Name some commercials that you hate.

Xevious

CAGiversary!
I just saw the Mac commercial with the young guy and the older guy representing a Mac and PC respectively. I thought to myself...what an annoying commercial. Seriously, those Apple people come off as snobs...

I also don't care much for the Comcast commercials too.

that new Mentos gum commercial. The one with the guy that pops some mentos gum in his mouth while sitting next to the water cooler, and the woman walks up, flicks his nose up, kisses him (complete with water cooler glub glub sounds), wipes her mouth off, then flicks his nose back down like shutting the water off. That commercial irritates me and grosses me out every time I see it on. Bleh.

Cell Phone commercials, Text Ring tone commercials, all those NOW! Thats what I call Bullshit compilation albums of shitty 90's music, Apple Commercials, Political "Vote for me because my opponent is Satan" commercials.

I would have to agree with cell phone commercials, especially those damned ringtone commercials... No, I don't want to buy the latest Soulja Boy ringtone, thank you! :speaktothehand::nottalking:

Vivaxa.
God I hate that commercial.

Also, anything with Billy Mays. I wanna tie that son of a bitch down and shave that effing beard off...

Personally... I can't fucking stand the Sonic commercials. Annoying as piss, not funny at all, and same stupid BS every single time.

Cell phone commercials as well. For southeast viewers, the Regions Bank commercials. Their pea green logo, dumbass bicycles, and "Xpect More" slogan. The only thing to "Xpect More" from them are more fees and more screwups (crooked bank, personal experience).

I'd like to add Target as well, with their annoying bastardization of a Beatles song.

All of the Domino's commercials. I swear to god, the people who write those commercials think they're so fucking funny. I can't stand them.

But the commercial I hate above all others, is this one:

[media]http://youtube.com/watch?v=TH_EVa-L90w[/media]I HATE THAT LADY!!! AAAHHH!!! This commercial honestly makes me furious. fuck! Look at her! She's so ugly, and she's going wet over a fucking bagel with an egg on it!!! And then she does that stupid little, timid shrug at the end! God I fucking hate it!

I swear to god, I haven't the slightest idea as to what people are thinking when they make commercials. It's an extremely rare occasion that I'll see a commercial that actual makes me want the product. In fact, if the commercial annoys me (which it always does), I actually make an effort to avoid the product, simply because it has an annoying commercial.

Who falls for those dumb horoscope and "secret crush" text message thnigs anyway?
My fave- 'cell spin the bottle' you put in three names and it gives you the one who is your true love. Paying 9.99 a month for a random selection generator thingy! brilliant!

Apple Commercials have always been obnoxious and pretentious

As documented here in the famous 1984 commercial

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYecfV3ubP8[/MEDIA]

I'm so glad that I don't watch TV anymore. All of those fucking commercials, product placements, and worthless programming. Same reason that I don't listen to the radio anymore.

I hate Apple with a passion, but I actually like their commercials since more often then not John Hodgman (the PC guy) comes off as the funnier and more sympathetic character while the mac dude just looks like an arrogant elitist snob.

For me it's gotta be just about every Mcdonald's commercial since the Jordan vs. Bird stuff. Do they actually appeal to anyone?

Sprite's awful "subliminal" ad campaign from about a year ago comes to mind. The commercials did nothing but scare the piss out of me and make me change the channel. As an advertising major, I was absolutely appalled that *several* people actually gave the go-ahead for those ads.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Oh my god, I had totally forgot that.

I. fucking. HATE. Axe commercials.[/quote]

Yeah, they bother me also.
This ANGERS me

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yg6bZSM48vU[/MEDIA]

Especially the one where they all say "Ahoy" for no reason.

I really hate the new Quizno's commercials with the old Asian woman in the laundromat eating the $5 bill. Just a tad offensive in my opinion.

Since I work nights I see them all the time. Its commercials for baby name cd's. Its just makes me sick always hearing " Amanda amanda".. Strangely its that commercial and GGW commercials that I always see.

I hate the Hughes net commercials, that chick is so annoying. The Vonage ones suck too. Those Apple guy vs PC guy commercials are the worst though. Stupid hipster and his pretentious attitude. Last time I checked, my pc can play music and do things he makes seem only macs can do. I'd be afraid to buy a mac lest I turn into a self-rightous idiot like him.

The Dockers commercial with that lame ass song, the Ford one with Derek Jeter, all of the Alltel commercials, just to name a few.

All Comcast commercials, all prescription medication commercials, all car commercials (has anyone noticed the overwhelming amount of car commercials?), all local commercials for my area, and anything with loud music. I'm looking at you commercial that has that "sign, sealed, delivered I'm yours!" song.

[quote name='dopa345']I really hate the new Quizno's commercials with the old Asian woman in the laundromat eating the $5 bill. Just a tad offensive in my opinion.[/QUOTE]

Offensive? How so? :whistle2:s

Is their some racial thing in that commercial that I'm not catching?

Bright House commercials. I already have their fucking services, leave me alone for the love of GOD. Especially Doomslayer927. I want to bash her little head in with her keyboard.

Close second are the Chips Ahoy commercials. *shudder*

all commercials.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Offensive? How so? :whistle2:s

Is their some racial thing in that commercial that I'm not catching?[/QUOTE]

Asian + Laundromat stereotype?

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Offensive? How so? :whistle2:s

Is their some racial thing in that commercial that I'm not catching?[/QUOTE]

probally cause a Asian woman runs the laundromat racial thing

There's a series of commercials for the Great Escape amusement park -- it has some idiots doing something lame, and then the head of some Asian guy pops up in the middle of the screen and says "YOU CALL THIS FUN?!". It then switches to scenes of some of the rides in action, and the head returns to declare "NOW THIS FUN!" Absolutely the stupidest thing I've ever seen.

[quote name='slidecage']probally cause a Asian woman runs the laundromat racial thing[/QUOTE]
That's ridiculous. People of all races run laundromats. Don't see why it's a big deal that that one just happens to be Asian. Ugh, some people and their over PC-ness...

[quote name='Maklershed']At least it's not that "old guy" dancing to the Barbie Girl song or whatever the fuck that was. Or was that for Six Flags?[/QUOTE]
Six Flags. And the song was "We Like to Party" by Vengaboys.

All those McDonalds commercials that show black people getting all excited about the two new chicken sandwiches. They might as well just put some white actors in blackface and have them dance around with watermelons.

So black people can't like chicken without it being racist?

EDIT: Speaking of chicken and McDonalds, I'd lilke to throw a vote in for "I'm into nuggets y'all". That was horrid.

I hate those McDonald's commercials that show some person going from bagging fries to owning 70 McDonald's stores.

What the fuck are they implying here? That McDonald jobs teach kids valuable life lessons and will ultimately be a stepping stone for kids to become successful?

And then the commercial where they say they use only fresh material? Bullshit.

[quote name='Maklershed']So black people can't like chicken without it being racist?

EDIT: Speaking of chicken and McDonalds, I'd lilke to throw a vote in for "I'm into nuggets y'all". That was horrid.[/QUOTE]

Have you seen the commercials?

I was reminded of parts of "Birth of a Nation".

[quote name='Halo05']Have you seen the commercials?

I was reminded of parts of "Birth of a Nation".[/quote]

To be honest, no I haven't. I just think a lot of times people claim racism to flippantly. But what do I know, maybe this commercial you speak of really is bad.

[quote name='Halo05']Have you seen the commercials?

I was reminded of parts of "Birth of a Nation".[/QUOTE]

[media]http://youtube.com/watch?v=fzSPvYDNyd8[/media]

This one?

bread's done
Back