NBA 2K12 $39.99 PS3 / Xbox 360 - Amazon

[quote name='chunlirocks']Don't live it in the past bro. It makes you look old.[/QUOTE]

I dont get why people bring up old prices it's not like you can get a deLorean and go back and get it for that price.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Jay']I dont get why peope bring up old prices it's not like you can get a deLorean and go back and get it for that price.[/QUOTE]

In fairness, the game will be $20 this time next year if you wait long enough as well.

I do understand the idea of indicating what the low water mark is for the game, since it helps make decisions on good/bad prices.

Surprised this isn't included in the BOGO though, usually Amazon includes stuff like this.

[quote name='Jay']I dont get why peope bring up old prices it's not like you can get a deLorean and go back and get it for that price.[/QUOTE]

Maybe because if it was that price recently it might be that price again sometime soon? Is it that hard to connect that or do I need to hold your hand and spell it out like I just did?

Are you going to go buy Arkham City or Battlefield 3 today for $50 when it was just on sale for $30 or are you going to wait until Christmas sales and see if it's $30 again? That's why people post past deals to let other people know it has been cheaper.

[quote name='Lucky13']Maybe because if it was that price recently it might be that price again sometime soon? Is it that hard to connect that or do I need to hold your hand and spell it out like I just did?

Are you going to go buy Arkham City or Battlefield 3 today for $50 when it was just on sale for $30 or are you going to wait until Christmas sales and see if it's $30 again? That's why people post past deals to let other people know it has been cheaper.[/QUOTE]

Well, we finally have a winner for the d-bag of the year award. :applause:

[quote name='shiftymcneely']Well, we finally have a winner for the d-bag of the year award. :applause:[/QUOTE]

No not exactly. If I'm pointing something out to help people save money and I get a wise ass response like "it's not like you can get a deLorean and go back and get it for that price" what do you expect?

I think it's pretty much been this price since Black Friday (camelcamelcamel shows like a day or two where it shot up, but otherwise it's been 40). I think they pulled the PS3 one for a while because of the 19.99 deal, which I still think was a glitch.

[quote name='Lucky13']Maybe because if it was that price recently it might be that price again sometime soon? Is it that hard to connect that or do I need to hold your hand and spell it out like I just did?

Are you going to go buy Arkham City or Battlefield 3 today for $50 when it was just on sale for $30 or are you going to wait until Christmas sales and see if it's $30 again? That's why people post past deals to let other people know it has been cheaper.[/QUOTE]

But the popular opinion is that it was a mistake (happens every year on Amazon during those sales)...so it's not really helpful in this particular case.

[quote name='fujishig']I think it's pretty much been this price since Black Friday (camelcamelcamel shows like a day or two where it shot up, but otherwise it's been 40). I think they pulled the PS3 one for a while because of the 19.99 deal, which I still think was a glitch.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, after it was 19.99 (glitch probably) it went oos. Once it came back in stock, it's been 39.99 since.

$19.99 was a pricing mistake. It was supposed to be $34.99 to match Best Buy.

[quote name='fujishig']I think it's pretty much been this price since Black Friday (camelcamelcamel shows like a day or two where it shot up, but otherwise it's been 40). I think they pulled the PS3 one for a while because of the 19.99 deal, which I still think was a glitch.[/QUOTE]

I thought I saw the 360 version go down to $19.99 for like one day too, but I must be mistaken. Otherwise already got the game for $20 and its pretty good.

I'd recommend the game. I've gone through every sports game this year and I'm having the most fun with the my player feature on this game.

[quote name='Prismatico']But the popular opinion is that it was a mistake (happens every year on Amazon during those sales)...so it's not really helpful in this particular case.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='ijustw1n']$19.99 was a pricing mistake. It was supposed to be $34.99 to match Best Buy.[/QUOTE]

You know what's funny is that I wasn't sure if my buddy had 2K12 and since he wasn't answering his phone I printed out the Amazon page for him. He brought it into Best Buy on Black Friday and was able to get them to price match it. That's something you can always try to do if you think something is a mistake and your order will get cancelled like what GameStop just did to a bunch of us. Best Buy has been getting better and better about price matching Amazon.

after amazon had it for $20, $40 doesn't seem so attractive, other wise get the discounted 2k11 for $5-$10 at your nearest target (for the most part should be on clearance and i've seen too many to count

bread's done
Back