need 19 inch or greater flat screen monitor...advice on HP W1907?

ZForce915

CAGiversary!
Feedback
112 (100%)
The HP W1907 is a good looking monitor, I found it on Amazon for $220. Problem is I can't really find any reviews for it. Does anyone already have one and can recommend?

Any other suggestions?

Damn, somebody made a request similar to yours a while ago in the PC forums. They ended up with a Samsung model, can't remember which one but he was pleased with it.

I have a Norcent Widescreen 19" LCD that I got about a month ago then ended up needing a new computer. Dell had a deal that wouldn't allow me to remove their monitor; so now I've got two monitors.

It has DVI, analog and speakers. I'll sell for $100 shipped. I've probably used the monitor a total of 10 hours and it works great. PM me if interested.

Starting sunday 4/22 Staples has a Acer 19" widescreen monitor for $150 no rebates. And right now the Hanns-G 19" widescreen is $170 at Newegg. Both are 5ms and 700:1.

[quote name='ZForce915']The HP W1907 is a good looking monitor, I found it on Amazon for $220. Problem is I can't really find any reviews for it. Does anyone already have one and can recommend?

Any other suggestions?[/quote]
I picked up a DELL 22" WS for ~ $292 shipped... go 19" as a minimum. Try to go up to a 20" or 22" if you can.

www.techbargains.com

I'll sell you my 24' Samsung 244t (1920x1200 pixels!) for $499+shipping, I'm currently trying to get rid of the beast because I got in a crazy ass car crash that I need to pay off. Shoot me a email if your interested.

[quote name='Derrick Barra']I'll sell you my 24' Samsung 244t (1920x1200 pixels!) for $499+shipping, I'm currently trying to get rid of the beast because I got in a crazy ass car crash that I need to pay off. Shoot me a email if your interested.[/QUOTE]

Holy hell! That is one crazy big monitor. I don't have that kinda money to spend on a monitor (if I'm not mistaken I only spent about $500 on my Dell when I bought it). I hope someone bites though.

[quote name='puternerd']Starting sunday 4/22 Staples has a Acer 19" widescreen monitor for $140 no rebates. And right now the Hanns-G 19" widescreen is $170 at Newegg. Both are 5ms and 700:1.[/QUOTE]

This is good info, the person above you has a monitor he might sell me with a 5ms response time and 850:1. It's used, but hey it's $40 less, right?

A 19" Acer for $140? That sounds like a good deal to me... a brand new 19" brand name monitor for $140 is a steal. Normally, you only see budget brands at those prices.

Anyone have a link to the staples ad or a model # on the $140 Acer? One on their site has a max res of 1280x1024...hoping it's not that one.

I'm pretty happy with my viewsonic. Only problem is their LCDs are bright as hell, and probably killing my retinas.

I think your choices are going to be wildly different depending on usage. Is color more important than response time? dvi vs analog? etc..

[quote name='Surferflames']I'm pretty happy with my viewsonic. Only problem is their LCDs are bright as hell, and probably killing my retinas.

I think your choices are going to be wildly different depending on usage. Is color more important than response time? dvi vs analog? etc..[/QUOTE]

I don't game on my computer, I pretty much want it for the convience of having a slim monitor. I do mostly photoshop work and sometimes I watch DVDs, but not often.

If you're going to be spending around $200, just get a 20.1" from Newegg. I just picked up a Sceptre X20WC-Gamer and it's great. It has pretty good specs and it's 1650 x 1050, so it can accept 1080p sources.

The main reason I chose it is because of the higher resolution which is great for Photoshop too.

[quote name='reiji']If you're going to be spending around $200, just get a 20.1" from Newegg. I just picked up a Sceptre X20WC-Gamer and it's great. It has pretty good specs and it's 1650 x 1050, so it can accept 1080p sources.

The main reason I chose it is because of the higher resolution which is great for Photoshop too.[/QUOTE]

You need 1900x1080 resolution to display 1080p. The best that monitor can do is 720p.

[quote name='Vinny']You need 1900x1080 resolution to display 1080p. The best that monitor can do is 720p.[/quote] I just meant that it accepts 1080p signals and scales it to 1680x1050. And 1080p is 1920x1080 IIRC.

i got a samsung 225bw yesterday, 22 inch wide screen at circuit city for $189 open box. It was the last one, and if you can find a new one they are on sale for $214 new

if you can, Wait till black friday. 200 dolalr, 22 inches, and it has component ports,composite ports, S-video, DVI, D-Sub. If only it did coaxial...

bread's done
Back