N64 Memory Card Question

[quote name='mr_pollock']Did Nintendo ever release an official 1MB Memory Card for the N64?

I know that the standard gray memory card is 256k, but I've found a 1MB Memory Card for the N64 on ConsoleSource.com. Any chance of it being first party?

1 MB Cart = http://consolesource.com/ecomm/customer/product.php?productid=237&cat=87&page=1

256k Cart = http://consolesource.com/ecomm/customer/product.php?productid=236&cat=87&page=1[/QUOTE]
I don't think so. I think Nintendo only put out one N64 controller pack, and it was really small.

I was in fact just being sad yesterday about how a cartridge-based system had games that required a memory card.

Siiighhhh, Nintendo....

I also think they only made the one size card, which is the best card, IMO. Those third-party cards are crap.

It was very rare that I ever found a game that needed a memory card. What game are you purchasing that for?

I used it to transfer player saves in Perfect Dark, but that was it.

[quote name='ZForce915']It was very rare that I ever found a game that needed a memory card. What game are you purchasing that for?

I used it to transfer player saves in Perfect Dark, but that was it.[/QUOTE]

Backup saves for Ogre Battle 64, Goemon's Great Adventure, Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon, Gauntlet Legends 64, and one more I can't think of right now.

Yep.

[quote name='greyzieoriental']i know bomberman 64 had a save option for custom characters
i got 2 64 mem cards for 25cents each at TRU during the 90% sale[/QUOTE]
PS1 3rd party memory cards are notorious for erasures. I'm not sure if the same applies to N64 cards, but it's a good idea to follow the instructions for the cards to the 't'. For example, if it says "Don't turn off your system while the memory card is inserted", then make sure you follow it. I've 'had to' play through Suikoden and Castlevania SotN many times due to erasures. At least those are two of my favorite games, so it could have been worse.

I remember having all kinds of problems with the official n64 memory card. I had it erase itself 3 or 4 times, I even went so far as to permanently leave it in one of my controllers and I still had it get erased.

Hold the start button on the controller as you turn on a game that supports the controller pack.

bread's done
Back