've given anybody else sufficient time to buy what they had wanted, and you could have bought whatever was left.

[quote name='Kayden']

*cough*shameless plug*cough* :p :lol:[/quote]

Actually, I was trying to help you . . . I bought Primal a full year ago for $10 . . . if any CAGer wants it, they could have gotten one by now.

Alright Kayden, you didn't go to the same TRU as me (opposite end of the metro area, in fact), so it's not your fault they didn't have any Primals. I apoligize for calling you a jackass (even though I was only calling you a jackass hypothetically).

And on a related note, why is it that most CAGs from the Twin Cities who post here always talk about St. Paul or the south metro? Come on, where are the northern metro CAGs? I know you're out there.

CAG frowns upon the practice of hoarding games for profit, and in this community, boasting about it is considered "bad form" and "trolling". Please refrain from doing this in the future. Thank you.

The preceding message was brought to you by CheapyD and the Cheap Ass Moderators

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back