My Wii filled itself up.

lilboo

CAGiversary!
Feedback
41 (100%)
Sounds sexy, huh?

So I wake up, and I see a flashing blue light. I think it's either my brother sending me a message full of gibberish or some kind of update. So I turn it on and I go to the message board. It's taking some time for the message to appear (for some reason, it always does).

I wait and I wait...and then I get a message and it says (not verbatim) "Your Wii Message board is approaching it's data limits. Copy old data over to SD card?"

So I hit yes..and it's been like 10 minutes and it's sill copying. What exactly is it copying? And why is my message board full, or almost full?! It's like.. it's one thing if you have to micromanage VC and WiiWare games. I can live with that and (partially) understand. But MESSAGES?! I don't even get a lot. The only thing that comes up on my message board is the daily gameplay thing--and I don't play with the Wii everyday.

Has anyone else had this happen before? I'm usually in between with my feelings for the Wii. I don't think it's as great as some fanboys (I am a Nintendo fanboy) say, and I def don't think it's as bad as most people say. But this brings it to a whole new level. I never expected my Wii to get full of messages.. :lol:

not yet, when did you get yours?

I would guess that the messages are even the daily wii play times too.

I think we've had ours since Jan of 07, played every 3 days, extensively.

We don't do much online gaming though, not may friends codes at all even.

I got my Wii at launch. I don't use messages much at all. In the beginning, I did. For like.. 3 months? After that, the only thing on my message boards are the daily playtime records. And Wii Sports records (when you get medals, LOL)

I've posted pictures from Pokemon Snap..but that wasn't much and only for like 2 weeks.

Nothing ever excessive.

I've got a launch (well, a month after launch) Wii and haven't had any issues like that as of yet.

I don't use messages at all though. (Except for maybe 2 or 3 over the entire life of the Wii)

:rofl: By the way, it was an advertisement for You, Me and Cubes or whatever it's called.
Yeah, it's weird.. I never heard about it until ..well..right now.

I have a launch console. About 2 weeks ago I had to copy all of my messages to the SD card. I barely used messages past the first few months! Pictures I am assuming takes up more space, and me and my friends did send many pictures. I even have a few sound files (Wii Speak Channel).

We are in the exact same boat. It is very strange. My friend had this happen to him a year ago! When he played Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, he tooks pictures of EVERYTHING though.

The copying also took a very long time. 20 minutes? I shut my HDTV, and let it do its thing. The annoying part was I turned my console on to just check out the updated Nintendo channel... and I ended up having to wait.

bread's done
Back