NASCAR Kart Racing febuary 10, 2009

Kman

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (100%)
NASCAR Kart Racing for the wii only will be released in febuary 10, 2009...

found this story and thought i would share sounds awesome...

http://sports.espn.go.com/videogames/news/story?id=3740518

nascarkart_16_800x450.jpg

Let's predict the weapons.. alright, I'm guessing oil, traffic cones, and possibly things related to their sponsor.. such as a coke bottle for whoever drives the coca cola car.. if there even is one.

Why the fuck can't they just port fucking Nascar (insert year here) over to Wii. The controls would be perfect.

Ok, this does look decent, although idk how they could top Mario Kart. Although fighting the dover monster = win.

I normally barf all over EA's sloppy casual-oriented garbage (Ninja Reflex, EA Playground, and Celebrity Showdown being examples), but I have to admit NASCAR + kart racing is an awesome idea.

Whether or not this implementation will actually be worth a damn is another matter...

--R.J.

Thought I'd bump this thread. Rented the game over the weekend, and it was actually quite fun. Pretty much a Mario Kart clone, but that isn't a bad thing. The character voices are hilarious.

[quote name='GamerChris']Thought I'd bump this thread. Rented the game over the weekend, and it was actually quite fun. Pretty much a Mario Kart clone, but that isn't a bad thing. The character voices are hilarious.[/quote]
Yeah, it's really not bad at all. My two favorite things is that it does away with the cutesy Mario universe and the teammate aspect. I find that trying to stay close to my teammate actually makes me a much better driver.

Is there any local multiplayer/splitscreen or online multiplayer ?

I don't know. This game looks like it should be a $10-15 WiiWare game, not a $40 release. And I know that might be insulting to many WiiWare games.

[quote name='bmulligan']Is there any local multiplayer/splitscreen or online multiplayer ?

I don't know. This game looks like it should be a $10-15 WiiWare game, not a $40 release. And I know that might be insulting to many WiiWare games.[/quote]
Local multiplayer. And it really is better than it looks; basically a Mario Kart spin-off without feeling like a cheap knock-off.

bread's done
Back