NASCAR 08 - CAG League

[quote name='AdvOfJet']Does the actual version of the game differ much from the demo on the marketplace ? The graphics on the game seem more like early PS2 graphics with jagged edges all over the place and what seems like almost a dull cartoonish quality to the cars.[/quote]

Kind of getting tired off people saying the graphics look like PS2...look at the car models and it's easily better than the PS2 looks. As for the demo, the demo was HORRIBLE! No options to tweak anything. In the retail version you can at least adjust the setup and steering to tighten the car up. In the demo, its basically driving on ice...

I had no problem going 3 wide online last night going into turn 1 at Texas, I think it plays just fine...lets not get carried away its still a game. If you better go build yourself a late model and hit the track

[quote name='GI Iron Shirt']I had no problem going 3 wide online last night going into turn 1 at Texas, I think it plays just fine...lets not get carried away its still a game. If you better go build yourself a late model and hit the track[/quote]

The games fine once you adjust the steering and get used to it. Though the AI does seem to just want to drive straight through you at times...

[quote name='lordwow']Ya I didn't really care for the demo, but then again, I didn't really like the Forza 2 demo either.[/quote]

Same here, i hated the Nascar 08 and Forza 2 demos, but i now have both games...you would think the devs would want to impress people with the demos :roll:

I've been trying to rent it at some local places for the past two days with no luck...had the same problem with APF 2k8. I still want to give it a try, but the more I read people's reviews in different forums the more I think I'm likely not going to buy this title. I'll let you know for sure Syn after I rent it, but chances are that I'll probably be withdrawing my name from the league.

[quote name='maccabee72']I've been trying to rent it at some local places for the past two days with no luck...had the same problem with APF 2k8. I still want to give it a try, but the more I read people's reviews in different forums the more I think I'm likely not going to buy this title. I'll let you know for sure Syn after I rent it, but chances are that I'll probably be withdrawing my name from the league.[/quote]

Fair enough. When you do get it (rent or buy) be sure to adjust the steering options.

got it yesterday and honestly i was expecting more but its this or nothing for the 360 so i'll take it...just starting to get used to it

[quote name='GI Iron Shirt']If you better go build yourself a late model and hit the track[/quote]

Already have done it.

That's part of the reason the game frustrates me, you tweak the car in a certain way that a normal race car should be and it does nothing at all. For example adding tire pressure and wedge. It has either little, the wrong, or no effect at all.

Yes I did even turn on the adjustments and still doesn't feel right. I am gonna rent it tomorrow tho, so then after the weekend we will see if I like it any more. So far I have only played it for about 6-7 hours.

I jusy put my copy up on ebay. No way im going to waste my time on the chase mode shit for the next few hours just to actually get to the core of the game. If you haven't gotten a copy yet, its at $44.99 buy-it-now with free shipping ;)

As for the league, if anyone wants to volunteer to lead it, feel free to do so :)

[quote name='Undertaker4eber']I cant believe people are bitching as much as they are about the game. Its really not that bad.[/quote]

I wanted something fun. I adjusted the settings and the car still bounced around in the front. No way im going through 55 challenges just to get to the core...i still have good ol' Nascar 2005 for the PS2 :) Plus Forza 2...

I finally was able to find a copy to rent today. I'm actually fine with the handling once I changed the sliders. I'm about 20% into the Chase mode though and I already want to throw my controller through my big screen. Some of the challenges get ridiculous and that's when the handling issues really start to show their true colors. I am having fun with the season mode though and have won the two races I've been in so far. The game is really short on features and other than the cars, I think the graphics ar pretty sad for the 360. I can say though the game is actually much better than the demo, but I'll probably wait until I can get it for cheap or get a good trade before I pick it up.

I was going to ask the following question: How do I skip the stupid licenses and make it to the "career" mode? From the postings, I have inferred this is not possible. Is this indeed true or am I better off finding the most recently BC iteration of the Nascar franchise (Nascar 2006)? If this is indeed true... BOOOOOOOOOOOO EA... I have not been able to play a Nascar game since I traded in my Xbox and this is what you made me wait for and you continue to wonder why people buy other products just out of spite. Wait this is just a continuing theme for EA... I have not been able to play [insert franchise here] since I traded in my Xbox and this is what you made me wait for. Oh well, enjoy what you got and hope for next year.

bread's done
Back