name of an older socially interactive web game..?

Ultramontane

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Hey there CAG's,

I'm looking for the name of a game that was supposed to come out in the mid 90's I think. It was a either a murder mystery or horror style genre.

It was web based, however you would provide a phone number and possible mailing address. People would call you or mail you things regarding to the games storyline.

I don't think it ever launched but it was supposed to be the next big thing in online gaming. Does this sound familiar to anyone?

Thanks.

-Ultra

Man, I loved Majestic. I started it kinda of late, so I wasn't able to get very far before they shut down the server. If you enjoyed it, you should check out Missing: Since January.

I remember PC Gamer talking about the game - How it was going to be attached to your cell phone, email and/or web cam to give you a piece of a bigger puzzle that others were solving at the same time.

[quote name='plasticbathmonki']Man, I loved Majestic. I started it kinda of late, so I wasn't able to get very far before they shut down the server. If you enjoyed it, you should check out Missing: Since January.[/QUOTE]

I really liked Missing (AKA In Memorium) as well. I remember some of the puzzles being brutally hard. The email part was pretty broken as well. I remember being near the end and getting nothing from Phoenix but then after I finished it I get a bunch of emails at once. I really felt like I was trying to save that woman though. A very cool sense of dread.

Hmm, a game which integrates real life into its story. Make it a handphone game. Throw in time based and geolocation... Wow! To the Gamemobile, Robin, we have a game to make!

bread's done
Back