Name a movie sequel that is better than the original

[quote name='WeaponX2099']
28 Weeks Later (28 days later sequel)[/quote]

Whaaa??? I absolutely love both films but the 1st is far superior.

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']I'm surprised so many people have said Aliens. Granted they are two very different movies and Aliens is a great ass-kicking movie, nothing to me is scarier or more original than Alien.[/quote]

Very different movies, so I love them for different reasons, but I think Aliens is slightly better.

[quote name='johnnypark']Whaaa??? I absolutely love both films but the 1st is far superior.
[/quote]

I love both of them too, both I just watched 28 weeks later, so I'm slightly leaning that way now.

28 Days Later = too much attempted rape, not enough zombies.

The alternate ending storyboards with commentary were awesome-silly, though.

"We have water!" "I already have water!" "Come out!" "No." "BLOOD TRANSFUSION!"

Lion King 2...haha just kidding =p Lion King 1 1/2 was funny but nothing can touch the original Lion King movie in the series ^_^ This coming from a Goomba who say it 15 times (4 times in the theatres no less...yes I was obsessive as a kid).

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']I'm surprised so many people have said Aliens. Granted they are two very different movies and Aliens is a great ass-kicking movie, nothing to me is scarier or more original than Alien.[/QUOTE]
This.

Die Hard 2 sucked. A lot.

The Two Towers was by far the weakest of the three.

Back to the Future II was never intended to be made--the ending of the original was supposed to be a joke. Granted, I watched it every day for about three years as a kid, but it just can't stand up to the first.

I really can't think of anything other than The Empire Strikes Back. Maybe Spider-Man 2, but even that's a toss-up. I guess I thought Scary Movie 2 was better than the first, but come on.

[quote name='Nolimits']
Desperado (sequel to El Mariachi)[/quote]

That reminds me... Once Upon a Time in Mexico kicks major ass, I enjoyed it more than Desperado. Both William Defoe and Johnny Depp give amazing performances.

Empire Strikes Back
LOTR: Two Towers/Return of the King
Terminator 2
Spiderman 2 (just by a hair)
Clone Wars/Revenge of the Sith (since the first movie was garbage)

A lot of people said Blade 2 but I thought it was about even with Blade 1. Blade 3 sucked donkey balls though...

[quote name='Segasonic01']You have got to be fucking kidding me.[/quote]

This is one of the one's I have to agree with. I enjoyed Scary Movie 3 more than 2 for one reason or another.

Ghostbusters 2

robocop 2 was definelty better than robocop 1. that evil robocop was the shit.home alone 2 was also better than home alone 1. and again i will say dawn of the dead over night of the living dead. and porkys 2 was better than porkys 1........but they were all awesome in their own way.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']Says the person who put X3 above the first two.[/quote]

Says the dumbass that couldn't tell the smile made it a joke, more so because I have never even seen it.

[quote name='Chacrana']Scary Movie 3.[/quote]

Haha, very funny. We all know everything past 2 is utter garbage and is not suitable to be watched by human beings.

[quote name='bigdaddy']Says the dumbass that couldn't tell the smile made it a joke, more so because I have never even seen it.[/quote]

Because a smiley is recognized around the world as the symbol of sarcasm, correct? You twat.

[quote name='georox']Haha, very funny. We all know everything past 2 is utter garbage and is not suitable to be watched by human beings.[/quote]
I agree.

This makes me want a thread about game sequals that are better then the original, but that's pretty much the case every game series.

Terminator 2 for sure.

The 2nd Rob Zombie movie, Devil's Rejects was much better than House of 1000 Corpses (though that might not be saying much). I think it was pretty much a direct sequel.

[quote name='kennistond']Indiana Jones and The Temple of Doom.

It's a prequel but a kinda sequel.[/quote]

Nothing is better than Raiders. Nothing.

I just thought I would mention that spiderman 2 was shit compared to the first one. I don't watch too many movies but I know shit when i see it.
T2 was much better than the original.

Eh, Spiderman 2 was indeed shit compared to Spiderman 1..........which wasn't all that great with that lame armor-suited "Green Goblin".......but T2 was absolutely not a better movie than the first Terminator.

T1 was a sci-fi horror flick, T2 was a borderline lame "summer action flick"..where more attention was paid to the stunt sequences than the plot.

How any of you can choose a movie that stars a whiney, squeaky-voiced kid in the starring role is flat-out insane. Not to mention the fact that the whole liquid metal terminator idea was absurd even by sci-fi standards....it was a movie made to show off a new Special FX effect.
File this one under GHEY.

Sure these have all been mentioned...

Terminator 2
Aliens
Spider-man 2
X-men 2
Empire Strikes Back
Toy Story 2

[quote name='pacifickarma']I don't know... Desperado was more of a remake than a real sequel.[/QUOTE]

No, it was a sequel. His hand was messed up from being shot through in El Mariachi etc. It didn't add much to the original so it seemed a bit derivitive, but it was a plot line set after the events of the first one.

[quote name='Moxio']Jurassic Park 2. :cool:[/QUOTE]

I agree although I think they should have had a better third act. Also agree with the Austin Power 2 post, although I wonder if it's because I saw 2 first, although Elizabeth Hurley > Heather Graham.

I'll add:

Ghostbusters 2
Final Destination 2
Chronicles of Riddick sequal to Pitch Black
Cube 2 - Cube 3 is the biggest shit on an otherwise incredible franchise

I don't get the adoration of Toy Story 2. I just didn't like it in comparison to the first. It is more mature, though, so I'll give it that bit of praise.

However, I did prefer the following movies to the original:

- Die Hard with a Vengeance
- Rocky II
- Kill Bill, Vol. 2
- X-Men 2
- Spider-Man 2
- Empire Strikes Back
- Back to the Future 2
- Blade 2

Also, Batman Begins isn't a sequel, it's a restart to the franchise. I do think Dark Knight will be better than Batman Begins, though.

bread's done
Back