My wii remote got... jumpy all of a sudden

Metal Boss

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I just got my wii online and after i updated i noticed my cursor wasnt nearly as smooth as it was before, it seems really twitchy. , anyone else notice this....

yeah i tried both of my remotes as well, one of them is half drained while the other is nearly full, and i tried syncing them both too

Any light sources near the sensor? Maybe Christmas lights draped near the TV? That'll cause it to go haywire.

[quote name='sixersballernum3']Any light sources near the sensor? Maybe Christmas lights draped near the TV? That'll cause it to go haywire.[/quote]

hmmm nothing like that, i notice it doesn't seem to happen in elebits though, just the wii menu.

it's really weird, the pointer is smooth in any game, but in the menu it feels very twitchy no matter how close I am. Only happened after this update from wiiconnect24 as well...

I can live with it but i'd rather not, i emailed nintendo about it to see what their take is, it seems like a common problem in the nsider forums.

There is an option for calibrating your remote. 2 dots should appear on your screen.

When I tested mine, there were 3 dots. One of them was fixed and two would move when I moved my remote. Turned out that my Xtreme 2 Xbox wireless headset that used IR to broadcast sound was interfering with the remote. I moved the base unit away from the Wii-bar and all was good.

Another thing to check is the Wii-bar. Make sure it is hanging slightly over the edge of the surface it's on. Also, my cursor gets jumpy if I try to play from a significant angle from the center of the TV.

Last thing I can think of is mirrors. Highly reflective surfaces could cause trouble.

It might be your sensor placement. I have mine on top of the TV, but our couches sit really low, so everytime I point the cursor towards the bottom of Wii menu, things jump around a bit. Nothing to worry about.

People don't read the whole mesage before posting huh? This is a result of the update that was pushed to Wiis. The cursor will remain fine in ay game; however you will notice a kind of shaking during the Wii menu.

Several messages have already been sent to NOA but I do not think they have an official response yet.

Again, this has nothing to do with your setup or your particular system or remote.

I think its the CPU chugging, honestly. That kind of refresh rate for a bluetooth + IR device is probably pretty CPU intensive. Maybe its constantly trying to update or access the WiiConnect24 server and that's why its doing that.

I know that I walk into my bedroom and my wireless router is showing constant activity...its the Wii...I think they need to keep it from so aggressively looking for the connection.

[quote name='Arkay Firestar']
I know that I walk into my bedroom and my wireless router is showing constant activity...its the Wii...I think they need to keep it from so aggressively looking for the connection.[/quote]
Is your wireless router secured? If not it sounds like your neighbors might be "borrowing" the free connection you are providing (hopefully not to do illegal things.) Unless you live in a really remote place everyone should secure their wireless routers. Leaving them open is just asking a Spammer/MP3 Sharer/Terrorist/Pedifile to use it and get you in trouble because the naughty activity is coming from your Internet connectiion.

I've been watching my firewall logs for activity from my Wii and it looks like it makes a quick http connection every 10 minutes when it is "off" and is not causing any network activity most of the time.

I have the jumpiness thing too. Mostly when I'm pointing to things in the lower right corner of my TV screen.

I know exactly what you're talking about OP. It's all jumpy in the Wii menu and perfectly fine in-game...

Comon' Nintendo, lets see an update!

bread's done
Back