My tv hates me.

anadune

CAGiversary!
Not 2 hours ago, I was telling my fiance that I just realized that we'd had our nice tv for about 7 months (I don't generally keep track of this stuff) and I was amazed at the lack of trouble we've had with it.

Guess what? My 6 month old Samsung 30" HD CRT tube just kicked me square in the nuts. I'm sitting here playing Elebits and the screen goes all purple and wavy and then bam! no more picture. I sat there thinking for a bit: man, I didn't know that Elebits was supposed to fuck with you like Eternal Darkness did on the Gamecube. :whistle2:s

That is about the time that I went, uh crap. So I unplug the set, plug it in again and try to power it on. No go. Well maybe its my power strip. Then I try a new outlet, new strip, still no go. No picture, no sound, no power.

So now I have to go in search of my receipt to make sure that I can't take it back to the store I bought it at (Video Only for those of you in the Northwest). So I tear apart my storage area looking for it, and then find it in a file box. Nope can't take it back there, they have a 30 day return policy. This is what I figured, never even held out hope to take it back there. Now for the process of trying to get it serviced by Samsung.

Samsung's website is really a piece of shit. I go there and fill out the model and S/N form they have, and put in all my requisite information. I even take the opportunity to upload a scan of my receipt to expedite the process of getting it serviced. Oh wait, I messed something up when I submitted the form? Ok, I'll fix it and now, thanks to Samsung's website, I can't submit the form again. Refresh and do it again. Oh screwed something up again. Rinse and repeat (about 20 minutes of this and me getting more and more frustrated at my own stupidity). :whistle2:x Now I finally make sure everything is correct, and Samsung's site won't even let me push the submit button! Gah! Now it dawns on me that their site and Firefox don't like each other. Maybe Firefox did some mean, bad things to the site in the past, I dunno. Luckily (or not so) I have IE on my laptop, so I do the process again.

Now I have to do a troubleshooting checklist or face a 55 dollar penalty if I skip it. So I say, sure, what the hell? I don't want to pay 55 extra dollars to have them fix this. I jump through the fucking hoops, and find out that, yeah my tv needs to be serviced. Huh, I didn't realize. Now I press the little button that says: create service request. Done! Oops, it just refreshed the page and didn't move me forward in the process! :bomb: Son of a bitch! Now I have to call them tomorrow and do it by phone. Ugh.

[quote name='jlarlee']That sucks man, Makes me glad I got a 4 year replacement plan for the tv i just got[/QUOTE]

Yeah. I probably should have gotten one, but I have a good friend who worked in a high quality A/V store who advised against getting it. Claimed that the A/V places just make serious $$ on them. Oh well. Live and learn, and am happy that it happened now instead of in August which would have put it out of date for service from Samsung.

Just saw also that they may not need me to send in my tv (thank goodness, fucker is way too heavy to ship) since there is a possibility of them sending a in house repair guy to look at it.

bread's done
Back