Natural Selection 2 (NS2) Holiday Special (Buy 1 Get 1 Free)

Crazyhowie

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
NS2 HOLIDAY SPECIAL!
$34.95 (Buy 1 Get 1 Free)

Copied from store description

Includes:
2 copies for the price of 1!
Immediate beta access on Steam (updates weekly)
Our eternal gratitude
10,000 available

Direct link to the store:

http://www.naturalselection2.com/buy

Official Announcement:

http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/news/2010/12/merry_gorgemas

GorgeXMAS_lowRes.jpg

This is technically a Pre-Order, but you can get immediate access to play the Beta on Steam. Natural Selection 2 is an FPS/RTS hybrid and is a long awaited sequel in the making to the highly popular mod for the original Half-Life.

First time posting a deal, so please let me know if I should add in any more information!

Beta Gameplay Trailer:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLFxRrgUzqM[/media]

Last edited by a moderator:
Is the game any good? I've heard it's name mentioned once in a while, but does anyone here play it and can give an opinion on it?

[quote name='Jugglenaut']Is the game any good? I've heard it's name mentioned once in a while, but does anyone here play it and can give an opinion on it?[/QUOTE]

I can't personally speak for how development on this game is going, since I have not purchased access to the Beta, but the mechanics and gameplay should be similar.

My friends and I hosted a server for the original Half-Life mod while were at college for about two years... we were obsessed with that game. It was a blast, but it did have a bit of a steep learning curve in regards to how the RTS portion functioned and some of the aliens were more difficult to control/master.

It's a fantastic blend of FPS and RTS and the humans/aliens have a completely different playstyle from each other. It's a game that's best played with friends or people you know, especially when it comes to relying on another player to "command" you (ie call out orders/distribute equipment).

Once again, speaking from a standpoint of only having played the original mod... If you're a fan of the FPS/RTS concept, you won't really find a more solid game than this. I say this as a fan of even larger scale FPS/RTS hybrids such as Savage and Savage 2. But honestly, there just aren't a whole lot of games of this genre out there (most are mods), so I highly recommend at least reading up more about it. This game has huge potential.

Oh, and I attached a beta gameplay trailer to the OP. It's pretty well done... I love the black smoke effect for the "Fade" creature.

You are better off giving the link for Natural Selection since it still free.
The mod works with Half Life 1.
As long as you have Half Life 1 in your Steam Account, you can install Natural Selection 1.
I suggest you guys to try it and see for yourselves.

It really is hard getting or purchasing an unknown game without any type of knowledge of its background.

The Fade was the hardest to use. Yet, i would always get killed by those who mastered that alien.
=/

bread's done
Back