N64 Controllers?

smalien1

CAGiversary!
Feedback
17 (100%)
Wanna get some good ole' fashioned Goldeneye multiplayer going in my dorm room, but only have one controller.
I checked eBay, and they're all 3rd party, with the occasional official one for 20-25 dollars.
Where can I get cheaper?

[quote name='Mafiacrooks']Get the Third party.....they will work anyway[/quote]

Do this and you'll need to serve many hunks of cheese at your whine party. There's nothing more classic than people complaining about their crappy 3rd party controller being the reason why they can't get a headshot anymore (the real reason being that most of us haven't played it for many years and aren't used to the subtle nudging required).

Online probably won't be the best place to get them. Check any local mom & pop video game stores if you have any.

Once you've invested in 3 more controllers, go ahead and plunk down a bit more for an N64 Expansion Pack and Perfect Dark.

If you can't complete your N64 quest, go for something like Timesplitters 2 or 3 on the PS2. It's just as satisfying as the golden days, but has better graphics and undead monkeys.

Flea markets and garage sales. And if they're selling it as a bundle, don't be afraid to ask for just the controller.

There's a few on Ebay that would be $15 or so shipped:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Nintendo-64-N64-Controller-in-Great-Condition-Official_W0QQitemZ140294777829QQcmdZViewItemQQptZVideo_Games_Accessories?hash=item140294777829&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2|65%3A15|39%3A1|240%3A1318

Of course, you could always do what I did: get an N64 emulator, a Goldeneye ROM, and Microsoft's wireless gaming receiver and play using wireless Xbox 360 controllers. And for a bonus, hookup your laptop to your HDTV via HDMI.

But the N64 controllers are really great. Best of luck with your hunt.

bread's done
Back