NEC MultiSync 19" LCD Monitor $2.00 at Amazon.com (Orders Cancelled)

prmononoke

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I am guessing this is a price mistake, but amazon.com has this 19" LCD monitor for only $2.00. It's actually sold by PC Universe, but if they honor this, it's an amazing deal!

B0006GXOTM.01-A3HXWER1CPLV7Q._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Edit: Shipping is about $27, but it's still an awesome deal.

[quote name='Rudiger']They would loose $623 on their mistake. I seriously doubt they would honor the $2 price.[/quote]

Probably not, but it's definitely worth a shot.

Ah hah.

Well you can put the order through, but about a minute later, you get a "this is not in stock so the order has been cancelled" e-mail.

I did just try it again just for kicks though.

Hmmm.

With my second order I clicked on the "used from $2.00 and up" link instead of amazon.com's original link (which I did in the first order).

PCUniverse showed up as selling it for $2, so I went through them. Put two on the order, paid some $54 in shipping or so, and finished the order. Amazon did tell me "but you just placed an order for this a few minutes ago!" To which I just said to do it anyway.

For kicks I went to PCUniverse's website - the monitor in question runs a little over $400 over there. Which means this place is pretty hilarious in terms of pricing - you can get monitors that large for half that price, if not actually a few inches larger (insert your mom joke variant here).

Let's see what happens. As of now, a few minutes past the second order, I haven't received a cancellation.

Doing a Google search shows that it actually retails for anywhere between $350-400. Maybe it's actually a really nice monitor. If it goes through, and I don't sell mine, I'll hook it up for dual-monitoring.

Honestly though, there's not a whole lot of difference between a name brand and an off brand. I mean there might be, but I've seen cheapass bargain bin LCDs perform pretty admirably. Maybe an uglier case or no USB ports, but if it's got a low response time and good contrast, it'll work for anyone.

Still no cancellation. I'm sick atm so I will go let this thing brew while I sleep.

Even if it ships won't Amazon just make you send it back or they will charge you the difference of the actual price it was supposed to be? Isn't that what they did on the last price mistake catastrophe?

That would be illegal. You can't change the price after a customer has agreed to it, from what I understand.

And if they did do that, I'd block the charge my card.

[quote name='Strell']That would be illegal. You can't change the price after a customer has agreed to it, from what I understand.

And if they did do that, I'd block the charge my card.[/QUOTE]
That's what I thought, but isn't what they did last time there was a big price mistake? I'm sure Amazon has some decent lawyers working for them would have told them otherwise.

Already showing as OOS again as of about 5 minutes ago. Get all the way to the 'final are you sure you want to buy this page' and then it says they're all sold out.

Edit: And back again; in for one on the off-chance it doesn't get cancelled.

[quote name='b3b0p']That's what I thought, but isn't what they did last time there was a big price mistake? I'm sure Amazon has some decent lawyers working for them would have told them otherwise.[/QUOTE]

Well then they just bought themselves a visit to time out.

And the other shoe has now dropped, some 40 minutes ago.

Oh well. Now to make sure the charge doesn't go through on my card, which still shows as pending.

Good luck everyone else, but I have a feeling now they have realized what happened.

bread's done
Back