My Very First CAG Deal Post!!!: Xbox360 premium $360AC+Tx at CC B&M, YMMV

minmao

CAGiversary!
What you need to save 40 bucks:

1. Good luck (to find a nearby CC has 360 in stock) -at least 3 stores have them today around new york city.

Check it here:
http://www.circuitcity.com/ccd/prod...FEED->PRODUCTS&cm_ite=1 PRODUCT&cm_keycode=57

2. An CC 10% off coupon came with CC rebate check.

I believe CC's rebate center include this coupon with every rebate check, since the both CC rebate checks I received recently came with this coupon. And this coupon DOES NOT EXCLUDE video game hardware!!! (Both of mine require >$199 and expire by March)

So actually, this coupon works also on a core system or a PSP--but who cares.

Good luck and happy hunting. I just got mine today for ~$388 out of the door. (Too bad I have to drive to New York and pay NY tax--I live in NJ.)

And hope you guys like my first deal post here.

I'm sure it was just a copy and paste thing, but you had a FW redirect in your OP, I removed that.

You should also credit your source (which I assume is FW in this case.)

Wow, there's a 360 in stock 30 seconds down the road. If it's still there when there's a price drop, I might look into it ;)

By the time there's a 360 price drop, they'll have 100 in stock at every store. That probably won't happen until summer.

[quote name='Rictor']By the time there's a 360 price drop, they'll have 100 in stock at every store. That probably won't happen until summer.[/QUOTE]

summer of 2008 maybe, i mean the price drop

[quote name='wubb']I'm sure it was just a copy and paste thing, but you had a FW redirect in your OP, I removed that.

You should also credit your source (which I assume is FW in this case.)[/QUOTE]

The inventory check link is copied from FW.
but the deal is my own experience, not from FW.

[quote name='mackaikai']summer of 2008 maybe, i mean the price drop[/QUOTE]

Naa, I think they'll have a minor price drop...like $50...around the time of the PS3 or Revolution launch, but only if sales have started to slow down. They'll want the Xbox to look like a better deal than the PS3. Of course, if the PS3 doesn't come out until Christmas, I'd say we'll definitely see some nice Xbox 360 sales this holiday, especially on bundles, since the PS3 will be the hot holiday gift this year and Xboxes will be sitting on the shelves.

[quote name='Rictor']Naa, I think they'll have a minor price drop...like $50...around the time of the PS3 or Revolution launch, but only if sales have started to slow down. They'll want the Xbox to look like a better deal than the PS3. Of course, if the PS3 doesn't come out until Christmas, I'd say we'll definitely see some nice Xbox 360 sales this holiday, especially on bundles, since the PS3 will be the hot holiday gift this year and Xboxes will be sitting on the shelves.[/QUOTE]

If the PS3 doesn't come out until Christmas? That sucker will be lucky to be in stores by Christmas. I think the 360 is locked at $400 for quite awhile.

[quote name='AlanSaysYo']If the PS3 doesn't come out until Christmas? That sucker will be lucky to be in stores by Christmas. I think the 360 is locked at $400 for quite awhile.[/QUOTE]
There's no question PS3 will be out in 2006.

Merrill Lynch predicted back a month or so ago, the 360 premium SKU, "will" drop to $300 right before Christmas 2006, "if" PS3 launches by November 2006 in the US.

Let's hope their correct. Simply, IMO, anything over $330 after tax is to much, unless it's the PS3, and that's if the graphics look better than the 360's by x 1.5.

[quote name='JasonTerminator']but I don't really need an Xbox 360 right now.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I still haven't seen anything that impressive on the Xbox 360. I'll probably wait for more good games to be out and prices to be down before I buy a new console.

[quote name='retail sucks']Merrill Lynch predicted back a month or so ago, the 360 premium SKU, "will" drop to $300 right before Christmas 2006, "if" PS3 launches by November 2006 in the US.

Let's hope their correct. Simply, IMO, anything over $330 after tax is to much, unless it's the PS3, and that's if the graphics look better than the 360's by x 1.5.[/QUOTE]

So are you saying you'll be buying a new console in about 2-3 years, once the then new consoles start to come out? Wow

I predict that MS won't lower the price. They'll probably make a bundle like add a game, but the price will stay at $400.

And I don't think waiting 2 years before getting it would be that bad. Especially for the PS3, because Sony's kind of betting it all with the PS3 and I would be surprised if they launched another system within 5 years. Microsoft may but I think everyone will try to stretch out the lifespan of the next gen.

Maybe now I can become an analyst for Merrill Lynch seeing as how that guy was just stating his opinion. Why do people even bother reading what they think about the game market?

Looks like I'm not the first to think of the X360 on using this CC coupon I got with a rebate a while ago. Unfortunately, my coupon expires on the 31st, same as my BB accessories coupon, and I have no funds to throw down on an X360. :cry: I guess I can still grab a wireless controller from BB for $40, and then hope I get another CC rebate coupon at another time. Of all the times to be low on funds...

[quote name='craven_fiend']So are you saying you'll be buying a new console in about 2-3 years, once the then new consoles start to come out? Wow[/QUOTE]

Aren't we supposed to be cheapasses? I don't see how you could do it any other way.

I'm a cheapass and hope to only spend $199 on the next gen. I may end up only getting the Revolution for quite awhile.

I paid:
$199 GC
$179 Xbox with Tetris / Star Wars
$149 PSTwo w XMen Legends 2

I have a feeling that I may have to up it to $299 since the next gen is starting $100 higher. I guess we will see how fast these drop.

[quote name='RacinReaver']Aren't we supposed to be cheapasses? I don't see how you could do it any other way.[/QUOTE]

Ahh, but there are ways, assuming you can get good trade-in values for cheap games. :rofl:

Cheapasses when it comes to getting the games for the systems, the systems can be purchased for around retail. Even the head cheapass has a 360.

[quote name='craven_fiend']Ahh, but there are ways, assuming you can get good trade-in values for cheap games. :rofl:

Cheapasses when it comes to getting the games for the systems, the systems can be purchased for around retail. Even the head cheapass has a 360.[/QUOTE]
Well, since Mrs. CheapyD is the one working for a living, I think it might be more accurate to say that she has a 360. Cheapy just plays it.

[quote name='AlanSaysYo']I think the 360 is locked at $400 for quite awhile.[/QUOTE]

No way in hell. They'll drop the premium to at least 350 by next Xmas, if not sooner (summer). It's what always happens to any system that's not number one.

[quote name='RacinReaver']Aren't we supposed to be cheapasses? I don't see how you could do it any other way.[/QUOTE]

Wonder if we'll ever see the trade-in deals for next gen systems like I used to get my xbox, ps2 & GC? It was sweet to trade in an old complete system, and get $100 off.

I only had to pay:
PS2 - $99 + Dreamcast
GC - $79 + ps1
Xbox - $99 + ps1

[quote name='Romis']Wonder if we'll ever see the trade-in deals for next gen systems like I used to get my xbox, ps2 & GC? It was sweet to trade in an old complete system, and get $100 off.

I only had to pay:
PS2 - $99 + Dreamcast
GC - $79 + ps1
Xbox - $99 + ps1[/QUOTE]

Man, I sure hope so. I traded in my PS1 and ten games that I didn't use any more for $100 off of a PS2 (from $200). Seeing as how a PS2 could play my PS1 games anyway, I didn't have any use for the old system. When you factor in that I also didn't own a DVD player and they still cost around $100 at the time, this was one of the best deals I have ever gotten.

With the PS3 being backwards compatible and having a Blue-Ray drive, I can only hope for a repeat situtaion. I might not still get the same reaction from the employee when I hand them DVD sized game cases (the OLD PS1 game boxes that is, some of those games had $0 of trade in value).

[quote name='craven_fiend']So are you saying you'll be buying a new console in about 2-3 years, once the then new consoles start to come out? Wow[/QUOTE]

No. :roll: I said and quote:

[quote name='retail sucks']Merrill Lynch predicted back a month or so ago, the 360 premium SKU, "will" drop to $300 right before Christmas 2006, "if" PS3 launches by November 2006 in the US.

Let's hope their correct. Simply, IMO, anything over $330 after tax is to much, unless it's the PS3, and that's if the graphics look better than the 360's by x 1.5.[/QUOTE]

I said the price was predicted to drop to $300 for the X360 by the end of 2006, and that anything more than $330 after tax is to much to pay, "UNLESS" it's the PS3, which IMO I think will be worth more than $300 at retail price.

Basically, I do not believe the 360 is worth the current retail price. I'm waiting for a $100 drop in the X360 "premium" SKU = $300 + tax $330

bread's done
Back