N-Gage QD $19.99 NEW @ EB B&M + All Games $2.99 ea.

onikage

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
If your EB still has any new N-Gage QDs they should now ring up @ $19.99.
I don't know how much they were before, but this seemed like a pretty good deal.

Also, all new games are now $2.99.

Edit: The QD is $49.99 @ Gamestop.

wow lots of love for the N-gage, this is mind blowing

reminds me of the Virtua Boy hype when it was near death, everyone ran out and bought up the system so they could make their own mods and homebrew ... dunno how that went, im guessing not very well

N-Gage actually runs a very solid OS but never got much traction in the portable gaming space, duh ;) I love my Nokia 6620 phone which is basically an N-Gage without the taco shell :D

[quote name='expane']wow lots of love for the N-gage, this is mind blowing

reminds me of the Virtua Boy hype when it was near death, everyone ran out and bought up the system so they could make their own mods and homebrew ... dunno how that went, im guessing not very well[/QUOTE]

It isn't mind blowing if you've actually used something other than the demo unit. It is a good phone, and the games while now dated are still great for 3 bucks. The VB was a headache inducing piece of crap, the N-Gage is a Nokia 60 series smart phone.

thought I update this if anyone is still interested.

Monday, 9/18, step into local GameStop, Stevens Creek, San Jose, and finds a large surplus of N-Gage games for $2.99. Most are still sealed. I buy 5 games.

Tuesday, 9/19, calls around. GameStop in Dublin, CA has a new QD for $49.99. I go pick it up. Goes back to San Jose store and picks up 10 more games.

Wed, 9/20, today, just minutes ago. Called the Morgan Hill EB, they have 2 left for $49.99 each, but are used in good condition; in case anyone is still interested in these sets. Good luck! [I'm reading this thread from page 1, and just unlocked my phone. Our 1 year Verizon LG phone voice quality sucks.]

edit: almost forgot to mention, there's a vendor at the Berryessa flea market that sells new N-Gage QDs at a bargain.

[quote name='Mospeada_21']thought I update this if anyone is still interested.

Monday, 9/18, step into local GameStop, Stevens Creek, San Jose, and finds a large surplus of N-Gage games for $2.99. Most are still sealed. I buy 5 games.

Tuesday, 9/19, calls around. GameStop in Dublin, CA has a new QD for $49.99. I go pick it up. Goes back to San Jose store and picks up 10 more games.

Wed, 9/20, today, just minutes ago. Called the Morgan Hill EB, they have 2 left for $49.99 each, but are used in good condition; in case anyone is still interested in these sets. Good luck![/QUOTE]

wow san jose is a pretty far drive for me at least50-60 miles away, but if the games are good i might just go there. the other South Bay EB's i went to had nothing at all

So is the N-Gage QD the same as just the N-Gage or are they the same thing? And is this system even worth picking up? What games are for it?

[quote name='rly723']wow san jose is a pretty far drive for me at least50-60 miles away, but if the games are good i might just go there. the other South Bay EB's i went to had nothing at all[/QUOTE]

from what I learned with calling around, all the surrounding EBs/GameStops sent their N-Gage inventory to the Stevens Creek GameStop cause it's the 3rd largest in the state of CA. This location is over-flowing with GC/Xbox/PS2 used games from the current trade-in deal as well.

[quote name='Mospeada_21']from what I learned with calling around, all the surrounding EBs/GameStops sent their N-Gage inventory to the Stevens Creek GameStop cause it's the 3rd largest in the state of CA. This location is over-flowing with GC/Xbox/PS2 used games from the current trade-in deal as well.[/QUOTE]

thank for the info. yeah looks like i could get some good deals on ngage/older xbox games that are 360 backwards compatible hopefully. but around 120+ mi drive back and forth seems like alot of driving so i'll see. the Ngage was fun at first but the novelty wore off for me lol. i do use it as a phone, but rarely play games on it anymore. but my collection only consists of 7 games lol

[quote name='rly723']thank for the info. yeah looks like i could get some good deals on ngage/older xbox games that are 360 backwards compatible hopefully. but around 120+ mi drive back and forth seems like alot of driving so i'll see. the Ngage was fun at first but the novelty wore off for me lol. i do use it as a phone, but rarely play games on it anymore. but my collection only consists of 7 games lol[/QUOTE]

I'd try calling all the local EBs/GameStops within a 30-40 mile radius and see what happens.

update: 9/21, picked up 8 more new N-Gage games at the San Leandro, CA EB.

up to 23 new N-gage titles in 4 days, all $2.99 each. sweet! (2xKoF & 2xX-MenLegends for some bluetooth action) [now on to find a 2nd QD]

120+ miles round trip ain't bad, if it's worth it to ya. I've taken day trips to Sears Point in Sonoma, and that's easily 176+ miles round trip. Also done the Reno run under 21 hours, 510+ miles round trip. [but that's another story]

went back to the GameStop on Stevens Creek, San Jose, CA today.

Picked up 5 more games for myself, and 5 others for my buddy. He's more into cell phones than me, so I'm helping him find a QD this weekend.

btw, I'm been reading every post in this thread, up to page 23 so far, and it seems Xanadu Next is somewhat 'rare?'

well, Stevens Creek GameStop has 5 more Xanadu Next new, factory sealed, if anyone is interested. (the game pile is in two separate places)

Even for $20 I'm not gonna waste my time or money on them... I'd rather spend $10 more for a nice new DS game :D

[quote name='Rozz']Even for $20 I'm not gonna waste my time or money on them... I'd rather spend $10 more for a nice new DS game :D[/QUOTE]

Good for you. You can spend that money on whatever bullshit cd those poseurs in your sig put out. And you can go wait outside the store between now and then. That way you won't be able to troll here.

[quote name='bostonfrontier']most cell phones have better games than the NGage[/QUOTE]

I beg to differ. I find that the n-gage games are quite awesome when it comes to games on a cell phone. Rifts is an incredible RPG and the free game Snakes blows the door off of most other casual cell phone games I've seen.

But each to their own.

[quote name='mykevermin']Good for you. You can spend that money on whatever bullshit cd those poseurs in your sig put out. And you can go wait outside the store between now and then. That way you won't be able to troll here.[/QUOTE]

I'd rather spend the $20 on a lapdance....... I'd get more enjoyment form that than having the Ngage

[quote name='bostonfrontier']I'd rather spend the $20 on a lapdance....... I'd get more enjoyment form that than having the Ngage[/QUOTE]

paying for a lap dance lol

good luck

[quote name='mykevermin']Good for you. You can spend that money on whatever bullshit cd those poseurs in your sig put out. And you can go wait outside the store between now and then. That way you won't be able to troll here.[/quote]
Poseurs :roll: Have you even heard Deady's first album? I cant think of a single band that sounds like it. Just because I dont want to waste $20 on a shitty system that has no games that I'd play? fuck off, asswipe. Go listen to your Jay-Z and Good Charlotte pop-punk albums.

You sound like VanillaGorilla where no one has a right to express their opinion on a video game message board.

[quote name='Rozz']Poseurs :roll: Have you even heard Deady's first album? I cant think of a single band that sounds like it. Just because I dont want to waste $20 on a shitty system that has no games that I'd play? fuck off, asswipe. Go listen to your Jay-Z and Good Charlotte pop-punk albums.

You sound like VanillaGorilla where no one has a right to express their opinion on a video game message board.[/QUOTE]

There's a difference between expressing an opinion and trolling in a thread, blanket calling it and everything on it a piece of shit.

Couple that with your "I wouldn't waste my time" on it argument, you're a fool, too. You'd rather piss and moan about something you (1) don't have, (2) don't want and (3) never played than something do you want or do like. You're a fucking genius.

[quote name='mykevermin']There's a difference between expressing an opinion and trolling in a thread, blanket calling it and everything on it a piece of shit.

Couple that with your "I wouldn't waste my time" on it argument, you're a fool, too. You'd rather piss and moan about something you (1) don't have, (2) don't want and (3) never played than something do you want or do like. You're a fucking genius.[/quote]

I didnt piss and mone about anything. I cant think of a single N-Gage release that I would like, and I can go down the entire list of games avaialble for it and give you an explanitation about why I dont like each individual title. If you dont enjoy SNK releases, why would you buy a Neo-Geo? Same valid logic. Maybe if you thought a minute you would have realized that, but I guess you are too busy trying to whine and cry about everything when there is no problem in the first place. Judging a band but their image is far worse because you have no idea what they sound like. Your logic fails. Go home. Have a good night.

[quote name='Rozz']I didnt piss and mone about anything. I cant think of a single N-Gage release that I would like, and I can go down the entire list of games avaialble for it and give you an explanitation about why I dont like each individual title. If you dont enjoy SNK releases, why would you buy a Neo-Geo? Same valid logic. Maybe if you thought a minute you would have realized that, but I guess you are too busy trying to whine and cry about everything when there is no problem in the first place. Judging a band but their image is far worse because you have no idea what they sound like. Your logic fails. Go home. Have a good night.[/QUOTE]

I have plenty idea of what they sound like. They're derivative both musically and aesthetically, and they're not creativein the slightest, unless you consider the boring and wornout bridge between "emo" and "metal" to be a path carved by them and them alone. But I digress. It's neither here nor there whether I've heard them or not.

I regret to say something along the lines of "NO! YOUR LOGIC FAILS!" More regretfully, it's true enough that I feel required to say it.

No. Your logic fails. It does because, while your NEO-GEO analogy is correct (though they have fine fighting games, I'd argue), it fails because...

...because I don't make posts in the NEO-GEO thread, if there is one, about howI don't like the NEO-GEO. It's apples and oranges, kid. You came in here waving your ass around like your opinion mattered, and the only thing you brought was your stinky shit of an opinion. An opinion, mind you, that only served the purpose of trying to piss people off. If you don't like the N-Gage,fine. I dare you to stop posting here if that's the case. Go get involved in threads that matter to you. In the meantime, I still won't be posting in the NEO-GEO thread.

[quote name='mykevermin']I have plenty idea of what they sound like. They're derivative both musically and aesthetically, and they're not creativein the slightest, unless you consider the boring and wornout bridge between "emo" and "metal" to be a path carved by them and them alone. But I digress. It's neither here nor there whether I've heard them or not.

I regret to say something along the lines of "NO! YOUR LOGIC FAILS!" More regretfully, it's true enough that I feel required to say it.

No. Your logic fails. It does because, while your NEO-GEO analogy is correct (though they have fine fighting games, I'd argue), it fails because...

...because I don't make posts in the NEO-GEO thread, if there is one, about howI don't like the NEO-GEO. It's apples and oranges, kid. You came in here waving your ass around like your opinion mattered, and the only thing you brought was your stinky shit of an opinion. An opinion, mind you, that only served the purpose of trying to piss people off. If you don't like the N-Gage,fine. I dare you to stop posting here if that's the case. Go get involved in threads that matter to you. In the meantime, I still won't be posting in the NEO-GEO thread.[/quote]

I dont know what you heard by them but you cant clasify them as 'emo' or 'metal' (I dont know of any bands that sound like them, though i've only heard one song off their new album), but I'm not gonna even go there. I'm not gonna waste any more time here...

okay....

well, I thought Super Monkey Ball and King of Fighters Extreme were really fun so far.

anyone use the multi-player bluetooth feature, yet?

Anyone seen any of the systems in an Atlanta area store? I checked out a few, but could only find some sports games. I am interested in some of these titles, and would love to pick one up for $20.

[quote name='Chuplayer']This is the first time in like ever that I've given a shit about the N-Gage.

Still, I'm not buying it. Instead, I'm laughing at myself for even giving a shit about it for two seconds.[/quote]

Wow, I went through that exact same process.

[quote name='Mospeada_21']okay....

well, I thought Super Monkey Ball and King of Fighters Extreme were really fun so far.

anyone use the multi-player bluetooth feature, yet?[/QUOTE]

used it for snakes and splinter cell.

works well enough.

why the fuck does anyone give a crap about the n-gage? i mean, seriously. i wouldn't get an n-gage if it were free with unlimited free crap to go with it, like free games and free cell phone service.

ok, maybe that's an exageration. but honestly.

[quote name='gmunchkin']why the fuck does anyone give a crap about the n-gage? i mean, seriously. i wouldn't get an n-gage if it were free with unlimited free crap to go with it, like free games and free cell phone service.

ok, maybe that's an exageration. but honestly.[/QUOTE]

Why do you make worthless posts? Why did your parents have the same last name before they got married? Some questions are just better left unanswered is why.

update:

okay, I met up with my buddy and his gal this morning. he takes out his active t-mobile sim card, pops it into the unlocked QD, and the QD works just like his t-mobile phone, sweet. [we only had to adjust the volume on the QD]

we head back to the flea market vendor selling new QDs. His asking price is $95! damn! more than we're willing to pay, but hey this IS flea market, so let's negotiate. Our first offer was $60. No go, and we walked away.

side discussion follows. we head back after checking out other vendors for another 20 minutes. how'bout $70? vendor says he paid $75, but he'll do $85. we tell him we want more than one, maybe 2 to 3 more. (this is true) the vendor only had one with him at this point. We settle on $80, and my friend is ecstatic. the vendor and I exchange numbers to get more later.

quick stop at the Stevens Creek GameStop to get more accessories and games for my friend. (I get one for CAG onikage; CAG tomwaits1 I'll get yours on Monday)

just now, I helped my buddy walkthrough unlocking his new QD! success on the first try! he's on his t-mobile with his QD! yeah!

I'm gonna try to get a couple more from the vendor later; probably pay $80, or $70 if we're lucky. sweet gadget!

[quote name='azeledge']I beg to differ. I find that the n-gage games are quite awesome when it comes to games on a cell phone. Rifts is an incredible RPG and the free game Snakes blows the door off of most other casual cell phone games I've seen.

But each to their own.[/quote]
I totally agree. When I first played an ngage I was thoroughly unimpressed. I figured I would rather have one GC or GBA game than 5 ngage games. But then I thought about it as a phone and when viewed from that perspective the games are actually pretty impressive.
It is worth it to me because it is a phone, which I almost always have with me (unlike my GBA, which I rarely ever take with me) that I can play for very short periods of time (again, I don't think the GBA quite fits in this category).
And Rayman and Snakes are awesome...

If I were on GSM I'd actually consider getting one... too bad CDMA actually have good coverage in my area and all my buddies are on Verizon

final update:

Monday 9/25, my buddy and I get together and try out some x-men legends via bluetooth. sweet! he hosts and hogs wolverine the whole time. I join and switch off between Iceman and Cyclops. We get an ass whoppin' from the Blob, Mystique, and Avalanche on both tries. (I've finished on the console version and wanted to see how this compared)

Today, 9/27, the vendor from the flea market calls. I meet up with him locally, and pick up my second QD unit along with 4 more games. (finally, I get Glimmerati!) proceeds to unlock the sim restriction immediately once I got home.

okay, this vendor has 2 more new N-Gage QDs in the clam shell packaging (w/$10 Cingular pre-paid versions). He is pretty firm on the $80 price, and is willing to hold those 2 for me for another 2 weeks. If any CAGs here would like this, please make arrangements with me via PM, and I will gladly get them for you.

Please note: I cannot front $80 for you. remember you must cover cost of phone + packaging + shipping + delivery confirmation. the rest, my favor for you. thanks!

edit: just spent an hour trying out KoF Ex via 2-player bluetooth, very nice, virtually no lag; very playable. also, tested 1st track on Glimmerati solo; fun game on the go! nice.

[quote name='Mospeada_21'] tested 1st track on Glimmerati solo; fun game on the go! nice.[/QUOTE]

Glimmerati is probably the best N-Gage game out there, pretty impressive.

[quote name='yoursisterspretty']pretty impressive.[/QUOTE]

true. I agree I have been quite surprised with some of the N-Gage titles. It might be fair to say that the unit itself wasn't given a fair chance due to Nokia's plans, or just the price of admission in the beginning.

My picks of the litter:

Bomberman - classic bomberman
Rayman 3 - Classic Rayman, BRIGHT colors and pretty good controls
Glimmerati - NES micro-machines style racer with a twist of booby
Pathway to Glory - Stratagy War shooter thingy. Surprisingly well done and detailed
Pocket Kingdom - Funny, retarded semi-RPG
Tony Hawk- It's Tony Hawk...on your phone.
SSX - Yet again, surprisingly well done. More 3d than the GBA versions...closer to home versions

Stay away from:
Puzzle Bobble Vs - CRAP. The version you can DL to your phone is better, or is at least not as crappy.
Elder Scrolls: Shadowkey - Bad controls, bad graphics (5 foot draw distance)...just no fun.

[quote name='Mospeada_21']true. I agree I have been quite surprised with some of the N-Gage titles. It might be fair to say that the unit itself wasn't given a fair chance due to Nokia's plans, or just the price of admission in the beginning.[/QUOTE]

I always think it was due to the fact that the entire industry was very not interested in new things back then (xbox was still proving itself, and some people were still saying it was doomed) AND especially since the first one had taco talk, and had to take the battery out to change games, thus becoming the laughing stock of the industry, so even though the QD fixed the major problems, it was too late.

[quote name='Heyricochet']I always think it was due to the fact that the entire industry was very not interested in new things back then (xbox was still proving itself, and some people were still saying it was doomed) AND especially since the first one had taco talk, and had to take the battery out to change games, thus becoming the laughing stock of the industry, so even though the QD fixed the major problems, it was too late.[/QUOTE]

I think it was really the original and all the of the design mistakes that destroyed the marked for the N-Gage. Once that QD came out though and fixed all the problems I had to have one. In fact I drove 2 hours away to the nearest GameStop that had one and paid $200 for one. $200!!!! I'm still enjoying it today, mostly because its a Series 60 smartphone and secondly because of Snakes & Tony Hawk. I can't imagine not being able to have multiple programs open on a phone anymore at the same time and being able to flip through them. And copy and pasting text? Awesome. So yes I use my QD way too much, especially internet usage. I've already blown through 300MB this month, good thing I pay for unlimited usage.

[quote name='yoursisterspretty']I can't imagine not being able to have multiple programs open on a phone anymore at the same time and being able to flip through them. And copy and pasting text? Awesome. So yes I use my QD way too much, especially internet usage. I've already blown through 300MB this month, good thing I pay for unlimited usage.[/QUOTE]

you seem well versed with the QD. can you give some of us newbs tips with it?

for example: if I have a game save on one QD, can I transfer that to another QD via bluetooth? more importantly, if yes, how? thanks!

[quote name='Mospeada_21']you seem well versed with the QD. can you give some of us newbs tips with it?

for example: if I have a game save on one QD, can I transfer that to another QD via bluetooth? more importantly, if yes, how? thanks![/QUOTE]

You'll need a program called FExplorer. Its just like Windows Explorer or OS X's Finder. The save files are in C:\system\apps\ You can send them through bluetooth that way. FExplorer was free last time I checked (just google it), but I have to say that was a long time ago. FExplorer is pretty much a required app if you ask me, especially if you have a memory card.

I know you can back saves up via memory card, but I've never done that.

[quote name='yoursisterspretty']You'll need a program called FExplorer. Its just like Windows Explorer or OS X's Finder. The save files are in C:\system\apps\ You can send them through bluetooth that way. FExplorer was free last time I checked (just google it), but I have to say that was a long time ago. FExplorer is pretty much a required app if you ask me, especially if you have a memory card.

I know you can back saves up via memory card, but I've never done that.[/QUOTE]

thanks, ysp!

it sounds like to get full usage out of the QD, I'll need to add:

1) MMC
2) MMC card reader
3) this FExplorer file you mentioned.

anything else?

bread's done
Back