NBA Elite is Pushed Back Until 2011! NBA Jam Officially Coming to 360 and PS3

fmills15

CAGiversary!
Feedback
63 (100%)
The people over at 2K Sports are somewhere having one of the biggest parties of there lives right now. For the first time ever NBA 2K11 will be the only basketball simulation available this Fall because EA has delayed NBA Elite 11 until 2011. NBA Elite 11 was suppose to come out next week so you know the game was extremely close to competition if not gold already.
I guess Micheal Jordan being on the cover of 2K11 along with Elite 11 Jesus demos proved to be too much to overcome for EA’s marketing team.

Continue reading here

Yeah, that frozen player demos reaaaaally killed it for them. 2k pushes out a demo that impresses a lot then EA pushes out a demo that just becomes the internet joke of the week. Maybe it's justice for taking away the 2k NFL games.

Elite was one of the worst sports games I have ever played. The refs don't move, the controls are horrible, the players skate, and it appears that everyone is the same speed. You can rebound a ball with Rondo under the basket and Gasol standing next to him, and they get to the other end of the court at the same time.

I just saw this over the weekend. I had to LOL @ EA for this one. At least they still have the Madden franchise end exclusive NFL license (for now).

Is the real, full NBA Jam hitting the current gen systems? Or is it just a download thing and/or just the arcade mode from it?

I'm kind of thinking I'll get NBA Jam...it sounds awesome, but I want the full game, and I want retail, and if I have to get the Wii version to do that...oh well.

I think it's hilarious how they were trying to pimp their dumb new "better than ever" NBA Elite, but all anyone actually wanted was NBA Jam, which is awesome really.

I love the Giant Bomb guys saying stuff like if you were going to buy Elite, just take out the code for Jam right in front of the clerk at Gamestop, and IMMEDIATELY sell it back to them. That would be SO funny to do. (Except I want the real full game.)

[quote name='Wolfpup']Is the real, full NBA Jam hitting the current gen systems? Or is it just a download thing and/or just the arcade mode from it?

I'm kind of thinking I'll get NBA Jam...it sounds awesome, but I want the full game, and I want retail, and if I have to get the Wii version to do that...oh well.

I think it's hilarious how they were trying to pimp their dumb new "better than ever" NBA Elite, but all anyone actually wanted was NBA Jam, which is awesome really.

I love the Giant Bomb guys saying stuff like if you were going to buy Elite, just take out the code for Jam right in front of the clerk at Gamestop, and IMMEDIATELY sell it back to them. That would be SO funny to do. (Except I want the real full game.)[/QUOTE]

I was on the same boat to buy elite just for jam. But if Jam is really coming to ps3 alone then that is great for me. Can't wait for it.

Good news. I'd rather they take their time than just try to rush the reboot in the 8-9 months a normal iteration would get. I'm also hoping they keep it as NBA Elite 11 and force 2K to go with it so the NBA games are numbered for the year they come out, as the MLB games are the only ones that do that.

I'm hoping the Michael Jordan gimmick works out for 2K, as they need a game that sells well after MLB is going downhill and NHL being a Wii exclusive to minimize the cost.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Good news. I'd rather they take their time than just try to rush the reboot in the 8-9 months a normal iteration would get. I'm also hoping they keep it as NBA Elite 11 and force 2K to go with it so the NBA games are numbered for the year they come out, as the MLB games are the only ones that do that. [/QUOTE]

The seasons are named by the year in which they end. MLB only does that because the baseball season begins and ends in the same year.

[quote name='hhhdx4']The seasons are named by the year in which they end. MLB only does that because the baseball season begins and ends in the same year.[/QUOTE]
Nope, it's because they're continuing a long trend that was set long ago. It's not hard to fix it by dropping the number for a year. Either way, numbering your game for the year the season ends would be the dumbest reason ever if it were true, which it's not.

The MLB games were numbered just like every other game, but Triple Play and ESPN MLB went numberless for a year so they could get the correct year in the title. Sony even had the balls to release an MLB 2006 in 2005 and then MLB 06: The Show the next year to get back on track.

How'd that get started? I don't know, it seems like it's done to have a higher number in the title. After all, it's easier to sell '07 in '06, then it is to sell the current game as '06 in '07.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Nope, it's because they're continuing a long trend that was set long ago. It's not hard to fix it by dropping the number for a year. Either way, numbering your game for the year the season ends would be the dumbest reason ever if it were true, which it's not.

The MLB games were numbered just like every other game, but Triple Play and ESPN MLB went numberless for a year so they could get the correct year in the title. Sony even had the balls to release an MLB 2006 in 2005 and then MLB 06: The Show the next year to get back on track.[/QUOTE]

While the MLB may have had it fucked up, because the season starts and ends in the same year so the game is released in that same year, the NBA/NFL/NHL games have it right.

NBA2K10 covered the 2009-2010 season. Madden 10 covered the 2009-2010 season. NHL 10 covered the 2009-2010 season. The only reason the games are released the "year before" is because they are released at the start of the season.

To title those games for the year they were released is stupid. Why? Because at the end of the season, the seasons are referred to as dual-year, '09-'10, but the champion is usually referred to for just the year in which the playoffs took place, '10. They're never referred to as just the '09 season.

Not to mention that now, the games are updated throughout the year listed on the title, not just released and forgotten about like in the PS1 days.

Yeah, I gotta agree. If you win the '10-'11 championship, you'll be known as the 2011 champions. So, the game should reflect the year the season will be remembered by, not when it was released.

So first they said it would be free to people who bought NBA Elite, and ONLY those people.

Then they said they would eventually sell it on XBLA/PSN.

Now EA has confirmed it's getting a disc release, but have not announced a date/price/feature list.

http://www.1up.com/news/nba-jam-disc-360-ps3

I hope those idiot Wii fanboys from the NBA Jam Facebook group are crying themselves to sleep. God they were awful. "It doesn't NEED HD graphics! It will have great gameplay if they only release it on the Wii. Maybe you should get over yourselves and realize how great the Wii is. I'm GLAD it's only coming out out for the Wii! The Wii is the number one system! Blah blah blah blah!"

bread's done
Back