My VERY Busy Cheap Ass Day!

Romeo104K

CAG Veteran
So today I finally had the day off from work, and I decided to go videogame hunting. I should also mention that all of this was possible because I just got paid yesterday.

Gamestop:
I go to my neighborhood Gamestop and check up on my account, turns out I have $80 in credit so i buy:
Special Edition of Resident Evil 4: 65
By luck I run across a complete though slightly scratched copy of:
Marvel vs. Capcom 2 PS2: 16 (they price matched the online price)
Lastly I found several games I have been looking for:
Shinobi (Complete and Mint): 15
Panzer Dragoon Orta (Complete and mint): 13
Collectors Edition Zelda Majoras mask (Complete and Mint): 10
Perfect Dark (Complete and Mint): 5
Metal Gear Solid 2 Substance: (Complete and Mint): 5.98
The clerk rang up MGS2 as the regular Sons of Liberty price for me since I frequent the place.
E3 Total Access DVD: 5
Total: 55 out of pocket

FYE:
Gaunlet Dark Legacy PS2 (Sealed): 10
Gum: 1
Total: 11

EBGames:
30 in credit in my account and I happened to find Marvel vs. Capcom 2 for XBOX
Marvel vs. Capcom 2 (Complete and Mint): 45
Total: 15 out of pocket.

COMPUSA:
Eternal Darkness (Sealed): 10
Total: 10

Circuit City:
Bauldurs gate Dark Alliance: 5
C-12 PS1: 4
Total: 9

Sam Goody:
Morrowind GOTY Edition: 10

Best Buy:
I found about 40 gamer Gift Cards that lasted until 12/05 so I grabbed 6 and 4 XBOX specific Giftcards;
10 Gift Cards: 10

Toys R Us:
Due to my lateness in arriving for their Green tag Sale almost everything was gone, though I did get:
Carrier DC: 1
KISS Psycho Circus DC: 1
Wetrix DC: 1
Crash Bash PS1: 2
DC Sports Pack: 1
Total: 6

Wal-Mart:
Finally to my greatest find of the day. I was looking through the locked doors of the videogame cases when I spotted a title that began with R. I thought there was no way I saw what I saw so I got a clerk to unlock the door and grab me the game. Turns out it was a sealed copy of REZ for the PS2. The greatest part was that it was only 19.82!! :shock: So i snatched that and went home to cherish my spoils of the day.
Rez: 20
Total: 20

So todays haul came out to be about $146.00. :D So what do you guys think, did I do good?

BTW: none of these games were bought to be hoarded and sold on EBAY, I bought them for my own personal use and collection. Best Buy had about 40 more GGC's so PM if anyone in Houston wants any.

Also, I have pictures but I am not quite sure how to add them. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, and have a Cheap Ass Day.

i have some problems with your gamestop adventure.

gamestop doesnt have accounts, also, they dont price match their online store. and why would he subtract something from his inventory that hes not giving away just because you frequent the place?

Nice find on Rez. My Wal-Mart still has MvsC2 on XBox sealed. On the reply screen, just follow the pic upload instructions.

[quote name='alongx'][quote name='RiCeBo1']What is Rez? :p[/quote]

Overrated.[/quote]

lol. true. not that fun to play, but fun to have.

Great find with Rez. I once found a copy of Suikoden 2 at a Wal-Mart not much more than a year and a half ago. It seems Wal-Mart seems to house the sporadic rare game every once in a while.

Some good finds mixed in there.

The special edition of RE4 is $65? Brings back (bad) memories of the N64 days.

You definately did an awesome job with all of that except for ONE game. Perfect Dark for $5?!? I bought one BRAND NEW for $1 and can get another 10 at $1 each....

Nice find on REZ, which is not overrated. And the gum, which is often chewy and delicious.

Thanks guys!! Oh and Metal Gear Solid Substance was on PS2, and Perfect Dark, well... I wanted it and all the TRU's in the area are sold out, so I went with what i had.

[quote name='Romeo104K']Thanks guys!! Oh and Metal Gear Solid Substance was on PS2, and Perfect Dark, well... I wanted it and all the TRU's in the area are sold out, so I went with what i had.[/quote]

That is a great deal for the PS2 version. I picked up MGS2: Substance for the Xbox for $10 at Kmart back in December.

Wow! That was some serious game hunting! I can appreciate what kind of day you had. I've done this a few times myself. Its tiring and even frustrating at times. The real reward is when you finally get home and go thru all of the bags to see what you scored. That's when it becomes worth the effort. Great haul! Contrats.

BTW - Rez is far from overrated. It has awesome gameplay, graphics, music and is totally original. Don't ever sell it or you'll regret it. I've made some terrible trade-in mistakes over the years. Luckily Rez was not one of them. I've been slowly recovering the games I should never had traded. My hunt continues to this day, lol.

They were the 19.99 ones and they dont expire till 12/05. They're located at the Best Buy on Highway 6 and Westheimer. Also to all the people who are questioning the MGS2 price, the price was mislabeled. It had the price of the regular MGS2, and I mentioned it, but the guy let me have it for that price anyways.

[quote name='Romeo104K']They were the 19.99 ones and they dont expire till 12/05. They're located at the Best Buy on Highway 6 and Westheimer. Also to all the people who are questioning the MGS2 price, the price was mislabeled. It had the price of the regular MGS2, and I mentioned it, but the guy let me have it for that price anyways.[/quote]
That's state law, it would've been illegal for him not too.

Though Bubbilicious is indeed worthy of the suffix "licious", the excess sugar makes it a treat to be consumed in small portions. For your dentist's sake, I hope that entire pack was not chewed at once.

/doesn't actually care

bread's done
Back