N64 on Gamecube

smalien1

CAGiversary!
Feedback
17 (100%)
I just saw a poll on Nintendo's home page about whether or not you would like an adaptor to play N64 games on the GC and how much you would pay for it, if this comes out it would be pretty bitchin'

I wouldn't pay anything, I already have an N64, and would rather buy a new one for 10 bucks than pay for an adapter.

[quote name='bignick']Id like to see an all in 1 adapter. That would kick ass.[/quote]

Agreed. If they're going to whine about people downloading roms, at least give some kind of support for their old games/systems. An all-in-one adapter would be a good start.

They dont need a 64 adapter, i rarely see a N64 for more than 25. What they should make is an SNES or NES adapter, that i would pay a bit of money for.

Hey everyone should go there and vote for 39...while i know it doesnt seem that great, this is actually an item that people have a say in. If we all vote yes 39 they will most likely consider it and then we can all wait for a price drop being the CAGs we are. The more you can do on the system the merrier and even if you dont like the idea, it wouldnt hurt to support those who do since its not taking much time or any money out of your pocket.

[quote name='bignick']Id like to see an all in 1 adapter. That would kick ass.[/quote]

Doesn't anyone who's ever owned a Nintendo system want one of these? That would be the ultimate system! Provide ports for all of the old controllers, and you've got yourself one hulluva console! I would pay a lot of money for one.

[quote name='Rig'][quote name='bignick']Id like to see an all in 1 adapter. That would kick ass.[/quote]

Doesn't anyone who's ever owned a Nintendo system want one of these? That would be the ultimate system! Provide ports for all of the old controllers, and you've got yourself one hulluva console! I would pay a lot of money for one.[/quote]

Good idea! A universal adapter!!!

[quote name='jputahraptor']Good luck finding N64 games if you don't already own them. Well nintendo will just rerelease them, it's what there best at, rehashing.[/quote]

I'm still looking for a cheap price on Mario Party 3. Can't believe I passed that one up! It is expensive everywhere I see it. It is one of the few N-64 games I still need, well, of the good games.

a few of the games I might be interested in but since I dont have any of the cartridges and none of the ones I'd want can be bought anymore I'd rather they just port the games over in a similar fashion to the Sega ages line of games.

Budget collections of the Cruisin' games, maybe a Treasure collection with Mischief Makers and finally bring Sin and Punishment to the US since it's already IN english (hell it was meant for us according to Treasure) But then you;d have to release a new controller.

Oh man, this would be so swet. Yeag, an N64 is all well and good, but changing systems/hookups sucks. I'd rather flick a switch on an adapter and save all the clutter.

It will never happen. Nintendo doesn't sell N64 carts anymore, so there is no benefit for the company, and they aren't about to produce more carts when discs are so much cheaper to manufacture.

That will happen, it's just going to be a year or so after it comes out, like they did with the Gameboy Advance and then the SP. But they'll fix some of the problems of the first one.

Themarket forthis verges on zero and unless Nintendo intends to offer new purchases of N64 titles, perhaps via flash memory storage as seen on the iQue, it makes absolutely no sense for them to bother. Just bringing the iQue to the US market for around $50 would make much more sense since this would let them get involved in the markets Jakks and Radica have found for all-in-one revival packages.

Imagine if somebody suggested making an SNES adapter for the GC at the same time reworked SNES games were selling millions on the GBA. How pointless would that have been. With the DS a similar situation will be in place. That, and the potential of releasing upgraded N64 hits on the GameCube, as seen with Zelda's pre-order bonus, offer the chance of real revenue rather than a novelty for a very small subset of the market.

[quote name='Rig'][quote name='jputahraptor']Good luck finding N64 games if you don't already own them. Well nintendo will just rerelease them, it's what there best at, rehashing.[/quote]

I'm still looking for a cheap price on Mario Party 3. Can't believe I passed that one up! It is expensive everywhere I see it. It is one of the few N-64 games I still need, well, of the good games.[/quote]

I saw a copy at a game store that was in great condition with the manual for $20. If that is something you might want, email or PM and I'll see if I can hook you up.

[quote name='guessed']It will never happen. Nintendo doesn't sell N64 carts anymore, so there is no benefit for the company, and they aren't about to produce more carts when discs are so much cheaper to manufacture.[/quote]

I think it could come out for two reasons

1) This would allow them to make money. And every company is about that.

2) I want them to.

[quote name='projecteightysix']I think they should just release N64 classics ports to gamecube discs. the zelda games are sweet on it.[/quote]

Sometimes there are problems when doing this. The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask on the Collector's Edition disc has freezing problems.

I don't understand why anyone would want one, even if it came out at the cheapest price they were considering on the website (39$). It's still almost TWICE as much as an actual N64 system!!!

For people complaing about switching systems, I just leave my N64 plugged in sitting next to my other consoles, if I want to play it I take couple steps, reach behind my N64 and pull out the RF box, extend my arm a little bit and stick it in the back of my N64. It takes all of about 6 seconds to accomplish this exhausting task.

[quote name='jimbodan']I don't understand why anyone would want one, even if it came out at the cheapest price they were considering on the website (39$). It's still almost TWICE as much as an actual N64 system!!!

For people complaing about switching systems, I just leave my N64 plugged in sitting next to my other consoles, if I want to play it I take couple steps, reach behind my N64 and pull out the RF box, extend my arm a little bit and stick it in the back of my N64. It takes all of about 6 seconds to accomplish this exhausting task.[/quote]

Or you could pick up a switch box and not even put in that much effort like I do. Walmart sells the non super-deluxe pelican box for $20 which allows for five systems and connects through component or RF.

I would rather use an adapter then clutter the area with another system lying around.. plus, the contollers I have are very worn and buying new ones would be 30 plus shipping through Nintnedo's site .

Even though I am a cheap arse, I would probably pay for many of my favorite N64 games once again on GameCube discs if the presentation was nice. Nicer than those excuses of NES games for the GBA.

Quote:My local EBGames has tons of used n64 games.

think they have paper mario 1 id paypal you the money ???

[quote name='jputahraptor']Good luck finding N64 games if you don't already own them. Well nintendo will just rerelease them, it's what there best at, rehashing.[/quote]

Wah! Wah! My favorite console maker hasn't been around long enough to release rehashes! Wah! Wah!

Give them some time, Sony'll be doing that shortly with the PSP.

I don't think I'd buy one. I still have my N64 hooked up, and I don't think the GameCube controller would work well on a lot of N64 games. However, I'd buy a SNES/NES adapter in a second. The controller would work for this, and I don't have either system hooked up anymore.

[quote name='bignick']Id like to see an all in 1 adapter. That would kick ass.[/quote]This would convince me to buy a GC system if they made this adaptor.

I'd be happy if they just released compilation discs. The C-Stick is pretty strange when playing things that used the C-buttons as additional inputs (like items in Zelda), but serviceable. Plus, some of those Goldeneye control schemes could make it dual analog!

I would pick one up or even would take an all in one adapter. But like epobirs and others have said, financially it isn't feasible. They probably would lose more money than they would gain as cartridges cost more to produce and if mroe people bought it surely they would have to, but htne it would also cut back in their re-releases and ports to thier other systems.

I wouldn't mind even if they just came out with more of those compilation disks. I wonder how many NES or SNES games they could possibly fit on a GCN disk. If they must re-release other stuff, maybe they would re-release the 4-in-1 Ze3lda compilation as that is pretyt expensive and I would love one. A compilation of some N64 games would also be nice to see, such as games like Sin and Punishment (I played this at an import store way back and it was an awesome rail-shooter) or add Doshin the Giant.

[quote name='levi333']They dont need a 64 adapter, i rarely see a N64 for more than 25. What they should make is an SNES or NES adapter, that i would pay a bit of money for.[/quote]

That would be some awesome logic... if NES and SNES systems weren't anywhere from 5-15 dollars.

[quote name='Sartori'][quote name='levi333']They dont need a 64 adapter, i rarely see a N64 for more than 25. What they should make is an SNES or NES adapter, that i would pay a bit of money for.[/quote]

That would be some awesome logic... if NES and SNES systems weren't anywhere from 5-15 dollars.[/quote]

Haven't priced working NES systems recently, have you?
I'd be happy to just find someone selling new pin-connectors for the NES for $5.

I believe my n64 is in my dresser drawer collecting dust, so I really have no use for such an adapter, I can just hook up the 64 if I really want to play it. Although an all-in-one adapater would be pretty sweet. Especially considering my dad and brother have both the super nintendos these days.

Just curious, are old NES and SNES systems starting to go bad? If Nintendo isn't making any new ones, that means eventually the only way you'll be able to play NES games is via things like adapters (and of course re-releases).

I'm thinking while there might not be much point in an N64 player now, 10-15 years from now there might be, if the chips and connectors on N64 systems degrade enough. Old electronics *do* break, sadly.

I would like an adaptor just so I could play all the high quality N64 First-Person Shooters with a dual analog controller (which would be with my PS-GC Controller Adaptor). But I would prefer if I could just get a PS-N64 Controller Adaptor.

We had this discussion already, and while I own both a GC and N64, they wouldn't really make much of a profit, since carts are expensive to produce, and N64 games are getting harder to find.

A player isn't such a hot idea, since the good N64 carts are hard to find for a reasonable price. However, it would be a good idea to rerelease some of the better N64 games for the GC. Ideally for either a budget price, or with updated graphics and sounds. Of course, being Nintendo, they'd likely be straight ports selling for full price. Still, it would be nice to play Paper Mario, or some of the older Mario Parties, not to mention Goldeneye and the underrated Tetrisphere.

bread's done
Back