My Xbox Live Account was Banned. Super Weak.

MRJESUS925

CAGiversary!
Only for a few days, but what bugs me is that Microsoft didn't come out and tell me why, they just sent me an e-mail that said:

"This email is to notify you that your Xbox Live account privileges have been suspended due to feedback received from other Xbox Live users about your inappropriate content on the service."

What the hell does that mean? My motto? huh?

[quote name='Capn Stabby']Yeah, what was your motto?[/quote]

Same as my sig, a line from Mastodon's song in the beginning of the ATHF movie.

The only thing i could think of as offensive is testicles.

[quote name='Haggar']"Code Of Conduct" is a motto or bio violation.[/quote]

Thanks. I just wanted to be sure.

Whats funny is this suspension comes suspiciously soon after i played a few rounds of COD4 with a clan who continued to call me a fucking homo until i finally responded by calling them immature. They then backed out, not before threatening me with the fact that they could ban my account.

[quote name='MusicNoteLess']It's just as offensive as gamertag RichardGaywood.[/quote]

lol.

I find it odd that my gamertag has had "jesus" in it for almost two years, yet they allow me to keep it. Although i may change it to avoid the stupid jokes i hear whenever i enter a pregame lobby.

[quote name='MRJESUS925']lol.

I find it odd that my gamertag has had "jesus" in it for almost two years, yet they allow me to keep it. Although i may change it to avoid the stupid jokes i hear whenever i enter a pregame lobby.[/quote]

How is Jesus a bad word?

It all goes back to the xbox community. If they don't like you, and they're in large groups (like in COD4) and you piss them off, you could get banned pretty easily. Ask zewone.

[quote name='Hybrid5006']How is Jesus a bad word?[/quote]

You'd be surprised how many religious people there are on Xbox live that will yell at a complete stranger over the internet because his gamertag shares the same 5 letters as his deity.

Besides, when i first created the name, I meant "hay-sus", like the name.

I don't know what it takes now, but it used to only take 5 complaints from unique gamertags to get a temp ban. So yeah. Piss off a Clan and they can take ya off for a day or two. If you remember their Tags then make them avoided players so you don't play with them again. There was an article in OXM a while back about this topic. You should look for it.

I find it funny whenever I read about these kind of things here happening to CAGs, I've never heard of their names. It's always the people who don't play any games with us that it happens to. Stick with the CAGs, and it won't happen.

[quote name='twen']I find it funny whenever I read about these kind of things here happening to CAGs, I've never heard of their names. It's always the people who don't play any games with us that it happens to. Stick with the CAGs, and it won't happen.[/quote]

Yeah. That doesn't sound bad.

I have been using deals from here and listening to the CAGcast for almost a year now, but i haven't really gotten involved in the community. I hoping to change that in the near future.

[quote name='MusicNoteLess']It all goes back to the xbox community. If they don't like you, and they're in large groups (like in COD4) and you piss them off, you could get banned pretty easily. Ask zewone.[/quote]

What happened to zewone?

I'm guessing he has a similar story?

[quote name='Tha Xecutioner']This is only your first ban?

Regardless, welcome to the club :cool:[/quote]

Thanks. There's a club? I was under the impression that accounts didn't get banned a lot.

[quote name='ITDEFX']the next club he will join will be the RRoD Club[/quote]

I already have two memberships to that hell-hole.:cry:

[quote name='MRJESUS925']I already have two memberships to that hell-hole.:cry:[/quote]

Well I got 3, and a 4th one anytime now.

[quote name='MRJESUS925']Thanks. There's a club? I was under the impression that accounts didn't get banned a lot.[/quote]If there is I'd be president.

3 account bans, what up? :cool:

[quote name='Tha Xecutioner']If there is I'd be president.

3 account bans, what up? :cool:[/quote]

Congratulations?

What did you get banned for?

[quote name='MRJESUS925']Congratulations?

What did you get banned for?[/quote]
One gamertag ban and two game suspensions.

The gamertag ban came a while back when CounterStrike was the hotness for the Xbox. Over in Iraq some journalists were getting their heads sawed off "execution style" and scenes/pictures of dudes in masks doing all these decapitations and stuff were all over the news which doesn't look good when my name hops in the room. Also (seeing as how I have 82%~84% negative rep for the 360 now) I don't tend to make friends in shooting games, so the fact that I slaughtered most people in that game and taunted them for it led to many complaints filed against me.

The two game suspensions came from Halo 2. The first one came because I was in a room where the other team had cheated numerous times and got caught for it. For some reason, I got tied to the other team cheating and winning and had to sit out for two days. The second one came because some idiot on my team cheated (even though we called him out for it) and I got slapped with a one week suspension because of being on a cheater's team via matchmaking.

XBL loves me :cool:

Don't you love it when you get negative feedback for being too good? It's worst in one-on-one sports games because half the time I would get a negative just for winning.

Bleh.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Don't you love it when you get negative feedback for being too good? It's worst in one-on-one sports games because half the time I would get a negative just for winning.

Bleh.[/quote]
Sports games are different. Cheesers ruin the experience, and most cheesers will give people negative feedback whether they win or lose.

I'm sorry but what consititutes a "cheeser"? (especially in the context of a sports game)

I dont play many games online, but I *have* gotten negative feedback for "trash talking" which is weird because I only talk smack with people I know and this was by some strangers.

If a group of people really did submit false feedback give the XBOX LIVE support line a call and they will fix you up. They can check EXACTLY who left the feedback and why.

[quote name='ITDEFX']the next club he will join will be the RRoD Club[/quote]

Correct, and there's one more after that. The third club is when you get your console (not gamertag) banned.

http://img130.imageshack.us/img130/9638/achievementaspxtextyouvfg8.jpg
achievementaspxtextyouvfg8.jpg

I don't think its possible for a bunch of people to report you and you will get banned unless it is for a good reason. I was listening to a Majorn Nelson podcast a while back,and he was interview the security guy who runs XBL and checks who bans etc etc. He said that before big Halo tournaments, a bunch of clans would submit complaints against certain players so that they would be banned for the tournament. The guy said it doesn't do auto banning cause he looked at each of the players complaints and found out what they were doing. He also said that they look at each and every complaint and determines whether it is a realistic complaint or not. So looks like you got unlucky because MS probably thought those complaints were about the "testicles" you put in your sig, even though they shouldn't really care.:bouncy:

[quote name='orbit18']I don't think its possible for a bunch of people to report you and you will get banned unless it is for a good reason. I was listening to a Majorn Nelson podcast a while back,and he was interview the security guy who runs XBL and checks who bans etc etc. He said that before big Halo tournaments, a bunch of clans would submit complaints against certain players so that they would be banned for the tournament. The guy said it doesn't do auto banning cause he looked at each of the players complaints and found out what they were doing. He also said that they look at each and every complaint and determines whether it is a realistic complaint or not. So looks like you got unlucky because MS probably thought those complaints were about the "testicles" you put in your sig, even though they shouldn't really care.:bouncy:[/QUOTE]

This is good to know, because the CAGs who play Call of Duty 4 are bad repping me like crazy. It would totally suck to lose my account. I still have XBL paid for until April 2010.

I get constant messages from my friends list to file complaints about their name so they can change it. For free. It's an fake complaint so they still have the same tags.

bread's done
Back