NBA Live 2010 Free Roster updates and daily DNA updates starting 10/20

kevgret

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Today NBA Elite (2011) has been delayed until further notice.

Because of this delay EA has issued the following statement about Live 2010:

-"For NBA LIVE 10 players, we will continue to offer free content and services throughout the 2010-11 season. We will start with a new roster update so you get all the players for the new season, free of charge. We will also provide free Dynamic DNA updates, daily, for the entire season. That’s a full season of basketball with new rosters and updates, free."

This is pretty good news for those would have Live 2010 or would like to pick it up over NBA 2k11 as an alternative.

Right now, Gamestop has Live for $24.99 used but it can be had for around $13 with some of those $10 coupons people have been storing up plus edge. It comes to around $18.75 with edge and cag16 codes.

I know this isn't a cheap deal per say but I think it's worth atleast a heads up that Live 2010 will be supported this year by EA

Kevin

UPDATE 10/18

18-October-2010
Everyone has been asking what exactly can we expect to see with the NBA LIVE 10 update that was announced? This blog is here to give you all the info that you wanted. NBA LIVE 10 is here for the 2010-2011 season and the game will provide for free updates throughout the entire NBA season. Here’s a list of everything that you can expect to see with the roster update that will be going out on the morning of Wednesday October 20th:

- All rosters have been updated to reflect the 2010-2011 NBA season

- The 2010-2011 rookie class has been included in the update

- There will be DNA Updates throughout the NBA Regular season. Expect the first update to arrive two to three weeks after the NBA regular season begins

- All the player ratings have been updated

There are a few important notes that you should all be aware of regarding the NBA LIVE 10 Update:

- The new rookie class will not have cyber faces included in the update

- Rosters may not be 100% accurate with the first update due to NBA teams not having their rosters locked to 15 players. The rosters will be updated again to reflect the final selections made before the regular season begins.

- Jerseys will not be updated to reflect the 2010-2011 NBA season

- Stadiums will not be updated

- Player shoes have not been updated and there will be no shoe updates coming with NBA LIVE 10 this year.

- There are no scheduled gameplay updates included with the roster update

- Dynamic Season will not be updated

- NBA ELITE commentary will not be incorporated into the update.

All of the DNA Roster Updates will be provided for free with NBA LIVE 10 this year. Expect DNA Updates throughout the entire NBA season as well as any important reports to come your way regarding everything NBA from EA SPORTS. See you all again soon!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='trunks982']this is the reason why it got delayed:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLPGDyE5pEE[/media][/QUOTE]

That is one of the best bugs I've ever seen lol.
It just looks like they've ignored the last 5 years worth of sports game progress in comparison to 2K11.

[quote name='jza1218']Just curious, where did you read this?[/QUOTE]

I can't pull up any links for you at this time, but he is right. The leagues do not want publishers devaluing the license by selling the games below market value. So, if a AAA title on the 360 or PS3 goes for $60, they don't want them selling it for under that. That is indeed what happened with EA, 2K, and the NFL and is why the NFL decided to make their license exclusive.

[quote name='davidb69']For the most part I'd say that the game hasn't been pressed yet. This isn't new for EA who had a bad Madden 1 year and refused to release it next gen and held it back 1 year. True it wasn't 1 week before the game came out but wow. I'm just glad NBA Live 10 will have all the roster updates, just won't have the new schedule which doesn't change much year to year so no big deal there.

I never picked up NBA Live 10 but since it's cheaper I might pick it up since the rosters will be updated for the new year.[/QUOTE]

game was pressed...a few copies sold on ebay earlier n the week. utube videos of nba jam are up as a result

[quote name='MrYouTube']AWESOME!! Laker's showtime is back.

Now just multiply that video times 3 to get my Miami HEAT.[/QUOTE]

The soundtrack for nba 2k11 is amazing aswell. :applause:

[quote name='trunks982']this is the reason why it got delayed:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLPGDyE5pEE[/media][/QUOTE]

Waste of a good J. Cole song.

Last edited by a moderator:
http://www.easports.com/blogs/fromd...-update-for-the-2010-2011-nba-seasonWednesday

18-October-2010
Everyone has been asking what exactly can we expect to see with the NBA LIVE 10 update that was announced? This blog is here to give you all the info that you wanted. NBA LIVE 10 is here for the 2010-2011 season and the game will provide for free updates throughout the entire NBA season. Here’s a list of everything that you can expect to see with the roster update that will be going out on the morning of Wednesday October 20th:

- All rosters have been updated to reflect the 2010-2011 NBA season

- The 2010-2011 rookie class has been included in the update

- There will be DNA Updates throughout the NBA Regular season. Expect the first update to arrive two to three weeks after the NBA regular season begins

- All the player ratings have been updated

There are a few important notes that you should all be aware of regarding the NBA LIVE 10 Update:

- The new rookie class will not have cyber faces included in the update

- Rosters may not be 100% accurate with the first update due to NBA teams not having their rosters locked to 15 players. The rosters will be updated again to reflect the final selections made before the regular season begins.

- Jerseys will not be updated to reflect the 2010-2011 NBA season

- Stadiums will not be updated

- Player shoes have not been updated and there will be no shoe updates coming with NBA LIVE 10 this year.

- There are no scheduled gameplay updates included with the roster update

- Dynamic Season will not be updated

- NBA ELITE commentary will not be incorporated into the update.

All of the DNA Roster Updates will be provided for free with NBA LIVE 10 this year. Expect DNA Updates throughout the entire NBA season as well as any important reports to come your way regarding everything NBA from EA SPORTS. See you all again soon!

Kevin

EA hasn't made a good b-ball game in over 10 years. Last year's NBA 2k10 was sub-par, but 2K came back strong this year and 2k11 is sweet. No reason to even consider the nonsense that EA may or may not bring out this year.

bread's done
Back