My Xbox One from Dell's Black Friday ad is missing the headset

waffletower

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Keyboard shortcuts are dumb.  Completely moronic.  Why should I ever risk losing an ENTIRE PARAGRAPH OF TEXT JUST BECAUSE I HIT THE BACKSPACE KEY?

I bought Dell's Black Friday Xbox One bundle.  The headset was missing.

Did anyone else take advantage of this deal?  If so, check your packaging before wrapping it if you bought it as a gift.  I've sent a message to Dell's customer support and I'm just waiting on their response.  I'll keep you CAGs posted.

http://i.imgur.com/Z6MU7X3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
XBones don't come with headsets anymore. My friend just bought one right before bksck Friday. No mic in box, no mic listed on box.

XBones don't come with headsets anymore. My friend just bought one right before bksck Friday. No mic in box, no mic listed on box.
Huh, weird. First no Kinect, now no headset. I'm still expecting Dell to honor their advertisement. They completely ignored my email but have responded to me on Twitter to get the transaction details, and now they're going over the options for what can be done.

It'll say right in the manual or the guide they give you. It'll have a X mark over the headset as that's sold separately. The $400 one with 1TB HDD comes with a headset though.

It'll say right in the manual or the guide they give you. It'll have a X mark over the headset as that's sold separately. The $400 one with 1TB HDD comes with a headset though.
Yeah, I was about to write Microsoft because I saw the Quick Start Guide said "chat headset," but it has two little grey boxes that say "500MB" and "1TB" and the 500MB box has an X through it. I'm still hoping Dell will give me something because it was their ad I was referencing when I made my purchase. I honestly thought that the headset would be separate like Fallout 4 and the controller.

[quote name="waffletower" post="13094877" timestamp="1449825302"]Yeah, I was about to write Microsoft because I saw the Quick Start Guide said "chat headset," but it has two little grey boxes that say "500MB" and "1TB" and the 500MB box has an X through it. I'm still hoping Dell will give me something because it was their ad I was referencing when I made my purchase. I honestly thought that the headset would be separate like Fallout 4 and the controller.[/quote]
Does the holiday bundle come with a headset? Maybe I missed mine.

It is a bit dumb to not include a cheap headset. I remember the 360 came with a HDMI cable, headset, controller, pretty much everything. But I suppose they really don't have to bother releasing headsets. 

Anyways, good luck with getting a response. Maybe Dell will be cool and send you a headset. :)

It is a bit dumb to not include a cheap headset. I remember the 360 came with a HDMI cable, headset, controller, pretty much everything. But I suppose they really don't have to bother releasing headsets.

Anyways, good luck with getting a response. Maybe Dell will be cool and send you a headset. :)
Thanks. I actually just got a response from Dell yesterday asking me for my address so that they could ship a headset to me, but now they say they'll "check for available options." I had two different people helping me, so I probably have to wait and see what comes of it.

The Elite comes with one. If you find old stock at a store, it will have one. But the latest revisions do not come with them any more.

I have the 1TB and it didn't come with one
The Elite comes with one. If you find old stock at a store, it will have one. But the latest revisions do not come with them any more.
That's terrible. I guess they figured enough people were buying premium headsets and they were making enough money by cutting it that they could silently sweep them under the rug.

To update the statue of my experience, Dell has shipped a headset to me Tuesday afternoon and it is expected to arrive Wednesday. I kind of wish they hadn't sent it Next Day Shipping, but I suppose they figured it was a gift I had opened to examine, and that it was important for the headset to arrive by Christmas. The reality is that it my gift to me and I've barely played it. Still nice to have it, though.

Dell's customer service gets a thumbs up for coming through for me.

bread's done
Back