Name the Next Gen Consoles

kscripter

CAGiversary!
Even though it will probably be 3-4 years before the next gen consoles arrive (the current economy will force manufacturers to extend the current consoles' life), what do you think will be the names of the next gen systems?

I offer my suggestions below.

Playstation 4 (unless the PS3 doesn't sell at least 50 million units, they may go with a new name)
Playstation Neo

Xbox 1080
Xbox Vista

Nintendo Wii HD
Nintendo Wii Wii
Nintendo Pii

What do you think?

Nintendo and Sony with the exception of the PS3 have released a new console every 5 years right on the dot, whatever the economy was, but times have changed currently. I'm sure a Wii HD will release 2011, a NextBox in 2012 (2011 probably), and a PS4 in 2013. But the PS4 will the one with the least amount of upgrades and a lot more casual. NextBox will use the blu rays and be just as easy as ever to develop for, and the Wii needs a serious upgrade, but will use all the same periphals, but with WiiMotionPlus (which Nintendo won't be able to sell us again and lose them money.)

Nintendo GET!

NeXBOX

Sony Playstation 3: 10th Anniversary Edition with 500GB HD, Playstation branded LED googles for head tracking, and has God of War 4 as a pack in.

Nintendough Wii - why change the name of a hot selling product? Change the name of the brand to properly reflect their situation/success!

neXbox - Unoriginal it seems now, but great minds think alike, eh?

Playstation 4 - Sony is not going to change the name of their product. They will whore out the Playstation moniker long after our fifth-generation decendents are deceased.

Playstation 4 Mini - because PSP didn't do well, so they decided to make the first $2000 handheld system that has the functionality of a full PS4 system!

Nintendo VS (Virtual Screen) - projects the game in front of you, atop any object.

...and Tiger Electronics makes a great comeback! Long live electronic handhelds!

Microsoft Xbox
- X-odus (Exodus)
- Evolution
- Eclipse

Car names kept popping in my head, but these don't sound too bad. If it weren't so late I'd be a little more creative.

Nintendo
- Wii 2
- Revolution

I was thinking Nintendo would either fall back on the Wii property tag or it's codename. Both of which would do quite well for Nintendo.

[quote name='mykevermin']Nintendo Ike Turner[/quote]
Brutal. However, I've walked out the door for the last time.

My picks:
Playstation 4
Xbox 460
Wii 4 (short for WiiWii-WiiWii)

[quote name='retroNutZ']
Playstation 3.5 Beta
[/quote]

Ofcourse you'll have to have a pre-paid 20 year subscription to Qore.

when it comes to home entertainment systems for nintendo, they've never been consistent with a name...they chose wii because it could be said universally...probably some weird game like woo

everyone talks about and xbox ball type of thing, and i would love that look...sooo
maybe the xball or xsphere? or just the 720 or 1080

and playstation 4

You won't see Microsoft Xbox 3 for the same reason we didn't see Xbox 2. Microsoft doesn't want you to compare Xbox 2 to the Playstation 3 and think, "well, the Playstation has a 3, so that means it is more powerful and better!"

XXXbox
Xbox³ (Probable codename: Eclipse)

Playstation 4

Super Wiitendo
Nintendo Sphere (With special edition Katamari stand holder! Japan only)
Nintendo 512
Nintendo Iwillstopmakingcontrollersthatflythroughobjects
Nintendo Wii²

I could see the XXXbox for the "hardcore" gamer (special edition Xbox).

Nintendo Wii² is a highly probable name.

Microsoft
Xbox 720: Will implimente siaxis controlls, and blue-ray capmpatablilty.

Nintendo: Will release two systems next generation

Nitendo HD: With High-def Tvs being more standard then they were 5 yars ago, Nitendo will release the high-def system that it has been working on for the last 10 years. Will support blue ray and some motion sesitivity, but not be entierly based on it.
Wii-2 A upgrade to the original, support better graphics and such but still appeal more to casual gammers.

Sony:

Playstation Ultimate: Will have some cool new features, but you never know with sony.

What we have learned from all three so far with names:

Sony - All systems are named Playstation in numerical order, so it is only logical that the next System or Systems would be called Sony Playstation 4 (PS4) and Sony Playstation Portable 2 (PSP2)

Nintendo - The first name was really lame looking at it now. Nintendo Entertainment System. Than they went to Super Nintendo, than the Nintendo 64. They used there company name to brand the system. For Example you are forced to say Nintendo in all of the previouse systems. Now you tell somebody that you own a Gamecube or Wii, I dont ever think that anyone back in the day said "I own a Entertainment System and a Super" For whatever reason people decided to say "I own a Playstation and a 64" in the mid to late 90's. But looking back and telling people I own a 64 is lame. If I tell that to my grandhildren would they get it? So Nintendo really relied on there company name for a Brand. Nintendo also never reuses the console names. Now this is the first time that the name Wii stands out (when spelled, not spoken). Also, Nintendo likes to code name every sytem (Dolphin turned into the 64 and Revolution turned into the Wii) so when they do anounce that they are working on a system they give it a code name. Nintendo is too spontanious to try and figure out what the next system would be called.

Microsft - They used there original Code name X-Box for there system. They decided to do the Sony style and keep X-Box in the name of there system. So it is only logical that the next one would be X-Box _______. The reason they used the term 360 is not certain. Some say it was to compete with Playstation 3 and to have the number 3 in the title help show that it was current. If a dumb consumer was out there and saw an X-Box 2 and a PS3, they might think the PS3 was the newer and better product. Or the name could just have meant a complete turn around from the original X-Box. They have done so much more to improve this generation than the previous installment. Microsoft has only had two consoles and it is unkown if they would use a numerical system in the next wave. They do use X-Box thoug in both and that should tell us that they will keep that.

So with that, here are my guesees:

Sony Playstation 4
Nintendo Plaay
Microsoft X-Box Non Red Ring Edition

[quote name='Davestation']What we have learned from all three so far with names:

Sony - All systems are named Playstation in numerical order, so it is only logical that the next System or Systems would be called Sony Playstation 4 (PS4) and Sony Playstation Portable 2 (PSP2)

Nintendo - The first name was really lame looking at it now. Nintendo Entertainment System. Than they went to Super Nintendo, than the Nintendo 64. They used there company name to brand the system. For Example you are forced to say Nintendo in all of the previouse systems. Now you tell somebody that you own a Gamecube or Wii, I dont ever think that anyone back in the day said "I own a Entertainment System and a Super" For whatever reason people decided to say "I own a Playstation and a 64" in the mid to late 90's. But looking back and telling people I own a 64 is lame. If I tell that to my grandhildren would they get it? So Nintendo really relied on there company name for a Brand. Nintendo also never reuses the console names. Now this is the first time that the name Wii stands out (when spelled, not spoken). Also, Nintendo likes to code name every sytem (Dolphin turned into the 64 and Revolution turned into the Wii) so when they do anounce that they are working on a system they give it a code name. Nintendo is too spontanious to try and figure out what the next system would be called.

Microsft - They used there original Code name X-Box for there system. They decided to do the Sony style and keep X-Box in the name of there system. So it is only logical that the next one would be X-Box _______. The reason they used the term 360 is not certain. Some say it was to compete with Playstation 3 and to have the number 3 in the title help show that it was current. If a dumb consumer was out there and saw an X-Box 2 and a PS3, they might think the PS3 was the newer and better product. Or the name could just have meant a complete turn around from the original X-Box. They have done so much more to improve this generation than the previous installment. Microsoft has only had two consoles and it is unkown if they would use a numerical system in the next wave. They do use X-Box thoug in both and that should tell us that they will keep that.

So with that, here are my guesees:

Sony Playstation 4
Nintendo Plaay
Microsoft X-Box Non Red Ring Edition[/quote]

wut?

anyway i thought the 360 was called a 360 because they wanted it to cover all of your media needs, movies, music gaming, tv, etc.

i could see them dropping the x-box portion and keeping the 360 for the next system.

PS4 is obvious of course

Nintendo would be silly to change the next system from anything but Wii 2 because of how big the name has gotten alone.

nintendo waggle (we already got you saing waggle all the time so fuck it)
ps4
microsoft largehard (now bigger heavier and made of fire so it wont over heat)

and of course nothing will be backwards compatible.

Ever spewed Coke out of your nose? It hurts right? Damn you man.... HAHAHA!

[quote name='chimpian']
and made of fire so it wont over heat
.[/QUOTE]

I always thought "GameCube" was a great name for a console, so it would be nice to see Microsoft call the new XBox the "X-Cube 9: with NINE SUPERPROCESSORS WOOOOWWW" or something.

Who knows what Nintendo will do... I mean, after selling so many Wiis, they might as well call the new console "Nintendo GLOBAL [domination ;) ] .

As for Sony, I think they might seriously consider changing the Playstation name to something else. Either that or Playstation EDGE or something weird like that.

bread's done
Back