namco guns guncon games compatibility

strangelove

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (80%)
Here we go. I want to play point blank games. I have a playstation 2. will they play on the ps2, and if so, can I use my guncon2 guns, or do I need the regular guns.

I believe you need the original Guncon to play PS1 Guncon games because the GunCon2 is USB based and the PS1 GunCon games weren't programmed with those in mind.

thats correct. Guncon 2 doesnt work with Guncon 1 games. In Japan they did release Point Blank 1-3 and time crisis on one dvd that supports guncon 2

[quote name='62t']thats correct. Guncon 2 doesnt work with Guncon 1 games. In Japan they did release Point Blank 1-3 and time crisis on one dvd that supports guncon 2[/QUOTE]

Yup, I have that game and the title of it is Gunvari Collection.

^Wish they would release that in the U.S.!
I missed out on the original Time Crisis and the Point Blank series.

Still hoping for an official Guncon 2 that works on LCD screens.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']

Still hoping for an official Guncon 2 that works on LCD screens.[/QUOTE]

Sadly, not going to happen. :\

Kinda sucks that I have a bunch of guncon 1+2 games that I can't play anymore on my TV.

By kinda, I mean it really sucks. :(

Edit: I am thinking about getting one of those LCD light guns from playasia. Does anyone have one and would like to tell me if it is worth the price?

[quote name='62t']thats correct. Guncon 2 doesnt work with Guncon 1 games. In Japan they did release Point Blank 1-3 and time crisis on one dvd that supports guncon 2[/quote]

Could always go the 3rd party route.
It's what i did and I have 2 guns I can use w/ Guncon 1+2 games.
Sadly the only game I have is Point Blank though.

bread's done
Back