Nearly amazing find at Half Price Books...

the_deej

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
So I go into Half Price Books today and decide to go and check in the game case. About two years ago they had the lowest prices on a ton of rare games. So I look today all these games had spines facing out, so I ask to open the case beacuse I want to buy some of these. Unfortunately my hopes dropped when I read the price tags... They had:

Complete Arc the Lad Collection - $69.95
Suikoden II - $99.98
Azure Dreams - $29.99
Chocobo Dungeon - $19.99

I'm sure they have a guy there whos job is to look up game prices on ebay.. =(

"half price" my ass, chances are that it's an employee who doesn't have the money now, but when he does, he'll drop the price and buy them.

[quote name='the_deej']
Complete Arc the Lad Collection - $69.95 =([/quote]

Wow. And to think that at my Half Price Books, that game was case and discs only for about $10.99. In retrospect, I probably should have bought that game.

wow you half price sucks. I love going to mine because they always have great prices and are almost always "Half Price" on retail. I picked up a new sealed Jade Empire for 8.68 last week. Today I stopped in and I didnt buy anything but they had a sealed PGR3 for the 360 for $15, Battlefield 2 for PC for 12.99, and a bunch of decent xbox games from 4.99 to 14.99.

Sucks about your Half-Price Books, but the one near my house has so great deals, like Final Fantasy VIII for 6 dollars, or Warcraft 3 Frozen Throne for 5 dollars. And the one in Castlenton is even better, with Fallout 1 and 2 for 2 dollars each (already had them, so I didn't buy them) or Legend of Mana for 15 dollars (should bought it).

[quote name='Rirse']Sucks about your Half-Price Books, but the one near my house has so great deals, like Final Fantasy VIII for 6 dollars, or Warcraft 3 Frozen Throne for 5 dollars. And the one in Castlenton is even better, with Fallout 1 and 2 for 2 dollars each (already had them, so I didn't buy them) or Legend of Mana for 15 dollars (should bought it).[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the ones near me usually have great deals on game stuff. That is, when they get new stuff in. The game shelf can, at times, lay un-updated for weeks on end and then, boom, you get a load of new, unopened gameboy color games for like five dollars. That's been the thing, this week. I got these sealed:

Armorines
S-11
Rampage 2
Marble Madness for GBC
Wheel of Fortune
for SNES.

Not to mention a ton of other boxed genesis and snes and Sega CD games. Viva, HPB.

[quote name='Rirse']Sucks about your Half-Price Books, but the one near my house has so great deals, like Final Fantasy VIII for 6 dollars, or Warcraft 3 Frozen Throne for 5 dollars. And the one in Castlenton is even better, with Fallout 1 and 2 for 2 dollars each (already had them, so I didn't buy them) or Legend of Mana for 15 dollars (should bought it).[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the ones near me usually have great deals on game stuff. That is, when they get new stuff in. The game shelf can, at times, lay un-updated for weeks on end and then, boom, you get a load of new, unopened gameboy color games for like five dollars. That's been the thing, this week. I got these sealed:

Armorines
S-11
Rampage 2
Marble Madness for GBC
Wheel of Fortune
for SNES.

In fact, I walked away from a mint-looking FF VII (GH) for $5.98 since I have already have a GH and a non-GH already. I thought twice, but I guess anything more would be considered hoarding.

bread's done
Back