NBA 2K9 39.99 at GS, BB and Target. ($29.99 AC)

iNFiNiTE HORiZON

CAGiversary!
Feedback
95 (99%)
Last edited by a moderator:
was the price $39.99 on the game or did it ring up that price?? because when I went to target the other day the price in the case said $59.99.

[quote name='polo14player']was the price $39.99 on the game or did it ring up that price?? because when I went to target the other day the price in the case said $59.99.[/QUOTE]

Rings up for 39.99, the price on the case may or may not be updated. At the GS and Target that I went to, the price on the shelf/case had not been updated.

Went to Gamestop to grab the game with the coupon, and the guy behind the counter had me stand there for 10 minutes while he tried to find the coupon in his Gamestop system, and he didnt find it so he said he wouldnt take it...

Went about 2000 feet to Target and it accepted with no problem....

GameStop is terrible. The two women working their at the time were very rude, with one of them (the manager) smoking during one of those never ending breaks that i see a lot of employees at this GameStop take. It rang up for $39.99, and they couldn't get the coupon to work so the manager just manually made it $29.99, but she made sure to complain about it saying that there was nothing on the coupon that said she had to do it and that it was already on sale, so she shouldn't. I had gift cards (the only reason I would buy something there that I could get somewhere else for the same price), so I was able to walk out with it without paying any cash. Oh, and of course it was one of those famous "new" copies. :bomb: At least it was in good shape.

Got it at Best Buy today. Haven't played since 2k7, but I hope it's not too much of a learning curve. I know 2k is generally better than Live according to many, but I hope there is some sort of practice mode Online competition scares me.

[quote name='judgedee']play defense...and it wouldnt be like that[/QUOTE]

I do , but in this game the ball point guards seem to hold the ball for 20 seconds of the shot clock sometimes and if the off the ball action gets in your way and have to let of the lock on D, the guard will drive hard and even if you catch him they are like riding on a magic carpet to the tin. Unstoppable and very unrealistic for most players.

[quote name='zerotl']Woohoo, great game, and great price for it. What time of the year do they usually release the new version?[/quote]

Late September or early October.

Got it from Game Stop with the coupon. The thing is that it took the guy in the register 10 min just to sort it out. He got out his binder checking the deals from their central office and then tweaked at his computer for another 5 min. He said that the bar code didn't register but he found the EBC code or something like that to make the coupon work. It took some time but it's all worth it and it's the last copy at the gamestop near my place.

you have to download good sliders if you want a realistic game. thankfully they make it very easy to download sliders and rosters for this game.

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']I do , but in this game the ball point guards seem to hold the ball for 20 seconds of the shot clock sometimes and if the off the ball action gets in your way and have to let of the lock on D, the guard will drive hard and even if you catch him they are like riding on a magic carpet to the tin. Unstoppable and very unrealistic for most players.[/quote]

Go onto 2kshare, through the game and download some good realistic sliders.. Because if you play this game on default settings you will have a horrible experience...

My only complaint with 2K9 is the weird online system (no lobbies) and the lack of on-screen information like boxes of stats during games.

Confirmed at Target.

Funny story though, the coupon wouldn't scan right when I was picking this up last night, so the clerk did a manual adjustment for the $10.00 off. However, he never noticed that the coupon DID scan properly, and I got the game for $19.99.

I told him about the error and he just shrugged and sent me off.

don't bother trying to use this coupon at GS. They don't like to take coupons that aren't their own.

My wife tried to use this coupon 2 weeks ago and even the manager flat out refused. Even went as far as to say "That's a 2K coupon, we're Gamestop. You'll need to go to 2k to redeem it". My wife refused to leave until they gave it to her. The manager finally agreed, and then the employee went and rang it up and charged her full price. My wife is not a moron so she noticed this and reminded the guy that the last 30 minutes they have all been discussing this coupon and he said oh yeah i forgot, and then took the $10 off. Jerks.

bread's done
Back