NCAA Football 2008

alienaub

CAGiversary!
So, it's been out a couple of days... Anyone have it?

I want to pick it up but am a little concerned by it. Firstly, EA didn't send the games to reviewers (usually a bad sign, especially considering they sent the 360 and PS2 versions). Secondly, I've heard that the frame rates arn't that great.

Does the frame rate interfere with gameplay? Is it worth picking it up this year?

I have a feeling that if you don't have a 360, this is the version to get but the preview buzz (or lack thereof) makes me think that the PS3 version didn't spend enough time in the oven.

Yeah, I want to read some impressions of the PS3 version since I want to get a system pretty much for this game. But if it sucks, I'll just get the PS2 version and then see how Madden turns out.

I was so tempted to buy the game today, but I couldn't do it.. I need to see it in action or something.... its a shame how these websites do the ps3 version... its like it doesn' exist. EA didn't really do anything to push it, and to assure people that the ps3 version has quality..

I rented it yesterday from BB. It's not too bad, but the graphics leave a lot to be desired. To me, it looks like a highly polished PS2 game. From what I have read, the 360 version looks much sharper. Initially, I thought the game ran quite smoothly, but after playing MLB The Show which is 60fps, NCAA 2009 does feel a little more choppy. It's definitely not a gamer killer IMO. I just don't think the game is worth $60 on the PS3.

I bought this and All-Pro yesterday. The graphics look like Madden 06 for Xbox 360. Decent graphics. The main reason I got it on the PS3 is that I want to support the PS3 more and I will be transferring my guys from NCAA to Madden.

[quote name='Pootie Thang']I bought this and All-Pro yesterday. The graphics look like Madden 06 for Xbox 360. Decent graphics. The main reason I got it on the PS3 is that I want to support the PS3 more and I will be transferring my guys from NCAA to Madden.[/QUOTE]

you got all pro for the ps3? how was it?

I picked up NCAA 08 on Tuesday and have been pretty impressed. The online gameplay lags a little bit, which throws off your timing on kicks, etc., as compared to offline gameplay. Does anyone know whether you can use a bluetooth headset for online gameplay like in xbox360 games to talk to your opponent? I don't want to buy one until I know it's compatible.

[quote name='Thomas96']you got all pro for the ps3? how was it?[/QUOTE]

I think All-Pro plays exactly the way it did in NFL 2K5 for Xbox. It's amazing to me still. It's not as good since it doesn't have pro teams and players, and I'm not a big fan of only picking 11 players and having the rest made up. But it's good. The lack of franchise also kills the game but overall, in terms of gameplay, I would give the game a 8.5.

As for whether NCAA 08 uses bluetooth headsets or not, it does. I played my brother who lives in Hawaii while chatting w/ bluetooth.

All Pro on the PS3 is amazing. Best football game to date, by far. It's so real, graphics are amazing, and the gameplay just makes you go wow. Definitely the football game to buy.

Well, I tried to pick it up today but all the Best Buys and CCs were sold out.

Not going to Target or WalMart without a deal, so online I guess it is for me.

bread's done
Back