N-Gage QD $19.99 NEW @ EB B&M + All Games $2.99 ea.

onikage

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
If your EB still has any new N-Gage QDs they should now ring up @ $19.99.
I don't know how much they were before, but this seemed like a pretty good deal.

Also, all new games are now $2.99.

Edit: The QD is $49.99 @ Gamestop.

[quote name='ashram']you would need one of the data plans, since your technically connecting to the internet. and unfortunatly, these plans are not cheap...[/QUOTE]

Remember though, while it might not be the most practical method you can connect via bluetooth (with your computer) if you still want to use the Arena functions without paying those huge fees.

[quote name='heyfergy']BAH! I was about to order some more games from the ebgames website....and all they have left is stupid Tomb Raider. Oh well.[/quote]

If you leave the search box empty and select n-gage from the drop down menu the other games will show up.

is pathway to glory a good game? i jsut ordered online splinter cell, tomb rader, and fifa. now off to find an ngage lol, i called one place and they have 1 left, which is an hour drive away. wish me luck lol

[quote name='rly723']is pathway to glory a good game? i jsut ordered online splinter cell, tomb rader, and fifa. now off to find an ngage lol, i called one place and they have 1 left, which is an hour drive away. wish me luck lol[/quote]

Pathway to glory is kinda like a warcraft/starcraft kind of game...but zoomed in and you actually have to care about everyone around you. Didnt play past the first level yet due to having 12 (13?) games to screw around with.

BTW, If you like the console versions of SSX or Colin Mcrae Rally, the n-gage versions play just like them. I actually prefer Asphalt GT to Mcrae, but its a personal preferance kind of thing.

[quote name='SpottedNigel']
BTW, If you like the console versions of SSX or Colin Mcrae Rally, the n-gage versions play just like them. I actually prefer Asphalt GT to Mcrae, but its a personal preferance kind of thing.[/quote]

I love Colin McRae so far! Looks great for an N-gage game and plays pretty close to the console.

hey maccabee, do u think that store would have an extra colin mcrae? if so, add that to the list..not sure what other games are good...thanks for your help

[quote name='KrAzY3']Remember though, while it might not be the most practical method you can connect via bluetooth (with your computer) if you still want to use the Arena functions without paying those huge fees.[/QUOTE]

i know, mentioned it a few times in this thread!

I'm having a bitch of a time trying to set up the PC Suite and my N-gage over bluetooth...and it seems that every fix ive read about doesnt work. I'll be trying some more tonight, but If i can at least move some other wallpapers over to my phone i'll be happy.

[quote name='rly723']hey maccabee, do u think that store would have an extra colin mcrae? if so, add that to the list..not sure what other games are good...thanks for your help[/quote]

Yeah, they still had some left. I'll add it as the 5th game if you want.....

[quote name='SpottedNigel']I'm having a bitch of a time trying to set up the PC Suite and my N-gage over bluetooth...and it seems that every fix ive read about doesnt work. I'll be trying some more tonight, but If i can at least move some other wallpapers over to my phone i'll be happy.[/QUOTE]

it took me a while too. i just paired the 2 through the phone, not the pc. once done, it worked for me.

also, if you can't get bluetooth working, or don't have bluetooth access, you can always copy whatever you want to the root dir of a mmc and install apps from there, or use fexplorer to move the item in question to where it needs to be.

i can live with the standard wallpaper (hate the fact that it will be bordered) but i want a new operator logo.... no clue what to make for it though.

yes, i got the ngage qd for $50, but no games...now how do i set it up for a phone? i already have an existing t-mobile plan. i was switching the sim card from my nokia 3650 to the ngage. problem is that the sim card is much larger and wont fit in the ngage. what alternative do i have now? did your ngage come with a sim card. what came with it was a cingular prepaid $10 card. i idnt see a sim card included? cna anyone help me?

nevermind i installed the cingular sim card that came wih it, but now how can i use my existing tmobile service since my current sim card is too large for the ngage..any alternatives?

[quote name='rly723']yes, i got the ngage qd for $50, but no games...now how do i set it up for a phone? i already have an existing t-mobile plan. i was switching the sim card from my nokia 3650 to the ngage. problem is that the sim card is much larger and wont fit in the ngage. what alternative do i have now? did your ngage come with a sim card. what came with it was a cingular prepaid $10 card. i idnt see a sim card included? cna anyone help me?

nevermind i installed the cingular sim card that came wih it, but now how can i use my existing tmobile service since my current sim card is too large for the ngage..any alternatives?[/QUOTE]
contact t-mobile for a new sim maybe?

Just for the hell of it...

I have a spare N-gage (last of 3)
$75 shipped

Available games $4 a piece w/purchase ($7 otherwise)
Elder Scrolls Travels
Red Faction
Colin mcrae rally
Xanadu Next Sealed

PM if you care.

On a side note, once I started using the PC Suite for the QD specifically (im an idiot...) everything went smooth.

[quote name='rly723']so to unlock the phone do i need an active siM card that i use with t-mobile?[/QUOTE]
i think you may need more than just that. i suggested getting a new sim since you said yours was too big.

[quote name='rly723']yes, i got the ngage qd for $50, but no games...now how do i set it up for a phone? i already have an existing t-mobile plan. i was switching the sim card from my nokia 3650 to the ngage. problem is that the sim card is much larger and wont fit in the ngage. what alternative do i have now? did your ngage come with a sim card. what came with it was a cingular prepaid $10 card. i idnt see a sim card included? cna anyone help me?

nevermind i installed the cingular sim card that came wih it, but now how can i use my existing tmobile service since my current sim card is too large for the ngage..any alternatives?[/QUOTE]

tmobile sims are the same size as cingular sims, as are all sim cards or else GSM phones wouldn't be world phones. check out this photo

pic2.jpg

That yellow thing in this photo is the sim card, the black space is for a MMC card.

135617499_8d20153e13.jpg

there's a ds cart, a mmc card and my t-mobile sim card

HAVE FOR TRADE:

POCKET KINGDOMS: OWN THE WORLD - SEALED
XANADU NEXT - 2 COPIES - SEALED

LOOKING FOR THESE N-GAGE GAMES TO TRADE FOR OR BUY:

ONE
ROOTS (PRIORITY)
TONY HAWK'S PRO SKATER
RIFTS: PROMISE OF POWER (PRIORITY)
THE KING OF FIGHTERS EXTREME (PRIORITY)
ASPHALT
SONIC N
SNAKES
TOM CLANCY'S SPLINTER CELL TEAM ACTION
ALIEN FRONT
SHADOW BORN
SHADE: WRATH OF ANGELS
XYANIDE

I CAN ALSO PICK UP ANOTHER N-GAGE QD, BUT IT'S A $50 MACHINE. LET ME KNOW AND WE CAN WORK SOMETHING OUT. THANKS!! :lol:

snakes is a free download, it wasn't released in retail. you just need a mmc and goto http://arena.n-gage.com

create an account, log in, and free snakes (go to downloads) it's the only non-demo there

also, i have tiger woods 2004, ncaa football 2004 and fifa 2004 if anyone wants to trade

my bad haha, i thought the sim card was the mmc card..now i just installed the sim card. it says not valid what should i do now?

means your phone is locked.

earlier in the thread someone asked about unlocking it (may have been deleted, not sure) just skim the 1st 5-10 pages. if not, google is your friend.

thanks for the help, now im confused. the phone came with some cingular thing so i called the number and entered numbers from the package and card earlier. now my phone say cingular, how can i get rid of this? or am i stuck?

[quote name='rly723']thanks for the help, now im confused. the phone came with some cingular thing so i called the number and entered numbers from the package and card earlier. now my phone say cingular, how can i get rid of this? or am i stuck?[/QUOTE]

it says cingular because thats the network you're on, if you unlock it and put your t-mobile sim in it will say "t-mobile"

so i unlock while the cignular sim is in there? then after thats done switch it to tmobile and it should be okay? sorry i'm new to all this stuff,

[quote name='rly723']so i unlock while the cignular sim is in there? then after thats done switch it to tmobile and it should be okay? sorry i'm new to all this stuff,[/QUOTE]

yeah, thats right. I believe you only get 5 tries at entering the unlock code though so be careful

135646321_085fd55401.jpg

so i followed those steps to change the access point and settings. i deleted everything that said cingular. not sure what else to do and it still sayd sim card not valid when i p in the tmobile sim

[quote name='rly723']so i followed those steps to change the access point and settings. i deleted everything that said cingular. not sure what else to do and it still sayd sim card not valid when i p in the tmobile sim[/QUOTE]

that stuff is unrelated to the SIM unlock... you need to find the unlock code for your particular phone and enter a sequence of keypresses to unlock it for use with any carrier

earlier when i had no idea whre the sim card was, since it came with a cingular onne, i called the cingular line and entered the sku number and it activated it under cingular, but cant make calls or anything because no paid minutes. how do i deactivate this cingular thing or is it too late?

[quote name='rly723']earlier when i had no idea whre the sim card was, since it came with a cingular onne, i called the cingular line and entered the sku number and it activated it under cingular, but cant make calls or anything because no paid minutes. how do i deactivate this cingular thing or is it too late?[/QUOTE]

i'm not positive, as i havent been able to jump in on this deal, but it should be a prepaid cingular account that you have activated which means you shouldnt need to DE-activate it, just never put any money into it if you dont intend to use it.

[quote name='rly723']so i followed those steps to change the access point and settings. i deleted everything that said cingular. not sure what else to do and it still sayd sim card not valid when i p in the tmobile sim[/quote]

Go to this site:

http://www.gsmevolution.com/freecalc/

Download the calculator. Follow the directions carefully and you should be able to unlock on the first try. Also, don't make the mistake of entering T-mobile as your phone provider, as the N-gage is locked to Cingular. I made that mistake and luckily figured it out just before my fifth try. Also, your sim card should not be in the phone when you enter the codes from the calculator.

[quote name='maccabee72']Go to this site:

http://www.gsmevolution.com/freecalc/

Download the calculator. Follow the directions carefully and you should be able to unlock on the first try. Also, don't make the mistake of entering T-mobile as your phone provider, as the N-gage is locked to Cingular. I made that mistake and luckily figured it out just before my fifth try. Also, your sim card should not be in the phone when you enter the codes from the calculator.[/QUOTE]

i thought it wont stay on without a sim card in

so i went to that owrld unlock codes and got a codes, do i enter the code while the cingular sim is inside? because it say take out the sim and enter code, but i get the message to insert sim card
do i just enter the numbers or the # pw, +1# also? it will only enter numbers, not letters

#pw+896 221 226 444 023+1#
#pw+089 513 110 717 511+2#
#pw+929 252 457 754 452+3#
#pw+918 842 645 660 140+4#
#pw+023 313 752 175 014+5#
#pw+408 107 133 663 003+6#
#pw+417 827 444 530 021+7#

[quote name='rly723']so i went to that owrld unlock codes and got a codes, do i enter the code while the cingular sim is inside? because it say take out the sim and enter code, but i get the message to insert sim card
do i just enter the numbers or the # pw, +1# also? it will only enter numbers, not letters

#pw+896 221 226 444 023+1#
#pw+089 513 110 717 511+2#
#pw+929 252 457 754 452+3#
#pw+918 842 645 660 140+4#
#pw+023 313 752 175 014+5#
#pw+408 107 133 663 003+6#
#pw+417 827 444 530 021+7#[/quote]

If you have RH-47 as the model number and Cingular as the provider and you hve your IMEI number correct than the code with the 7 in it should work. Also, you get the p and w by pressing the star or the pound key multiple times. You don't need a sim card in to enter the code. It should give you a message like the "no restrictions" or unlocked or something like that if the code is correct. After you get that, just put in your T-mobile sim card and you're good to go.

Also, remember you only get 5 tries after that, I think you're out of luck

so i should enter it exactly like this:

#pw+417 827 444 530 021+7#

i cant get the pw, it'll only being up the symbols and move onto the next

okay i finally got it unlocked but to connect to t-zones i keep getting http 500 reply unknown message and it wont connect, anyone know what this problem might be? i already followed those instrcutions to edit the settings

[quote name='rly723']okay i finally got it unlocked but to connect to t-zones i keep getting http 500 reply unknown message and it wont connect, anyone know what this problem might be? i already followed those instrcutions to edit the settings[/quote]

The settings here worked for me:

http://www.n-gage.com/en-US/support/NGageQD/Settings/tmobile_internet.htm

One thing I did that they didn't list on their directions that may have made the difference is:

1) I went into Tools then settings
2) Clicked on Connection and then GPRS
3) I then change the listed access point from the default wap.cingualr to wap.voicestream.com

anyone having a problem with dl'ing the opera browser. it downloads and then suddenly removes it right after. not sure why thats happening

[quote name='rly723']anyone having a problem with dl'ing the opera browser. it downloads and then suddenly removes it right after. not sure why thats happening[/quote]

That's excatly what happens to me. I'm hoping to have more luck with it after I get an MMC card and reader though.

i finally got opera to work. for some reason when you DL it directly from mini.opera.com and it downloads and immediately removes the file and says system error. it took my hours to figure it out, but it finally installed.
here's what i did...

type in web address : mini.opera.com
click to download in other language
then click opera mini american english or whatever language u want
this will be the .jad file, it should download and install into your applications, then it should be easy after that

[quote name='rly723']i finally got opera to work. for some reason when you DL it directly from mini.opera.com and it downloads and immediately removes the file and says system error. it took my hours to figure it out, but it finally installed.
here's what i did...

type in web address : mini.opera.com
click to download in other language
then click opera mini american english or whatever language u want
this will be the .jad file, it should download and install into your applications, then it should be easy after that[/quote]

Still doesn't work for me. Are you installing to system memory or the mmc?

in all honesty, it's probably easier (and cheaper) to buy either a bluetooth adapter or a MMC since it works and you don't have to pay for data usage on your plan.

I bought a Bluetooth adapter from Walmart for $25. Ive sent over pictures and Vnes so far, and it works fine. My main use for it later is for the calander/todo so it can replace my palm pilot.

used mine for everything until i got my mmc... now i just use it for smaller apps and music conversion (via pc suite for qd). also come in handy when i loose my phone. i just right click on a small file and "send via bluetooth". phone beeps when file is recieved.

bread's done
Back