NBA Street Vol. 2 (Gamecube) $9.99 TRU B&M

Aww hell I had this game a while back and sold it for like 30 bucks when it was still new. Now im for sure going back and picking it up.

Just called the Toys R' Us nearest me and they still have it for $19.99. I forgot to ask him to scan it. Can anyone confirm NBA Street Vol. 2 for $9.99 B&M?

And can anyone confirm that Toys R' Us now does price matches for their online deals? The guy that answered said that they do not.

Shipping at Amazon kind of kills the deal. :( .

Just a reminder: Glance over at the strat. guides if you go to TRU. The guide for Vol. 2 is a penny.

-Hoshi

thanks ..i've been waiting for this price point..got my printout and i'll be headed over there tomorrow afternoon

OK I verified it. It's a nationwide sale. You shouldn't have to ask for it to be pricematched since it should ring up on the scanner. Second great deal I've gotten in two days! Super Mario Sunshine for $19.99 and now this. How sweet it is to be a CAG.

Great price for a great game, if the PS2 version were $9.99 too I would buy it right away since I have the first game on PS2 and am used to that controller for NBA Street (tried the Gamecube version of Street 1 at my cousin's house and couldn't get used to the different controls)

again, i'd like to say thanks

are you guys getting non players choice copies? i picked up the last player's choice copy at TRU here..says the deal is valid till 5/22 and discount will be taken at register

[quote name='gsr']again, i'd like to say thanks

are you guys getting non players choice copies? i picked up the last player's choice copy at TRU here..says the deal is valid till 5/22 and discount will be taken at register[/quote]

Yeah, mine (MN) had non-players choice versions. One left as of yesterday.

i wouldnt sweat it, id take it for xbox for 5 bucks more vs the gc one.

[quote name='C_A']Damn now I feel like an idjit for getting the XBOX version for 15 a few days ago.[/quote]

OOS..it's gone..but it's still valid till may 22nd in store..so get off your computer and go out! :p..it may be worth your while

1 left at the Northshore Mall in Peabody, Ma.

Here's my experiience:

I bring this and Deathrow for Xbox up (I'm just playing a whim that it might be 10), and ask the lady at the desk to price check them. Both ring up at $20, which I am baffled at. There's a manager next to her, silently putting games in their hard plastic display cases.

So then I ask her, "I've heard that you've started pricematching your own website. Have you heard anything to that effect?" The manager quickly raises his head and says "We don't pricematch anywhere, even our own website." So I'm even more puzzled.

So I finally ask her "Can you just ring it in as if i was buying it?" She says no problem, and SURE ENOUGH, Street rings in as $10. The manager, seemingly not surprised, says "yeah, after you subtotaled it?". So looking at the receipt, it originally charges you the $20, but then later subtracts $10 because its a "Select GC promo". I think it's funny that the manager seemed to know about it, but didn't say anything until I figured it out.

Long story short: Never PriceCHECK at TRU. Usually their promotions kick in after they subtotal.

[quote name='evilmax17']1 left at the Northshore Mall in Peabody, Ma.

Here's my experiience:

I bring this and Deathrow for Xbox up (I'm just playing a whim that it might be 10), and ask the lady at the desk to price check them. Both ring up at $20, which I am baffled at. There's a manager next to her, silently putting games in their hard plastic display cases.

So then I ask her, "I've heard that you've started pricematching your own website. Have you heard anything to that effect?" The manager quickly raises his head and says "We don't pricematch anywhere, even our own website." So I'm even more puzzled.

So I finally ask her "Can you just ring it in as if i was buying it?" She says no problem, and SURE ENOUGH, Street rings in as $10. The manager, seemingly not surprised, says "yeah, after you subtotaled it?". So looking at the receipt, it originally charges you the $20, but then later subtracts $10 because its a "Select GC promo". I think it's funny that the manager seemed to know about it, but didn't say anything until I figured it out.

Long story short: Never PriceCHECK at TRU. Usually their promotions kick in after they subtotal.[/quote]

no offense but if you read the earlier post i made, the 9.99 tag said "discount taken at the register"

but some of these people working in retail are just slime..

The street series actually work better on the Cube I think. The big trigger works really well with all the combos.
Some reviewers mentioned this also in game magazine, GameInformer is one of them that says GC version is the best.

If only I had $10 to buy this! I really want it, but some stupid bill asking me to pay off my house mortgage keeps getting in the way. Dam those Mortgagers! Dam them all to hell!

[quote name='evilmax17']Long story short: Never PriceCHECK at TRU. Usually their promotions kick in after they subtotal. [/quote]

Yeah that was the same way the gamecube memory card deal worked a couple months back.

I picked this up today for $10. Not even really that excited about this game but couldn't resist for the price. They had quite a few left at the Culver City ToysRus in Socal, off Jefferson. All I saw were Greatest Hits versions, anyone picked up a non-greatest hits?.

[quote name='MadFlava']No PS2 love? This game has been on sale for all the other platforms except PS2 :([/quote]

Ask for someone's EA store $15 gift card and get it for $10.94 shipped. (only for the PS2 version)

bread's done
Back