N64+19 games

Oberman

CAGiversary!
I'm currently in negotiations from someone in my area on craigslist that is wanting to sell a N64 (the pokemon version) and some games. I'm not too sure of the price though, so I was wondering if I could get some help with pricing.

I told him that $50 for the console itself was too much, that I'd be willing to pay $60 for it and the games which he didn't accept. Here's a list of the games that he wants to sell for it, I need some suggestions on prices.

Mario Party 2
007 Golden eye
3d hockey
Episode 1 star racer
Wwf no mercy
Madden 2001
Tony Hawks Pro Skater 2
Road Rash
Killer Instinct
Mario Party 3
007 The world is not enough
Mace the Dark age
Ready 2 Rumble Boxing
Donkey Kong
NBA Live 99
Namco Museum
WCW Revenge
Pokeman Stadium
Tony Hawks Pro Skater 3

Well I offered $60 which I knew he would refuse, but he countered with $75 for the console and
Road Rash
Killer Instinct
Madden 2001
Tony Hawks Pro Skater 3
007 Golden eye
Episode 1 star racer
3d hockey
Wwf no mercy
Mace the Dark age
which, ofcourse, doesn't include any of the mario party games. I just need a couple of pricing suggestions so I can send off another offer

You can find those games for $1-5 at stores or ebay. The n64 is about $20-30. If you really really want it, offer what ever you think is fair. Ebay is another route (as usual)

To put things in perspective.... I bought 3 N64s when I worked at EB and we cleared them out for $8 a piece -- all factory refubished. Past that I purchased every single game on your list, yes every single one, at a dollar store in my area for, well... $1 each.

Grand total? $8 + $19 = $27 + 6% sales tax = $29.

$60 is MORE than fair.....

Oh.. and...[quote name='Oberman']Well I offered $60 which I knew he would refuse, but he countered with $75 for the console and
Road Rash
Killer Instinct
Madden 2001
Tony Hawks Pro Skater 3
007 Golden eye
Episode 1 star racer
3d hockey
Wwf no mercy
Mace the Dark age
which, ofcourse, doesn't include any of the mario party games. I just need a couple of pricing suggestions so I can send off another offer[/quote]Just say no.

He obviously knows his stuff on Ebay since he took out the Mario Party's, he's just trying to rip you off at this point.

I'd stay away. This, however, coming from a guy who's owned an N64 for years. It depends how much you want one, and the availability of other means for getting one. I'd call this deal "just barely fair," and that's being generous.

I thought so. I fired back an email for all 19 games and the console for $70...but I don't htink I'll be hearing back from him.

Yep, he knows the value of his stuff (or at least knows what's worth something and what isn't) and you won't be getting a less than fair value deal from him. Time to cut bait.

bread's done
Back