N-Gage QD $19.99 NEW @ EB B&M + All Games $2.99 ea.

onikage

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
If your EB still has any new N-Gage QDs they should now ring up @ $19.99.
I don't know how much they were before, but this seemed like a pretty good deal.

Also, all new games are now $2.99.

Edit: The QD is $49.99 @ Gamestop.

Uhhh, i'll trade you my QD w/ 5 games for your razor :)

[quote name='chior']Hopefully I can find one tomorrow. I need one, I hate my razor.[/quote]

[quote name='Oops! I did it again.']Well, I have only watched videos on my N-Gage in Smartmovie and I thought it worked. Yeah, the screen was small, but if you can get passed that, everything pretty much synced up so I suppose it all falls on personal preference. Technically, it works.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, with Smartmovie you can set it for landscape mode (i.e., turn the N-Gage sideways to watch a movie) and crop it down to get a nice, full-screen image. Looks pretty good that way.

Here's a thread over at ngagegaming that has some optimum settings for Smartmovie: http://forum.ngagegaming.com/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=5;t=000175;p=

Did anyone buy the $49.99 blister pack at Gamestop. I bought one but haven't opened it yet. I'm wondering what is included in the package. It says " sim card required to operate this device" on the back of the package. Is the sim card included? I don't want to open it until I know what is included. Then I will decide whether to keep it or sell it. Thank you..

[quote name='heyfergy']Uhhh, i'll trade you my QD w/ 5 games for your razor :)[/QUOTE]
My sliver razor's screen has some scratches, I doubt you will want that.

[quote name='chior']My sliver razor's screen has some scratches, I doubt you will want that.[/QUOTE]

i'll give you 20 bucks for it! :D

[quote name='yazman']Did anyone buy the $49.99 blister pack at Gamestop. I bought one but haven't opened it yet. I'm wondering what is included in the package. It says " sim card required to operate this device" on the back of the package. Is the sim card included? I don't want to open it until I know what is included. Then I will decide whether to keep it or sell it. Thank you..[/quote]

It does include a prepaid Cingular Sim card, but you can unlock the phone to use whatever sim card you want. The package also includes the charger and a CD with the user manual and some other things on it.

[quote name='chior']May God bless me :)[/QUOTE]
Got the last two $49.99 n-gages new one @ gamestop after calling about 30 stores around here. Two stores have like over $50 games (15-20 different kinds). I picked up : Money ball, king of fighters extreme(fun game); call of duty;the elder scrolls travels;splinter cell team stealth action & chaos theory;x-men legend,bomberman,sonicN,pocket kingdom,crash nitro kart, gosh recon. Good hunting, One system for myself, the other one for my friend. Used the unlock method metioned in previous post (the unlock nokia calculator one)

[quote name='chior']Got the last two $49.99 n-gages new one @ gamestop after calling about 30 stores around here. Two stores have like over $50 games (15-20 different kinds). I picked up : Money ball, king of fighters extreme(fun game); call of duty;the elder scrolls travels;splinter cell team stealth action & chaos theory;x-men legend,bomberman,sonicN,pocket kingdom,crash nitro kart, gosh recon. Good hunting, One system for myself, the other one for my friend. Used the unlock method metioned in previous post (the unlock nokia calculator one)[/quote]

It looks like luck is on your side :cry:.

[quote name='assassinX']It looks like luck is on your side :cry:.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I will pick a few more games, virtua tennis; tom raider, Colin McRae Rally 2005, moto gp, operation shadow, puyo pop, raymen 3, ashen., red faction, pathway to glory, Marcel Desailly Pro Soccer . For 2.99 , I may just pick all of them. How about spider man 2, ssx out of bounds,requiem of hell, worm world party, puzzle vs bubble??

Requriem of Hell is kinda like Diablo. Played it for about an hours this morning and had some fun.

SSX is just like the console versions, very pleased with that one.

If you like Worms, its fun. No different than any other version.

Puzzle Bobble VS... for $3 is OK, but I'd just wait until Lumines is available and buy that for your phone.

[quote name='SpottedNigel']Requriem of Hell is kinda like Diablo. Played it for about an hours this morning and had some fun.

SSX is just like the console versions, very pleased with that one.

If you like Worms, its fun. No different than any other version.

Puzzle Bobble VS... for $3 is OK, but I'd just wait until Lumines is available and buy that for your phone.[/QUOTE]
thanks,
Anyway, I just picked up all I can. I think I was in a collection mode.

Now I have about 33 different N-gage games.
WWE aftershock (can pick up one for trade)
Sims, the bustin ou (can pick up one for trade)
Virtua Tennis (can pick up one for trade)
Tomb raider (can pick up one for trade)
Call of duty (can pick up one for trade)
Splinter cell chaos theory (can pick up one for trade)
Splinter cell team action (can pick up one for trade)
X-men legends (can pick up one for trade)
Crash nitro kart (can pick up one for trade)
Sonic N, (can pick up one for trade)
Bomberman (can pick up one for trade)
Super monkey Ball (can pick up one for trade)
Plcket kingdom (can pick up one for trade)
spiderman 2 (can pick up one for trade)
Operation shadow (can pick up one for trade)
Macel desailly pro soccer (can pick up one for trade)
Xanadu Next (can pick up one for trade)
Fifa soccer 2005 (can pick up one for trade)
Colin McRae Rally 5 (can pick up one for trade)
Pathway to glory (can pick up one for trade)
Asphalt Urban GT
Elder scrolls travel (can pick up one for trade)
Moto GP (can pick up one for trade)
Puzzle Bobble (can pick up one for trade)
Ghost Recon Jungle (can pick up one for trade)
Glimmerati (can pick up one for trade)
King of fighters extream
Ashen
Tony hawk's pro skater
Rayman 3 (can pick up one for trade)
Tiger woods PGA tour 2004 (can pick up one for trade)
Pandemonium (can pick up one for trade)
Worms world Party (can pick up one for trade)
Fifa 2004 (can pick up one for trade)
MLB Slam & NCAA football (can pick up one for trade) I did not pick up them

Also Have a madcaz case for the original N-gage up for trade.

what I need:
N-Gage QD Carry Case CP-23 (priority )
one (priority )
Mile High Pinball
High seize
System Rush
The Roots
RIFTS: PROMISE OF POWER
ALIEN FRONT
SHADOW BORN
SHADE: WRATH OF ANGELS
XYANIDE
TONY HAWK'S PRO SKATER

Please PM me if you are interested in trade.

[quote name='chior']thanks,
Anyway, I just picked up all I can. I think I was in a collection mode.
what I need:
N-Gage QD Carry Case CP-23 (priority )
snakes
one (priority )
Mile High Pinball
High seize
System Rush
The Roots
RIFTS: PROMISE OF POWER
ALIEN FRONT
SHADOW BORN
SHADE: WRATH OF ANGELS
XYANIDE
TONY HAWK'S PRO SKATER

Please PM me if you are interested in trade.[/QUOTE]
snakes is a free download from nokia ( http://arena.n-gage.com ) it's not available to buy on it's own.

[quote name='ashram']snakes is a free download from nokia ( http://arena.n-gage.com ) it's not available to buy on it's own.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I will try it on my N-gage QD. Eventhough I have psp and ds, I still think N-gage is nice. At least better than my razor.

[quote name='dafunkk12']As I said, I already tried using the settings listed on the N-Gage site, both with and without proxy. I tried changing Authentication to Normal again (and no, I didn't enter a password), but still no luck.

Are you personally able to access T-Zones? Maybe I'm just unlucky.

EDIT: I don't know what happened, but after logging in again and getting an HTTP 500 error, it seems I now have functional internet. Thanks for everyone's assistance! Now to get myself an MMC, Bluetooth adapter for my PC, and some nice apps like Opera.[/QUOTE]
I can have access to tzones. If I want to use the web browser to go to CAG, tmobile pops out that I need sign up a 5.99 monthly web sign-up, Right? In that case, I do not think we can have access to n-gage area without signing up that $5.99 monthly bill.

[quote name='chior']I can have access to tzones. If I want to use the web browser to go to CAG, tmobile pops out that I need sign up a 5.99 monthly web sign-up, Right? In that case, I do not think we can have access to n-gage area without signing up that $5.99 monthly bill.[/QUOTE]
I remember I was able to view CAG, either through the built-in browser or Opera Mini, however the way the site's laid out is not mobile-friendly, so it's not really usable. Just regular T-Zones, not T-MobileWeb or whatever the $6 one is called. I was also able to browse around the N-Gage Arena stuff, but I haven't tried playing a game online yet.

So it turns out the Transcend 1GB MMC that I got from Newegg is fine, it's my USB card reader at home that has problems reading it. Can anyone recommend a reader that works with it?

It works fine through my printer at work that has a built in card reader and the N-Gage recognizes it fine.

Thanks!

The $25 multi-card reader doesnt work with my Palm MMC.
The Free After Rebate (normally $10) SD/MMC reader from Office Max works just fine. It looks like the letter "T". They also had them bundled with the Juicebox Media player media kit that they've been clearanceing out at Target.

I got my transcend MMC card today, but everytime I put it in my N-gage it says "memory card corrupted". My card reader on my PC reads it fine. Do I have a bad card or am I doing something wrong?

[quote name='maccabee72']I got my transcend MMC card today, but everytime I put it in my N-gage it says "memory card corrupted". My card reader on my PC reads it fine. Do I have a bad card or am I doing something wrong?[/QUOTE]

Can you format it on the N-Gage or in your PC? Did you try writing anything to it from the PC?

Wierd it's like the exact opposite problem I had with my Transcend card.

[quote name='K3V']Can you format it on the N-Gage or in your PC? Did you try writing anything to it from the PC?

Wierd it's like the exact opposite problem I had with my Transcend card.[/quote]

It was formatting fine on my PC, but I couldn't get the N-gage to format it. It kept giving me an error and then a corrupt card. I donwloaded a demo onto it after one of my PC formats and it played fine....not sure what's up? Do I need to create any special folders on the card or anything?

[quote name='maccabee72']It was formatting fine on my PC, but I couldn't get the N-gage to format it. It kept giving me an error and then a corrupt card. I donwloaded a demo onto it after one of my PC formats and it played fine....not sure what's up? Do I need to create any special folders on the card or anything?[/QUOTE]

I noticed when I formatted the card on my N-Gage it does put a directory structure on there. Not sure if that's the problem or not.

Do you have another MMC around to try in the N-Gage, just to make sure it doesn't have a problem reading cards in general?

Does anyone have any extra N-Gage games for sale? I've already bought a few from some fellow board members for $4-$5 each. Looking to pay about the same, maybe a few dollars extra for certain titles.

[quote name='K3V']I noticed when I formatted the card on my N-Gage it does put a directory structure on there. Not sure if that's the problem or not.

Do you have another MMC around to try in the N-Gage, just to make sure it doesn't have a problem reading cards in general?[/quote]

No, I wish!

I'm still having no luck. I tried to download some other demos and nothing works. I tried again to format through the N-Gage and I am getting the system error, and corrupt memory card message. I guess this will be going back to newegg. Does anyone know how they are with returns?

[quote name='maccabee72']No, I wish!

I'm still having no luck. I tried to download some other demos and nothing works. I tried again to format through the N-Gage and I am getting the system error, and corrupt memory card message. I guess this will be going back to newegg. Does anyone know how they are with returns?[/QUOTE]
Hmmm. The N-Gage requires the FAT file system (not FAT32). So if you haven't tried it already, try formatting the memory card to FAT on the PC. Then try it in the N-Gage. That's the only thing I can think of.

If anyone is in range of Ann Arbor, check out the Gamestop on Washtenaw Ave (next to Barnes and Noble). It has two milk crates full of games, but you have to ask for them (they're in the back). I grabbed the last QD system (Cingular prepaid) and the last copy of Xanadu (opened shelf copy, but complete), but there's still a lot of good games left.

Here's what I remember seeing, but I'm sure my memory's incomplete.

King of Fighters
Roots (1 copy)
Glimmerati (1 copy)
Bomberman
SonicN
Crash Nitro Kart
SSX
WWE
Puyo Pop
Puzzle Bobble Vs.
Pandemonium
Moto GP
Sims Bustin' Out
NCAA Football
Marcel Soccer
Red Faction
Operation Shadow

I have a $49.99 N-gage QD (prepaid, in blisterpack) that I won't be able to use after all. Is anybody interested?

I also have a crapload of games:

Glimmerati
Pathway to Glory
Spiderman 2
Elder Scrolls
X-Men Legends
Red Faction
Moto GP
Ashen
Bomberman
Operation Shadow
Pocket Kingdom
NCAA Football 2004
Ghost Recon Jungle Storm
SSX
FIFA 2004
Colin McRae 2005
WWE Aftershock
Call of Duty
MLB Slam
Pandemonium
Tiger Woods 2004
Worms World Party
Requiem of Hell
Puyo Pop
Rayman 3
Virtua Tennie
Splinter Cell [edit: corrected; was tired and typed Ghost Recon again]

Please let me know soon if you are interested in any of these. Otherwise, they all go back to Gamestop.

[quote name='D. Monic']Hmmm. The N-Gage requires the FAT file system (not FAT32). So if you haven't tried it already, try formatting the memory card to FAT on the PC. Then try it in the N-Gage. That's the only thing I can think of.
[/quote]

Yes, I did know that about the FAT format, and that is how I formatted through the PC, but I still had no luck with the N-Gage. I already got my return number from newegg, so back it goes:cry:

Found a QD with cingular prepaid at the Gamestop near my home in Davie, FL. They also had the bluetooth headset for 7 bucks. Thanks CAG! I'm gonna unlock this right now.

are u guys using a screen protector for the QD? that plastic sticker came off, now i need to keep it in good condition. either get a screen protector or a case

[quote name='rly723']are u guys using a screen protector for the QD? that plastic sticker came off, now i need to keep it in good condition. either get a screen protector or a case[/quote]

I still have my sticker over mine, but I'm sure I'll eventually have to replace it. I might try buying a Hori and modifying it, unless they make something specifically for the N-Gage...

[quote name='Ozmodiar5000']Found a QD with cingular prepaid at the Gamestop near my home in Davie, FL. They also had the bluetooth headset for 7 bucks. Thanks CAG! I'm gonna unlock this right now.[/QUOTE]

Cool deal.

If I may ask, what does that particular bluetooth headset you bought look like?

I'm just curious.

[quote name='goldbean']I have a $49.99 N-gage QD (prepaid, in blisterpack) that I won't be able to use after all. Is anybody interested?

I also have a crapload of games:

Glimmerati
Pathway to Glory
Spiderman 2
Elder Scrolls
X-Men Legends
Red Faction
Moto GP
Ashen
Bomberman
Operation Shadow
Pocket Kingdom
NCAA Football 2004
Ghost Recon Jungle Storm
SSX
FIFA 2004
Colin McRae 2005
WWE Aftershock
Call of Duty
MLB Slam
Pandemonium
Tiger Woods 2004
Worms World Party
Requiem of Hell
Puyo Pop
Rayman 3
Virtua Tennie
Ghost Recon

Please let me know soon if you are interested in any of these. Otherwise, they all go back to Gamestop.[/QUOTE]

send me a PM on what you are looking at for everything shipped.

I might be interested in them.

i got the msi ft200 (or 100) at newegg for $30 shipped and it works great, but no longer there. just get something you like visually (and audibly)

[quote name='rly723']are u guys using a screen protector for the QD? that plastic sticker came off, now i need to keep it in good condition. either get a screen protector or a case[/quote]

My screen protector hasn't begun come off yet. I wouldn't expect it to anytime soon since I keep it in a case when I'm not using it. I found a $4 Case Logic case at Target that fits the N-Gage perfectly and also has room to store 4 games/MMCs behind the phone.

Sooo I have NCAA Football 2005(sealed), SonicN(cart and display case, no manual), and MLB Slam!(cart only, comes with blank case). I'm looking for Puzzle Bobble VS, and Crash Nitro Kart, and any of the games not sold in stores if anyone actually has those. Trade with me?

mostly it is. now at e3 the ngage is a platform for new nokia phones. so it looks like the end of trikling new games is near (i think like 1 or 2 are still scheduled for release)

New and old N-Gage owners alike should probably make note of the Login for E3 Loot contest. Just login to N-Gage Arena either through the launcher or through a game at least three seperate days between May 9 and June 1 and have a chance at winning one of five Login for E3 Loot prizes (which they haven't disclosed what it includes.)

I'm going to go ahead and make a topic for this in the Contest forum.

An update:

The N-gage QD system is gone. These are the games I have left:

Pathway to Glory
Spiderman 2
Elder Scrolls
X-Men Legends
Red Faction
Moto GP
Ashen
Bomberman
Operation Shadow
Pocket Kingdom
NCAA Football 2004
SSX
FIFA 2004
Colin McRae 2005
WWE Aftershock
Call of Duty
MLB Slam
Tiger Woods 2004
Worms World Party
Rayman 3
Virtua Tennis
Splinter Cell Chaos Theory

PM me ASAP if you would like any of these.

Hello, does anyone have a QD they can acquire? All my EB/GS are sold out. Please let me know if you can buy one/have one etc for me and how much shipped. Thanks, need this ASAP (bday present). I have great feedback on ebay/paypal.

Hey guys!! Question, I know I asked before but I never got a def. answer, How many n gage games are we up to being made? Also here is a big question...

At a Gamestop near me there are 41 different N gage games at 2.99 each. Is it worth it for me to buy 1 of each new? What do you all think?

Mike

a lot of the games have pretty awful ratings.....there are a lot of great ones though. just check out ign or something and get everything rated above a 5 :)

My personal favorites are Worms World Party and Pocket Kingdom.

Long time reader, but almost a non-poster. Just wanted to say thank you VERY very for this thread! I have a first-generation N-Gage, but unfortunately have had the dreaded "white screen of death". I have been looking for an N-gage for the longest time. Unfortunatly for me, I currently live in Greenville, SC, calling literally every single Gamestop/EB within a 150 mile radius, I found out that not a single store had any N-gage unit's left. I was distraught for the longest time, until I found out I have a trip to Toledo, Oh. So I did what I thought any other N-Gage fan would. I printed out a 12 page list of every single GS/EB on my way there. Luckily for me, After calling about 20 EB's, I finally found a store with not one, but two QD's!! If anyone is still interested, the EB games in the mall on Mall Road South in Knoxville Tenessee still has an N-Gage QD Cingular package (comes with a QD, headset, and Cingular Sim card with $10 of credit), which is selling for $49.99. They also have a box in the back with a whole bunch of unopened games. I bought copies of Splinter Cell (the 3D one), The Roots, and King of Fighters, and some others, but there were atleast another 20 games in that box for sale. Luckily for me as well, they had two 64 MB memory cards laying around in the store that they apparently weren't even aware of. When he tried ringing them up, he said there wasn't even a code for them in the system, so I got both of them for a cool $1.00 each.

Also, after getting bored in Toledo, I called a few more EB's, and found out that an EB in Michigan (Ann Arbor, or close to) still has a bunch of accessories(but on headset, I checked), and an N-Gage QD Cingular Pack still available. Also, after calling a few dozen stores, I found out that only the original N-Gage units are on sale for $19.99. All the stores (EB or GS) are selling the QD's for $49.99. Unfortunately, since the original N-Gage was recalled by EB Games back when they were actually supporting it, it is now virtually impossible to get an N-Gage for $19.99 (believe me, I've tried over a half a dozen states). I now finally have my new N-Gage QD, and am so FREAKING happy with it. I still have a few gripes with it, like the "new improved" menu graphics, which are kinda "blech". Also the new joypad is already creaking after only a week of use. Oh well, beggers can't be choosers.

If anyone is still looking for games, I added a few that I recently found to my trade list.

Also, if you live within a reasonable distance of Fuquay-Varina, NC, you should check out the GS there. They have a box full of 40-50 games, including some demos.

bread's done
Back