NBA LIVE 06 or NBA2K6?

lnguyen831

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
im going to stop by EB after work today to get a basketball game for my lonely ps2... which one is the better basketball game, just generally and probably some online games here and there.

I've always like the 2k series but these last 2 years have been disappointing.

2k is loads more realistic and have a better franchise mode. Graphics are a lot better too. I couldnt get use to the sliders and analog stick.

Live is more cartoony and simple. Pretty much basically dunking, shooting and blocking. Not much basketball knowledge is needed.

This year I'd go with Live.

2k series:
+ excellent graphics
+ more realistic gameplay
+ much smarter A.I.
+ numerous game sliders allows you to adjust the gameplay (realistic/arcade)
+ shot stick allows you to shoot w/ right analog stick, pick which type of dunk to perform, which direction for layup
+ streetball mode
+excellent presentation (score/stats overlays, announcers...)

- no slam dunk contest

Live series:

+All Star weekend mode (slam dunk contest, 3pt contest....)
+simple pick up and play controls

-poor graphics
-A.I. sucks
-gameplay too arcadey; pretty skim and weak compare to 2k series
-presentation is plain and boring

Overall, I would get nba 2K6.

well in 2005 i got 2k and then i 2006 i got live. And to tell you the truth i wish i could go back and switch getting live in 05 and 2k in 06. But at this point id almost hold out for 07 a few months off (or if your super cheap pick up my favorite nba game ever nba live 2004 best year eva!).

[quote name='guyver2077']I like both but i enjoy the gameplay of live... 2k6 is sim heavy.. and thats not a con but i just enjoy live...[/QUOTE]

Yes, 2K6 is sim heavy, but you can simply change the gameplay from simulation to arcade. Or even better you can adjust the game sliders (such as the game speed, dunk/block/steal frequencies, A.I. defensive aggressiveness....etc) accordingly to your preferences.

The arcade mode of 2K6 is a much more satisfying b-ball experience than Live. Live's gameplay is just NBA Street minus the tricks and a little simulation added to the mix. If you understand the game of basketball, get 2k6. If you're just a casual b-ball fan, get Live.

2k6 for sure. The live series just seems so stale to me. Plus 2k6 just "feels" more like basketball if that makes sense. But, if you don't care to have your games closer to sim than arcade, you may consider live.

Or if you can't decide, just wait for the newer games (07/2k7) to come out. This is what I'm doing since I don't mind waiting at this point given the fact that basketball games usually come out around september. (Not sure of exact date/month)

bread's done
Back