Need a cheap solution for hooking my Wii up to my LCD monitor

thanksbetotap

CAG Veteran
What is the cheapest way to connect to my monitor's VGA port reliably?

It's frustrating because there appear to be only sketchy, expensive converter boxes, or similarly expensive third-party cables that have some issues. And then TV tuners have unacceptable lag.

Also, is there any way to output 480i games through the Wii to a VGA monitor as well? Or do only 480p games exclusively work?

Thanks a lot, guys. If I've posted this in the wrong forum, sorry - first time posting.

The most reputable set of cables are vdigi ones. They've been reviewed well by some media sites and users at neogaf. Not exactly cheap, but cheaper than a converter box I think.

These only support 480p Wii and Gamecube games.

Thanks, guys. I appreciate it.

I don't suppose there's a cheap way to snag the vdigi cable? There don't seem to be any on ebay.

I honestly wouldn't do it.. the Wii's native resolution is VERY low, 640x480 (or 720x480 for widescreen) and most computer monitors have a native resolution twice that much.

In short, the picture output by the Wii will be stretched to fit the screen and will look horrible.

Or better yet... is there a cheap composite solution??

I have no other means of displaying my Wii besides my monitor in my current situation, unfortunately.

bread's done
Back