nds XL for 99.99 + tax at Ebgames.ca Nov.4 & 5 only.

[quote name='Derfel']GET IT. Playing games on the larger screens is a revelation. Once you go XL, you never go back.[/QUOTE]

But 3ds = larger screen also >_>; and I still don't have my urge to play it most of the time.

Something just crossed my mind. I wonder if I can trade in Mario Kart Wii and get 25 towards this deal. Spending $75+tax on it is very tempting.

[quote name='Faytz']But 3ds = larger screen also >_>; and I still don't have my urge to play it most of the time.

Something just crossed my mind. I wonder if I can trade in Mario Kart Wii and get 25 towards this deal. Spending $75+tax on it is very tempting.[/QUOTE]

The 3DS top screen is like a widescreen version of the DS Lite, but still isn't as large as the XL top screen, and the bottom screen on the 3DS is the same size as a DS Lite. I have a 3DS as well, but would never play a DS game on it if my XL was around. Plus, the battery life is killer as is the larger stylus.

Last edited by a moderator:
Traded in my broken hinge DS lite yesterday for a burgundy XL. Got home and the box was empty (save for the instruction booklet and the fat stylus). Needless to say I was a little annoyed (read: RAGE) Called EB right away and went back to get a new one, someone had removed the XL + charger from the box and no one had noticed. So from now on all electronics get opened on the spot, seriously though I was ticked off that something like that happened, at EB no less.

I like that dark blue one, but I only play two games on DS and my Lite still works fine. 3DS isn't a perfect solution for DS games cause at 1:1 size the image is tiny and when blown up to fit the screen it's blurry with reduced quality, although it's improved since the launch firmware.

[quote name='maigoyume']Traded in my broken hinge DS lite yesterday for a burgundy XL. Got home and the box was empty (save for the instruction booklet and the fat stylus). Needless to say I was a little annoyed (read: RAGE) Called EB right away and went back to get a new one, someone had removed the XL + charger from the box and no one had noticed. So from now on all electronics get opened on the spot, seriously though I was ticked off that something like that happened, at EB no less.[/QUOTE]

And you didn't notice that the box felt kinda light?

[quote name='djsaiyan']And you didn't notice that the box felt kinda light?[/QUOTE]I was excited to just get it, wasn't expecting there to be no DS inside. Besides the instructions were pretty beefy too, the box + instructions weighs 2lb, the XL only weighs about 314g.

[quote name='maigoyume']I was excited to just get it, wasn't expecting there to be no DS inside. Besides the instructions were pretty beefy too, the box + instructions weighs 2lb, the XL only weighs about 314g.[/QUOTE]

That's very true, thanks for the heads up, I had to ask a friend to get one in store for me (since it's sold out online now). I'll ask her to check just in case~

It's there for me too. Apparently the seal is from nintnedo (or at least looks that way). I had her open it just in case anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
No problem, I wouldn't want anyone else to end up in a situation like that. Luckily I had no issues with them believing my story and offering up a "replacement". Had it opened on the spot and everything was good, the manager then went on to check every single one in stock (in the off chance that another one was missing).

Guessing it's too late to do this offer now? I would have traded in my DSlite towards this, making it 79.99.

[quote name='OmegaChaos']Guessing it's too late to do this offer now? I would have traded in my DSlite towards this, making it 79.99.[/QUOTE]

Actually there is an ongoing promo to trade in your DS Lite towards a new XL and get $60 off.
So it would have been $29.99.

[quote name='zorba_the_greek']Errr unless you can't combine promos, then $79.99 it would be.[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure you can't combine promos. Or else I would've trade in 4 games for the system (I called and they told me no it's not allowed).

So only way you'll be able to get it for 29.99, was if you were able to find a csr that's really clueless and still decides not to check the handbook.

No combining promo's (at least not the $70 off + extra credit on the DSL), they were very specific about that at my location.

I did manage to get the $8 trade in titles bumped up to $25 though.

All in all I got rid of my broken hinge DSL, Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney, Pokemon Platinum, and paid the $19.99 remaining.

bread's done
Back