MYST DS - November 2007 in Europe

MarioColbert

CAGiversary!
Ta-da:
pack_jpg_jpgcopy.jpg

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/06/07/myst-coming-to-the-ds/

Interestingly enough:
For starters, Myst DS will include a brand new age to explore as well as the Rime Age from realMYST. The game's source code has been re-written specifically for the DS, new sounds and clips are scattered throughout, and the video and audio have been re-mastered as well. Touch screen control is a given, but Midway hasn't revealed how both screens will be utilized. Keep an eye out for Myst DS this November in Europe.
I can't say that I'm excited. In fact, I'm very confused right now. I have not played Myst since 1995.

I saw this yesterday, and thought it was kinda coincidental that I just sold the original PC game w/ guide on eBay a few weeks ago.

[quote name='botticus']I saw this yesterday, and thought it was kinda coincidental that I just sold the original PC game w/ guide on eBay a few weeks ago.[/quote]

Why would you need the guide for Myst, you n00b? ;)

I kid, I kid. If I hadn't found the white page in the very beginning of the game by a complete accident... That's a very cheap hiding spot, and not really a "puzzle" per say. It's a pixel hunt, except instead of pixels, you kind of have a shitload of locations.

I thought long and hard about this, and I have to say that I can not justify not buying it to myself. The original title was amazing for what it was, at the time that it was. Playing it on the DS is probably the only way to relive the experience without thinking of yourself as a complete fool - playing Myst under Windows XP... Or Vista.

bread's done
Back