Naruto & Naruto Shippudden

jedimario

CAGiversary!
Hello everyone,

I was looking at getting into Naruto and Naruto Shippudden. I wondered if anyone had any recommendations on what to get and where to get them. For example is it better to get the Uncut Season 1 vol 1,2,3 etc or is there some other set that is a better buy? Your help is greatly appreciated!

[quote name='detectiveconan16']Isn't this show on Hulu?[/QUOTE]

Yep, it's on Hulu. Bad part about Hulu is all the commercials. :(

The manga is so much better. The show has so much useless filler that it is annoying. Honestly, you only need to watch a few key fights from Naruto and you'll be good to start Shippudden.

[quote name='Luxuria']The manga is so much better. The show has so much useless filler that it is annoying. Honestly, you only need to watch a few key fights from Naruto and you'll be good to start Shippudden.[/QUOTE]

Not really, Naruto didn't hit serious huge filler arcs until ep 134 or arounds there, before that there were only about 10 -15 episodes of filler thrown in. Just watching a few fights and skipping to Shippudden would be a sloppy way to watch the show. Best way for part one is to watch up to 135 then skip to 220 which is the real ending to 135 and then just stop because Shippudden has some god awful pacing better to just read the manga from there on out.

[quote name='coolsteel']Not really, Naruto didn't hit serious huge filler arcs until ep 134 or arounds there, before that there were only about 10 -15 episodes of filler thrown in. Just watching a few fights and skipping to Shippudden would be a sloppy way to watch the show. Best way for part one is to watch up to 135 then skip to 220 which is the real ending to 135 and then just stop because Shippudden has some god awful pacing better to just read the manga from there on out.[/QUOTE]

^this

You just missed a big Viz sale at RightStuf (which ended yesterday) where you could have snagged the first series' sets for sub-$20 each.

If you are really set on picking up the dvds I would try gohastings.com when they have a 30-40% off sale.

Inventory stock is hit or miss though.

Thanks everyone. So for the Naruto uncut box sets, would I need to get vol 1-13 or is there a better collection (like how Death Note had the two collected sets)?

[quote name='jedimario']Thanks everyone. So for the Naruto uncut box sets, would I need to get vol 1-13 or is there a better collection (like how Death Note had the two collected sets)?[/QUOTE]

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/sea...ountFromSearch=457&podcastCountFromSearch=111

You'll want these for the first series. And really, you can stop after the "Season 3 Box Set 1" set, as everything after that until Shippuuden begins is horrible, horrible filler.

bread's done
Back