NCSX To Have Disgaea Reprint In 2 Weeks - $50

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chacrana

CAGiversary!
Feedback
50 (100%)
http://www.ncsx.com/2006/100206/ncs1002f.htm

«©NCSX» Atlus has announced a new production of the popular "Disgaea" game which ships in approximately 2 weeks. Preorders are welcome at US$49. After skimming current auctions and listings from vendors selling the game, the price for Disagaea ranges between US$60 to US$80 so the new production should push prices downwards .

Borne from the fiery loins of the devil, the main character of Makai Senki Disgaea is literally a lil' devil. When old Beezlebub croaks, the path of ascension is unclear and Satan's spawn Lahar must prove himself by taking on all rivals and pretenders to the throne.

Designed similarly to games such as Final Fantasy Tactics, Ogre Battle and Hoshigami, characters battle in 3-D isometric tactical theaters. Conventional weaponry as well as magical spells may be used in the course of war and two comrades watch your back - a wispy devil girl named Etna (complete with forked tail) and a demon penguin named Plinian join your party at the outset of the game. Additional soldiers and fighters may be created with Nippon Ichi's Free Character Creation System.

So apparently that reprint Atlus had a few weeks back was just a test... well, if you somehow fucked up 3 times when Atlus had the game at their store, here's your chance.

Like people said, if Atlus made a difference in the packaging to differentiate the print runs, they couldn't sell them for 50. If the choice is to screw Atlus or ebay whoreders( like that? :p ), I choose the ebay hoarders. Atlus is a great game company and they deserve every penny they can get.

It's a crime that comapnies like EA rake in the big buks while Atlus and all the smaller better companies struggle to get by. The more money Atlus gets, the more games they bring over, so I dont see any negatives to helping them make the most from thier games.

[quote name='xghostsniperx']Sell of your copies NOW if you want a little profit. My sealed copy+guide only went for $71, and my used copy went for $61. Shitty.[/QUOTE]

you got screwed... sealed copy + guide for 71 bucks I would of just kept it and waited a year and sold it for 150 ... Games been reprinted 4 times and the vaule just goes right back up

[quote name='Noodle Pirate!']The more money Atlus gets, the more games they bring over, so I dont see any negatives to helping them make the most from thier games.[/QUOTE]

Amen to that.

seems im keeping mine till prices go back up. Mine closed friday with a BIN price of 100 bucks with accepting offers

only 2 offers

30 bucks and 40 bucks

for those prices i just keep it

[quote name='slidecage']seems im keeping mine till prices go back up. Mine closed friday with a BIN price of 100 bucks with accepting offers

only 2 offers

30 bucks and 40 bucks

for those prices i just keep it[/quote]
Those offers were for a sealed or used copy?

[quote name='eau']Those offers were for a sealed or used copy?[/QUOTE]

those were offers on a brand new sealed copy

and those offer can with 10 mins left (was listed for 7 days and never got an offer till the last few mins)

I'm not even going to bother listing my sealed copy. I figure they will always hold their retail value, so I don't want to just settle for 50 or 60. Maybe in a year it wil lgo back up. If not, THEN I will get my money back. Or maybe I'll break down and play it.

No clue. But Atlus does not typically reprint in large quantity anyway. So it will flood the market for a while, then sold out again and the price goes back up again (probably not to the $160 range just before Atlus announced selling the ebay ninja batch through their website).

[quote name='nathansu']Bought it for 50 - hello ebay![/quote]

Did you even bother reading the thread?

The price really comes down now. An auction for a new copy just ended for $43 plus $6.50 shipping.

Just got an email from NCSX. Apparently the reprint has been delayed until December.

Here is the message I received.

Dear NCS Customer,

Thanks for your recent order for the reproduction of PS2 Disgaea. Please note that we received news from Atlus this morning that the game has been pushed back to early December 2006. We have your order on file and we will ship the once it is released. Apologies for the delay.

Regards,
NCS, Inc

Just to let everyone know, you can now preorder this printing of the game at Amazon as well! I've never ordered from NCSX, so personally I'd be more comfortable with ordering from Amazon. It's still $49.99 there though, but you'll save on shipping and tax.

Link --> http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00009YEJY/ref=nosim/cheapassgam08-20

Many thanks go to CAG-O-MATIC price tracker for this one!

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/videogames.html

I hope this helps someone. I already have the game but I believe everyone should have the chance to play great games. ^_^

[quote name='Alien Spider']Just to let everyone know, you can now preorder this printing of the game at Amazon as well! I've never ordered from NCSX, so personally I'd be more comfortable with ordering from Amazon. It's still $49.99 there though, but you'll save on shipping and tax.

Link --> http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00009YEJY/ref=nosim/cheapassgam08-20

Many thanks go to CAG-O-MATIC price tracker for this one!

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/videogames.html

I hope this helps someone. I already have the game but I believe everyone should have the chance to play great games. ^_^[/QUOTE]

Not to mention the fact that I have FREE two-day shipping at amazon :D

[quote name='Lou-Dawg']Did you even bother reading the thread?[/quote]

Sure do - but wasn't an accurate representation of what was going on with the auctions in general. Sold mine for $61+$6 shipping. :p

[quote name='Alien Spider']Just to let everyone know, you can now preorder this printing of the game at Amazon as well! I've never ordered from NCSX, so personally I'd be more comfortable with ordering from Amazon. It's still $49.99 there though, but you'll save on shipping and tax.
[/quote]

I've been importing things from NCSX for about 6 years and have never had a problem. But if Amazon has a better price, it's totally worth it since shipping from NCSX is typically steep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back