Naruto 4 (DS) Japanese version $24.90 @ Play-Asia.com

[quote name='-Never4ever-']It's getting a bad rep over on Gamefaqs. I'll have to say pass on this one.[/QUOTE]

I imported the third one for $50 and really liked it. You just have to like 2d side scrollers. :D

I have this game. It's pretty fun and pretty import friendly(if you use the guide for figuring out the mission objectives from Gamefaqs). BUT, it can easily be beaten in just a few days. I actually found the first few missions the hardest(and I hated them). The missions where you get to fight bosses(other characters) are the funnest.
It has a bunch of characters to unlock, with some neat moves. The touch screen ninjutsus can be a pain in the ass to activate some of them(expecially the summons).

Overall the game is pretty fun, but VERY short. If you have someone you can play multiplayer with I could see this game lasting a long time, but I am the only one that has it where I live. Any questions I could answer them, I have beat it and unlocked all the characters so I should know most things about it. I paid $60 for it from Lik-Sang. Not sure if it's worth that, but $25 sounds about right for it.

And one thing to think it about> Don't think the game is like Jump Superstars just because it looks like it. It's similar, but not the same.

crap its only weekly.. i want this so bad too.. most the time they only take it back to 29.99 so i can deal with that.. i hope.

Oh question for the guy who has the game..

Have you played Naruto GNT 4 for gamecube? Is this kinda like a 2d fighter kinda like it with the cool sweet jutsus?

PezRadar>

Yeah, I have Naruto 4 for GC as well. It has a lot of the jutsus that the characters use in the show like the secondary lotus, chidori or rasengen. It has a lot of the moves that are in the GC version, just in 2d sprite form. Plus, it has summons like Gaara sand guy(can't remember the name) or Naruto's giant frog(also can't remember) that hit everything on the screen. The top screen has the action while the bottom has the radar and the jutsus selection. Each character has a certain amount of their own jutsus(Some have more than others, but the most is 3 per character) and then you select other characters as secondary characters that you can use their jutsus as well in the fight.
Anyway, each kind of jutsus have a different thing you have to do to make it work. For example the chidori or rasengen, all you have to do is spin you finger in a circle on the screen and fill up a bar(easy) and others like the summons you have to push symbols to match the 3 it shows you(I hated these but I got pretty good at it after a while).

The actual gameplay is not really like the GC version in that the levels are multi tiered where you can run around the level and jump up onto buildings and trees and stuff. Some of the boards are really big too.

Anything else?

[quote name='Rags']PezRadar>

Yeah, I have Naruto 4 for GC as well. It has a lot of the jutsus that the characters use in the show like the secondary lotus, chidori or rasengen. It has a lot of the moves that are in the GC version, just in 2d sprite form. Plus, it has summons like Gaara sand guy(can't remember the name) or Naruto's giant frog(also can't remember) that hit everything on the screen. The top screen has the action while the bottom has the radar and the jutsus selection. Each character has a certain amount of their own jutsus(Some have more than others, but the most is 3 per character) and then you select other characters as secondary characters that you can use their jutsus as well in the fight.
Anyway, each kind of jutsus have a different thing you have to do to make it work. For example the chidori or rasengen, all you have to do is spin you finger in a circle on the screen and fill up a bar(easy) and others like the summons you have to push symbols to match the 3 it shows you(I hated these but I got pretty good at it after a while).

The actual gameplay is not really like the GC version in that the levels are multi tiered where you can run around the level and jump up onto buildings and trees and stuff. Some of the boards are really big too.

Anything else?[/quote]

So its like jump superstars or maybe ssb but a 2d version with naruto chars? Sounds freakin great :)

[quote name='PezRadar']So its like jump superstars or maybe ssb but a 2d version with naruto chars? Sounds freakin great :)[/QUOTE]

It's similar to Jump Superstars but not quite as solid of gameplay. Jump Superstars was worth 50 in my eyes. Not sure about Naruto 4.
It's fun, don't get me wrong, but the single player is limited, and you can't play multiplayer with bots. I was kinda irritated with that. I was really pissed that I could not change the controls either.

For 25, I would get it no doubt, I don't think you will regret it. It will probably piss you off at the beginning, but after you get the game down, it's pretty fun. Overall, I'd give it a rating of a 7-8 in the fun factor. If I had some other people to play, it would probably be higher. I'm a fan of Naruto though, and it sounds like you might be too, so you'd probably like it too.

If you have some other people that have the game, get it, because I bet it would be really fun with 3 other people.

bread's done
Back