NCAA Football 14 - Out Now! - Now With Infinity Engine 2 and Ultimate Team Mode! - 7/17: The Last NCAA Football Game? :(

ea sports already had to make deals with every single school used in the game since the game started in 90's. ncaa don't own rights to any school name or logo or even bowl games. instead of game being called ncaa football (year) it will just be called college football (year) which happend before they got the ncaa license in 97

They have never had to make a deal with every school in the game, as the CLC (Collegiate Licensing Company) has been handling license negotiations for a bunch of the schools out there since 1981. You can see a list of the schools, bowls, and conferences that they represent here. There are still a bunch of each that aren't represented, including Ohio State, Oregon, USC, B1G, Pac 12, and plenty of others.

They have never had to make a deal with every school in the game, as the CLC (Collegiate Licensing Company) has been handling license negotiations for a bunch of the schools out there since 1981. You can see a list of the schools, bowls, and conferences that they represent here. There are still a bunch of each that aren't represented, including Ohio State, Oregon, USC, B1G, Pac 12, and plenty of others.
they will make a deal with clc and non clc schools ea has the money to do it and money talks.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/07/17/ncaa-will-not-renew-ea-sports-contract

Last edited by a moderator:
EA responded yesterday saying this wont hurt the game and they are already working on the next gen version for next season

I think they would work on the next version as their license ends, what a month early from NCAA's yearly release.

Worse comes to worse EA could just release the game a month early while still under license and then cut ties. Not saying this will happen, but don't gloss over this possibility

I think they would work on the next version as their license ends, what a month early from NCAA's yearly release.

Worse comes to worse EA could just release the game a month early while still under license and then cut ties. Not saying this will happen, but don't gloss over this possibility
EA sports is done with ncaa they broke ties they don't want nothing to do with each other

It's not money that caused the NCAA to stop their licensing, as they're facing a lawsuit that they're apparently worried about if they felt the need to make this move.

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2013/3/18/4121364/ed-obannon-ncaa-lawsuit
Yes I merely meant if when this all settles out, if they can make more money than the possible lawsuit. Then I'm sure they would be more than happy to put up with eachother again.

Oh and 6 current college players threw their name into the lawsuit....

it's alright i like the ut season they now do in both ncaa and madden instead of just rec for your team in online play. it's pretty much madden ut with old college players
Right...it's different to me as I'm a FIFA only guy when it comes to UT so I decided to try it on NCAA. I'm enjoying it so far, except that you can't replay games to earn coins. I'm 2 away from finishing the conference games, 3 from the end of bowl games, so I feel like once those are finished I'll be left with online only and the weekly challenges. Is it like that with Madden or do they refresh/renew the offline games?

Last edited by a moderator:
Right...it's different to me as I'm a FIFA only guy when it comes to UT so I decided to try it on NCAA. I'm enjoying it so far, except that you can't replay games to earn coins. I'm 2 away from finishing the conference games, 3 from the end of bowl games, so I feel like once those are finished I'll be left with online only and the weekly challenges. Is it like that with Madden or do they refresh/renew the offline games?
once season starts madden puts in new single challenges so im sure same thing will be done with ncaa.

bread's done
Back