[NCIX] [360] Tekken 6 Hori Stick Bundle $70 / Assassin's Creed 2 $30 / Nier $35

I wanted to like Nier. I really, really did. The story was good, the voice acting was excellent, but the gameplay was just.....so.....not........good.

And one can only handle so many fetch quests.

You see for me, I wanted to hate it, so bad. But I totally got hooked by the characters, story, and art direction. I dont find the gameplay to be terrible, really.

Really? I remember I got Drakengard for $10 and I hated it. The on-foot gameplay was terribly bland and the dragon parts were only slightly less mind-numbing. Nier will have to be $20 before I even consider buying it.

Nier I think will be like Dirge of Cerberus... Gameplay isn't all that great, but the story kept me going through. I want to try it, but it will inevitably be $20.

The gameplay isnt bad, its extremely varied. And if anyone says its a button-masher...it is as much as any other action games i have played recently (GOW3, etc.)

[quote name='Clark.Griswold']My buddy loved Nier, I thought it was crap.

Remember folks, opinions are like assholes. Everyone's got one.[/QUOTE]

Of course, but I like to share opinions more than I like to share my asshole :bouncy:

Nier is a love it or hate it type of game.

I absolutely love it. I rented it and am just about to go for Ending C and then Ending D. The story, characters, and even the combat is good. I really find all of the characters likable where as in a certain JRPG i.e. FFXIII the only character I liked was Lightning and the rest I couldn't stand at all period.

Honestly, Nier to me is like Tales of Symphonia as a JRPG. A game that I will want to go back to and replay again every so often just because it is so much darn fun to play. I can see though why some people hate it and the beginning is a turn off. I could tell though even though the beginning was annoying me with its fetch quests it was a good game. I am glad I kept on going through it.

I forgot to mention this game has the second best original soundtrack this year in a game for me (behind Heavy Rain) in my opinion. I would recommend people rent it first though.

Thanks for the heads up. I rented Nier (and thought it was alright, played through most of it) and I want to play it a few more times but this price drop makes me think it'll plummet and get in the $9.99 bin in a few years, I can wait. I have enough backlog, althought that Hori bundle is looking nice....

bread's done
Back