NBA 2K11 PS3 or 360 $40 at Kmart

it might be, but as some people have said, they really have no competition this year... I bet the best deal you will see is 35.

[quote name='JohnDoeHoe22']It isn't a price drop.

They always give these sales for NBA at this time. Lots of people buy it on release for a pretty good deal and then it becomes real cheap but then the price will go right back up.

It's 2k giving good value and good deals on their games. If it was EA it'd be a different story.[/QUOTE]

Totally wrong. EA wants sales numbers and have always run promotions soon after launch. Mass Effect 2, DragonAge, Bad Company 2 all had great discounts soon after release. This year we will at least have Medal of Honor, Fifa, Tiger Woods, and I think Need for Speed Hot Pursuit on black friday

[quote name='brianyip28']do you guys think nba 2k11 will be lower than $40 for black friday?[/QUOTE]
Well, I just went to K-Mart and bought it, I will keep it sealed and if there is a better deal on Black Friday, I will return it and get the better deal.

BTW, I didn't see any signs or ads for this sale, I had to ask the employee if they had a sale and he said yes.

[quote name='ddragon1234']Well, I just went to K-Mart and bought it, I will keep it sealed and if there is a better deal on Black Friday, I will return it and get the better deal.
.[/QUOTE]

you don't have to keep it sealed open it up and play it--just keep your receipt--if you find a better deal later on buy it--and use that one to return to the store for a refund.

^ Don't listen to that guy. The UPC's may not match and you'll end up with just an extra game and wasted time. It's just unethical anyway.

Does anybody know if Best Buy would price match something like this? If so, how would one go about getting it matched?

I'm super tempted sitting on a $50 GC. Please advise, haha.

If you guys want, visit this website and download their custom arena music for the game. (includes actual music in the download) custom sounds for each player, custom songs for the tipoff, custom team songs... if you take the time and set the game up right, you can have a lot more fun with it. There's a download for the PS3 and the 360. But the PS3 custom music needs a patch as its not working properly.

link: http://www.operationsports.com/vBulletin/nba-2k/446671-nba-2k11-custom-arena-music.html

[quote name='zanzi123']http://www.mykmart.com/mykmart_blog/Are-you-Ready

For all waiting on how to price match... I believe if you use that page and bring in a number of the closest Kmart for them to call they should be able to do it.

Also, see if you can take advantage of the fact that they are offering 10 more percent off today.[/QUOTE]

If the nearest Kmart to my home is 10+ miles away, is it typical of Best Buy to honor such a deal, or is it highly YMMV?

[quote name='zanzi123']http://www.mykmart.com/mykmart_blog/Are-you-Ready

For all waiting on how to price match... I believe if you use that page and bring in a number of the closest Kmart for them to call they should be able to do it.

Also, see if you can take advantage of the fact that they are offering 10 more percent off today.[/QUOTE]

Thanks man! This was my first time price matching. Got it for 23 and some change after I used a 15$ gift card!

it seems like the 360 version is sold out. every time i click on "add to cart", it brings up "This item is not available for purchase at this time."

[quote name='brianyip28']it seems like the 360 version is sold out. every time i click on "add to cart", it brings up "This item is not available for purchase at this time."[/QUOTE]Yeah, when I tried to add it to my cart, it said "This item is temporarily unavailable". Probably just as well; I swore to myself I wouldn't buy any more games until next year. (Not that I won't try checking back on this deal in a little while)

[quote name='idigfoo9']Thanks man! This was my first time price matching. Got it for 23 and some change after I used a 15$ gift card![/QUOTE]

Tight! Glad to help.

What do you think of the game so far?

I might need to add you on XBL when I get the game so we can have a few quick matches.

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']Wish I could agree. I bought it a week ago and played it two days and have not touched it since. Do not care for how complicated the controls are...I miss nba 2k when one button push pulled off an offensive move depending on the players rating...its just to hard now with a billion iso moves.[/QUOTE]

I love the idea of loving a basketball game, but I'm kinda the same way. I play it for 15 minutes and never touch it again. I grew up in Chicago in the 90s as a kid and love the idea of playing as Jordan, but I just can't justify getting this for any more than $10. I'll wait till next year when 2K12 comes out and get this then, maybe.

I love the 2K series but i can't bring myself to buy sports games anymore, there value always drops like a rock after a couple of months.

[quote name='zanzi123']Tight! Glad to help.

What do you think of the game so far?

I might need to add you on XBL when I get the game so we can have a few quick matches.[/QUOTE]

I love it man, I've always been a fan of 2K's sports games. Yeah add me man, we'll have to play some games.

"Temporarily unavailable?" That's weak. My buddy and I just spent the weekend playing 2K10, and I wanted more than ever to upgrade.

I hope those who talked about flipping this see how people who want the game to actually play were unable to get it at this price. Remember: hoarding is a dick move. (and I'm someone who's done it, as we all probably have)

[quote name='ViolentLee']"Temporarily unavailable?" That's weak. My buddy and I just spent the weekend playing 2K10, and I wanted more than ever to upgrade.

I hope those who talked about flipping this see how people who want the game to actually play were unable to get it at this price. Remember: hoarding is a dick move. (and I'm someone who's done it, as we all probably have)[/QUOTE]

LOL the game sold out and you blame hoarders? The game was 39.99, how much potential profit could there really be? Aren't you really the one at fault? This was available all day yesterday, you could have easily purchased one.

BTW: I did not buy any of these, I just find it entertaining that you blame hoarders for a deal you missed out on because you weren't fast enough.

I didn't blame hoarders (read your quoted text, if you don't believe me). I just mentioned them -- in a separate paragraph, even -- because someone else posted earlier about "I might buy this and flip it." I think that's shady and not worth an "LOL."

But I'm glad you were entertained by a post made in a thread for a game you're not even interested in.

[quote name='ViolentLee']I didn't blame hoarders (read your quoted text, if you don't believe me). I just mentioned them -- in a separate paragraph, even -- because someone else posted earlier about "I might buy this and flip it." I think that's shady and not worth an "LOL."

But I'm glad you were entertained by a post made in a thread for a game you're not even interested in.[/QUOTE]

You were upset that the game was temporarily available in the first paragraph. In the second paragraph you called hoarding a "dick move" and that you hope people who talked about flipping see how people who wanted this game were unable to. Sorry for thinking the two were related?

I bought this game during Amazon's B2G1F. But good job misinterpreting what I wrote. :applause:

My order shipped..but sales tax on shipping? I've never seen this charge before..or maybe I just never noticed it until now. :D

My order has shipped as well.Kmart doesn't even list the 360 and PS3 versions anymore...must have gotten cleaned out quick.

So bummed, every Best Buy in a 20 mile radius from my house is out of stock on NBA 2k11. Nearest Kmart is even further.

Was this game that popular? Or is the lack of merchandise in stock just a sign of the times for Best Buy :C

Although NBA 2K11 is some of the best sports gaming I've encountered, the harder AI is just plain ol' cheap. Psychic passing lane coverage (no look steals? Um, how about no) and magical rebounding abilities even against 97-rated custom-created centers (with 99 ratings in all rebound areas) make it almost pointless to pass the ball or expect to nab a missed shot. Beyond that, some glitches and desperately needed nagging patches (I have the PC version, there are several bugs but I got it for $29.99) also hold it back a touch; but the game is still a very solid game. I'm really just nitpicking in the grand scheme, I can't stay away from the game, the immersion is superb.

[quote name='chunlirocks']Is African Ring Ball even relevant today as a sport ? :cry:

40 blades is way too much

=[/QUOTE]

Uhhh.....

NBA 2k11 is mainly sold out because EA Sports decided to cancel NBA Elite so there wasn't any competition. It's a great game but the AI can get a bit tricky especially with passing.

[quote name='chunlirocks']Is African Ring Ball even relevant today as a sport ? :cry:

=[/QUOTE]

It is but in your cloak and with that hood on, you can't do a good job at it.

=[/QUOTE]

Except it was invented by a white guy...

Kudos to James Naismith

IF anyone is interested I have NBA 2k11 for 35 shipped! This game is extremely pqopular, yet nobody is contacting me in the trade forum.

bread's done
Back