NAT settings being a bitch again. Help please.

Sofa King Kool

CAGiversary!
Feedback
18 (100%)
Alright, so completely out of the fucking blue, the NAT type appears as "Strict" when I'm trying to play Modern Warfare 2 on Xbox Live. I already dealt with this problem months ago and it was a pain in the ass, but I figured maybe my router settings got reset somehow and I just need to change them back. So I log into my router and everything is the same. All the ports for Xbox Live are open and UPnP is on. Everything is totally as it should be, and I really have no idea what to do from here.

What the fuck happened? Two days ago everything was totally fine, and now it's back to strict and I have absolutely no idea what else I can do to fix it...

[quote name='halfbent']Reset your modem and router. Usually a quick fix if the settings are still the same.[/QUOTE]

How do I go about resetting it? You don't just mean unplug it/plug it back in, do you? If so, I've done that a million times.

[quote name='Sofa King Kool']How do I go about resetting it? You don't just mean unplug it/plug it back in, do you? If so, I've done that a million times.[/QUOTE]

It has an actual reset button located some where on it with a label over it that says reset.

Well, a generic answer would be to tell you to start with seeing if the firmware for the router can be updated at all. Then we'd probably need a basic description of your network layout.

i.e.
For my home network, I have Comcast Cable Internet, connecting to a WRT54G router. I have my desktop PC plugged into the modem and the 360 working from a wired connection to my Linksys Wireless G access point. In my settings, there was a section for gaming, and I set the 360's IP address to have Port Forwarding for both TCP and UDP on Port 3074. This helped with Halo.

The Bungie forums have multiple threads and FAQ's (example below)
http://seventhcolumn.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=12858741&postRepeater1-p=1

If this doesn't work, I would recommend going to specific community boards for MW2 players and look for people with a similar issue.

bread's done
Back